Season pass, worth it?

DinoDash

21 minutes ago, Campi said:

Well scorged is 20€ at the moment and the pass is 27€ (in my country at least). If you plan to buy the next 2 expansions as soon as they release i guess the pass will still be cheaper since you can assume those 2 will also be in the 20€ price range at the start.

That's actually different than the prices that I have. Here it's about 36€ for the season pass.

The Season PAss for me is showing 45$ (I do not own SE).

It's on sale right now for 30$.

Given SE normally is 20$, and I heard owners of SE get an even further discount (dunno if it's true or not), then 'price' wise, it SEEMS like a good deal. But that's only if you plan on getting the other two DLC's on day one no matter what they end up being. Regardless, an even better sale will probably drop at another date, one that's more than 33% hopefully.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyWaffles said:

I found it! This includes SE so it would be nice to get $20 off.

Agreed.  At this price, assuming the price point is the same as SE, it'll be cheaper just to buy the next two expansions straight up.  I've already bought the game twice.  I'm not keen to buy SE twice too.  I would have paid the $30 for the season pass though and felt okay about it.  Bummer.  Maybe it'll go on sale.  

3 hours ago, Shadow9cat said:

Agreed.  At this price, assuming the price point is the same as SE, it'll be cheaper just to buy the next two expansions straight up.  I've already bought the game twice.  I'm not keen to buy SE twice too.  I would have paid the $30 for the season pass though and felt okay about it.  Bummer.  Maybe it'll go on sale.  

I'm just waiting for a sale or discount because there's no way I'm buying it at this price.

1 hour ago, Askew said:

Absolutely don't buy it until you have seen at least the first expansion.

Giving a company like this money in advance and trusting them to give you something worth that money is extremely illogical.

On the contrary, if you enjoyed the storyline of The Island and Scorched Earth and liked the content they produced, there is every reason to trust them going forward.

Also my explanation from another thread:

You're not buying it again. You're buying a pass for future content. That pass happens to include Scorched Earth if you don't already own it, but it's important that you understand the distinction between a package of three DLCs and a Season Pass. It's a bit of mental loop-de-loop but the logic all checks out. You're still getting a discount as long as you buy while the 33% off is still in effect, it's just smaller for you because you already own some of the content that would normally be included.

Essentially, if you were paying for it again, you would have two keys upon purchase, but you don't, and the Steam Store is very up front about that. You only get access to they next two Expansions.

Essentially at it's current price you can pay $15 for each of the next two DLCs which is 25% off, or you can pay $10 for all three if you don't own ScE, which is 50% off. Discount either way it's just a matter of the purchase volume shifting the overall discount percentage. Similar to a retail bulk food purchase.

Now if on the PS4 and XBox stores there is currently no discount, and until there is I do not recommend purchasing the Season Pass as you would in fact be paying more if you already own Scorched Earth. (But still less if you don't.) At this point I'd say just wait to see if it goes on sale for consoles or else bug the Devs to try and find out if it should be on sale and isn't for some reason.

Archived