Launch trailer content not in the game

Jaywall

Phoenix isn't in the game yet, and if you looked in the patch notes, only the otter was added. Tek shield and sword are also not added, though I believe they will be within the week like the Phoenix.

The endgame stuff is there, it's at the end of the Tek cave.

The otter is in the game, but I don't think it's on Rag or Center yet. They might be but I haven't found an otter yet on Rag, and I know the Center is usually behind if the dino needs a custom spawn (dunno if the otter has one though).

Even then, never take what you see in the trailer as what will be there immediately on patch day. The trailer was released days before released and was a celebration for Ark's release. A teaser trailer. Not once did it say EVERYTHING in it was gonna be on day one.

13 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Phoenix isn't in the game yet, and if you looked in the patch notes, only the otter was added. Tek shield and sword are also not added, though I believe they will be within the week like the Phoenix.

The otter is in the game, but I don't think it's on Rag or Center yet. They might be but I haven't found an otter yet on Rag, and I know the Center is usually behind if the dino needs a custom spawn (dunno if the otter has one though).

Even then, never take what you see in the trailer as what will be there immediately on patch day. The trailer was released days before released and was a celebration for Ark's release. A teaser trailer. Not once did it say EVERYTHING in it was gonna be on day one.

Sorry, usually in launch trailers the game shows content that's IN GAMES lol some people see ads or watch tv, not everyone keeps track of patch notes. Never seen a game have a launch trailer with missing content. It's truly absurd

2 minutes ago, Jaywall said:

Sorry, usually in launch trailers the game shows content that's IN GAMES lol some people see ads or watch tv, not everyone keeps track of patch notes. Never seen a game have a launch trailer with missing content. It's truly absurd

It's called 'getting people hyped'. Patch notes are the guarantee to what just got added, not trailers. IF that was the case, then we'd have Primal Survival by now.

It WILL be in the game, you just need some patience. But it seems most people like to sit and demand what they want rather than getting excited for whenever it does get added. You'll get it soon, just not now.

5 minutes ago, Ulta said:

It's called 'getting people hyped'. Patch notes are the guarantee to what just got added, not trailers. IF that was the case, then we'd have Primal Survival by now.

It WILL be in the game, you just need some patience. But it seems most people like to sit and demand what they want rather than getting excited for whenever it does get added. You'll get it soon, just not now.

Lol defending lazy development. You don't show content in a launch trailer that isn't in the game.

4 minutes ago, Ulta said:

His request is not unreasonable. Trailers should hype actual in game content, not planned future content. That being said, I believe WC announced all those things would be available today, but they missed their deadline.

3 minutes ago, Jaywall said:

Lol defending lazy development. You don't show content in a launch trailer that isn't in the game.

The content you are looking for will be added later. If you want an explanation for console its the patch that Microsoft had already approved that we got on release. Phoenix and Otter plus the other Tek stuff was created after that patch was certified 

Its not lazy development its that the content wasn't planned when the release build for Ark on console was made.

If for PC then same thing except the Otter was good to go since it is a much much simpler creature than a Phoenix

5 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

His request is not unreasonable. Trailers should hype actual in game content, not planned future content. That being said, I believe WC announced all those things would be available today, but they missed their deadline.

The literal purpose of trailers is to hype content that doesnt exist yet smh

To clarify so you understand. If you haven't physically played the content and its only appearance was in a trailer then it does not "exist" to you

3 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Still can't think of a single example. I think I see where we differ, though. You are saying the trailer is released before the game, DLC, whatever is released. We are saying once you own said item the content is always there when you buy it, not a week or 2 after you make the purchase.

No mans sky was one game whose trailers features things that was not in the game at launch. They also showed a world that looked nothing like what the actual game plays like.

56 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Released - 29 August, 2017

• New Creature: The Otter!
  • Endboss and Ascension.
  • Ice Wyvern remodel and they're now uploadable.
  • Official System Anti-Duping syste

Ok, I think it's time to treat WildCard professionally here, as this game is no longer EA. so things ok in the past, shouldn't be ok now.

what happened called false advertisement, and actually, you can win this case in court.

for getting people hyped, we got that thread already. but placing things doesn't exist in the trailer, is not ok from now on. This is for our sake to make this game good and not help to make false advertisements then cry about later.

Personally, I have flagged the game for this on steam.

all games i have ever played shows only content that actually in the game/DLC already.

I can't believe that some of you have never seen a game trailer that showed off a game that didn't actually have that content in the game. Nearly all game trailers are cinematic and beautiful cut scenes from the developers game concept story. Though that story they portray with highly detailed artistic (Hollywood style) rendering isn't the game that you are going to be playing.

The content in the Ark trailer is actual...even though a few things might be delayed. Don't worry, you'll get your sword and shield and Phoenix.

I totally support the outrage over this incredible sedition of the Great Truth that all good souls seek to join. I thank you for this post, as this eye-Unicorn had totally slipped by my attention. Now that I know, it is ALL I can think about.

You know what including future content in a trailer is like? Murder. It's exactly like murder. They've killed the Santa Claus that lives in the heart of every child. Lil teeny tiny fetus Jebus is crying! Are you happy, WC? You made the creator of the universe CRY!

Somebody call Antifa...

3 hours ago, Ulta said:

technically, everything in it should be in the game right? Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought it was the full launch trailer? Why make a trailer for the full release showing stuff that's going to be added later instead of just what's going to be in it for sure at launch? Maybe they should have titled it teaser trailer and not full release trailer? 

2 hours ago, Grandta said:

I'm actually surprised that gaming websites aren't doing news about this whole situation in general.

They're likely being paid off. Wouldn't put it past WC at this point. They rushed release because they didn't want another SE anger situation. It's clear they want to bring new DLC out asap, but they couldn't make the same mistake twice in Early Access. They're money hounds. Simple as that.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jtmorris said:

That's too bad. :( I was looking forward to looking for the Phoenix tonight. We'll hopefully it comes soon. 

As for people trying to make drama, remember that just because you don't like or agree with a decision, doesn't mean that it wasn't a good decision or the best one. 

It's still on the way, just a slight hiccup with release due to some midnight oil burning fixes to be done to them.

21 minutes ago, Xelanie said:

They're likely being paid off. Wouldn't put it past WC at this point. They rushed release because they didn't want another SE anger situation. It's clear they want to bring new DLC out asap, but they couldn't make the same mistake twice in Early Access. They're money hounds. Simple as that.

LOL you make it sound like being a business is a bad thing. No one is out to serve you for free. Life just doesn't work that way. Just because they are a business and want to make money doesn't make them a bunch of greedy villains. 

Archived