Multi-Platform Official Release Server Discussion Mega-Thread

SHAYATHEGREAT

Just now, Bassplayer said:

It takes time you say? With the release pushed back more than once there was the take a breath and relax moments. This is their day one of being a finished game and the waiting and breathing idea needs to stop. If we as a community can't even hold them to their own timelines now that the EA excuse is in the past when can we?

At the end of the day, the community throwing a fit changes nothing if it is already a known issue they are trying to fix. Doesn't matter how much anyone likes or hates it. The only time stamp that was not an eta which has nothing to do with early access, was the release. Everything else you should always assume will not be on the mark that they said. Yes it is bad pr to underestimate the time needed, but I do not run that company. I just like playing their game. However I know that for everyone else, stressing over something you can't control is helping nothing. Always assume that their eta's are underestimated instead of over. 

Just now, Chunk1664 said:

It's just frustrating that we have all waited so long for this and even now wildcard seem incapable of hitti g dates or telling the truth.  Then in the midst of all this Jeremy tweets about a great thing that will happen tomorrow!

I agree, and it always has been. As for Jeremy lol ignore that dude he's trying to hype crap up for a paid dlc that they stated they wanted to release forever ago. He's just excited because he wants to see more money rolling in 9_9

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LarryDaLobsta25 said:

My update had just finished for the xbix veraion of ark and i tried to join my normal server but when i search i find no servers at all is this a fixable thing or is it happening for everyone

console servers aren't supposed to come back up until like 7pm eastern time I believe

1 minute ago, MandaBear said:

At the end of the day, the community throwing a fit changes nothing if it is already a known issue they are trying to fix. Doesn't matter how much anyone likes or hates it. The only time stamp that was not an eta which has nothing to do with early access, was the release. Everything else you should always assume will not be on the mark that they said. Yes it is bad pr to underestimate the time needed, but I do not run that company. I just like playing their game. However I know that for everyone else, stressing over something you can't control is helping nothing. Always assume that their eta's are underestimated instead of over. 

I agree, and it always has been. As for Jeremy lol ignore that dude he's trying to hype crap up for a paid dlc that they stated they wanted to release forever ago. He's just excited because he wants to see more money rolling in 9_9

Sorry if it appeared I was having a go, but after a this wait and still trying to get 3 servers back online so my friends can play it's got a tad frustrating 

You didn't answer the question. When (in your opinion) are we as a community allowed to hold them accountable? You defend them so I would like the opinion of someone on the other side of the fence. No malice intended just honestly curious. 

Just now, Bassplayer said:

You didn't answer the question. When (in your opinion) are we as a community allowed to hold them accountable? You defend them so I would like the opinion of someone on the other side of the fence. No malice intended just honestly curious. 

ohh, I figured that was just some sarcastic way of taking a dig because I was not on the bandwagon of hating on them. My apologies. Honestly I believe you are allowed to always hold them accountable for any times that they say are supposed to be set in stone. The problem doesn't come in there, though. It comes in when they say estimated times and everyone thinks that is a set in stone statement. The one time that they have given an official time and missed it was with the official launch. They messed up and the community spoke out rightfully so. Many people pulled their preorders and had every right to do so because the company did not stand by its word. I never once defended them there and refuse to ever in the future. However, when it comes to an eta like what they stated with the release time on the servers, it was never set in stone for a reason. That reason being that anything can and does happen every time. 

ohh, I figured that was just some sarcastic way of taking a dig because I was not on the bandwagon of hating on them. My apologies. Honestly I believe you are allowed to always hold them accountable for any times that they say are supposed to be set in stone. The problem doesn't come in there, though. It comes in when they say estimated times and everyone thinks that is a set in stone statement. The one time that they have given an official time and missed it was with the official launch. They messed up and the community spoke out rightfully so. Many people pulled their preorders and had every right to do so because the company did not stand by its word. I never once defended them there and refuse to ever in the future. However, when it comes to an eta like what they stated with the release time on the servers, it was never set in stone for a reason. That reason being that anything can and does happen every time. 

But this game is literally built around multiplayer. They made the game so one person could never learn all the engrams so there being official servers to play on are a must. This is thier day one of the game being released and new or old players both should be able to play the game as intended. 

9 minutes ago, Hobgobblin247 said:

There's a lot of servers not up and running yet.. console isn't available at all

Maybe, but check this with me : 

They released The Center oficial map : 0 Legacy SA servers

Scorched Earth released :  0 legacy SA servers

Ragnarok released : 0 legacy SA servers

Can  you see my point? We are been forgotten a loong time ago

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Joanna said:

@ThzNutz You wouldn't happen to know if they are going to deploy at least one EU PVE The Center server would you??  Currently not a single new one has been deployed so we are all stuck on unsupported legacy servers.

i am sorry, but no. :(

i dont have anymore information regarding servers than what you guys do, even if i did know i do not have the authority to divulge such information.

4 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

i am sorry, but no. :(

i dont have anymore information regarding servers than what you guys do, even if i did know i do not have the authority to divulge such information.

Thanks for the reply.  It's just very frustrating, first we have support pulled away from us and now we can't even go to a replacement server that has support.  It also really does not help that it's impossible to get a response from anyone in wildcard.

12 minutes ago, JonasHR said:

Maybe, but check this with me : 

They released The Center oficial map : 0 Legacy SA servers

Scorched Earth released :  0 legacy SA servers

Ragnarok released : 0 legacy SA servers

Can  you see my point? We are been forgotten a loong time ago

It's release day.. check this then..

Any region console servers = 0

For most companies you see that they lob SA in with the whole America's region.. Just like for most you'll see an Oceanic region which also includes Asia

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Joanna said:

Thanks for the reply.  It's just very frustrating, first we have support pulled away from us and now we can't even go to a replacement server that has support.

i understand the frustration and hope you guys get a new server:)

we are staying on legacy, as "support" as its called is not worth losing all of our work. i hope that support works better for the new servers, but if its anything like it was there is no reason to leave a legacy server for a maybe. legacy will still get all of the updates and content as the new servers. guess thats off topic tho, sorry.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Multi-Platform Official Release Server Discussion Mega-Thread

Archived