Multi-Platform Official Release Server Discussion Mega-Thread

SHAYATHEGREAT

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Mohware said:

They should have just started with a clean slate...the only few rag official servers that are running are completely full... and you see the "Legacy Servers" pretty much empty and the new ones are just completely full... but I guess they like doing things like this... it wouldn't be ark without the delay and missed ETAs

You can't call the official release an ETA you either hit your release date or it's just missed. 

2 minutes ago, Sundered said:

I dont have twitter, I dont have facebook, I dont have a phone that can even do them as far as I know. They are unacceptable methods of communication for me, but if thats how they are communicating, I understand. But the key word is communication. Thats all I am asking for. Are we going to see the promised Isolated Clusters or not. Even a NO is acceptable so the 10 of us dont sit here all day waiting for something that is never coming.

I would have thought that this information would be on the first page of survive the ark . com in a hard to miss area.  but, who knows why some things are done.

They have hit the release day though. Official servers aren't the entire game. Single player, non dedicated, and dedicated servers are up and running. The game is available to play but just not on an official server yet. This is the same as what happened when the center released. Chill. They have already stated that more servers will become available with demand. They just are not capable of releasing every single one instantly. Be patient and give them time to work. :|

Just now, MandaBear said:

They have hit the release day though. Official servers aren't the entire game. Single player, non dedicated, and dedicated servers are up and running. The game is available to play but just not on an official server yet. This is the same as what happened when the center released. Chill. They have already stated that more servers will become available with demand. They just are not capable of releasing every single one instantly. Be patient and give them time to work. :|

Well we have been patient that's the thing, they've pushed the release date multiple times now. They have had ample time to do it. It's been out on PC for over a month. The least they could do is follow through or open up the non ragnarok related servers. It's just a meme btw no reason to take it so personally. 

3 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

Private servers aren't available though.  They haven't released the update to nitrado 

3 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

Why apologize for this company? This is a MAJOR part of Ark. Playing on some random persons rules and whims are not what pvp is about. With official servers you don't have to deal with gather rate and every other option set to max or someone running to their friend the owner to have you wiped and banned. Without official it's just spinning your wheels. 

1 minute ago, Thecheyfox said:

Well we have been patient that's the thing, they've pushed the release date multiple times now. They have had ample time to do it. It's been out on PC for over a month. The least they could do is follow through or open up the non ragnarok related servers. It's just a meme btw no reason to take it so personally. 

The post was to the guy above you saying they missed the release day. Atm its all PC that they are working on I believe lol the problems haven't even started on consoles yet. The issues aren't the maps though, its the servers themselves. They are releasing a ton of them and having to deal with a massive influx of people trying to play. Takes a while. 

1 minute ago, Chunk1664 said:

Private servers aren't available though.  They haven't released the update to nitrado 

When I stated dedicated, I meant the ones that people were hosting on their consoles. I play xbox and know I can't host one for a few more weeks minimum. But there are still others hosting on their systems, or you could just explore in single player atm. A bit of scouting has always come in handy when you are in a rat race to grab the best base location. 

Just now, MandaBear said:

The post was to the guy above you saying they missed the release day. Atm its all PC that they are working on I believe lol the problems haven't even started on consoles yet. The issues aren't the maps though, its the servers themselves. They are releasing a ton of them and having to deal with a massive influx of people trying to play. Takes a while. 

When I stated dedicated, I meant the ones that people were hosting on their consoles. I play xbox and know I can't host one for a few more weeks minimum. But there are still others hosting on their systems, or you could just explore in single player atm. A bit of scouting has always come in handy when you are in a rat race to grab the best base location. 

That the thing though, me and the 10 friends I have aren't in a rat race to.find the best places, we just want to play and after paying nitrado a decent sum the least I would expect is to be able to play

1 minute ago, Bassplayer said:

Why apologize for this company? This is a MAJOR part of Ark. Playing on some random persons rules and whims are not what pvp is about. With official servers you don't have to deal with gather rate and every other option set to max or someone running to their friend the owner to have you wiped and banned. Without official it's just spinning your wheels. 

I'm not apologizing, this just isn't the first map release I've been around for. I was here when the center and scorched earth released as well and remember people freaking out during both of those incidents as well. I enjoy official servers as well, but the issue isn't that I'm saying people should play dedicated and not those types. I'm saying people need to just breathe and stop working themselves up so much when it will all work out in the end like it has always done before. It takes time and they obviously under estimated the amount of work that would go into this. Freaking out is not helping rush it, its just making everyone miserable for no reason. Most tribes on official pvp get wiped off of the first server they pick anyways  lol 

2 minutes ago, Chunk1664 said:

That the thing though, me and the 10 friends I have aren't in a rat race to.find the best places, we just want to play and after paying nitrado a decent sum the least I would expect is to be able to play

I agree :) You as a consumer should get what you paid for. But nitrado have no way of knowing when everything will be ready to go. If you have paid for all of today as well then I would message nitrado and tell them that they owe you for the time that the product you paid for was not available. Of course this is just going from a logical standpoint, and not one from someone who has actually dealt with that company. Either way though, they owe you for what you paid for. If the server hosting didn't start today, though, they will just point you to the date it was supposed to start and stop responding most likely. 

2 minutes ago, MandaBear said:

I'm not apologizing, this just isn't the first map release I've been around for. I was here when the center and scorched earth released as well and remember people freaking out during both of those incidents as well. I enjoy official servers as well, but the issue isn't that I'm saying people should play dedicated and not those types. I'm saying people need to just breathe and stop working themselves up so much when it will all work out in the end like it has always done before. It takes time and they obviously under estimated the amount of work that would go into this. Freaking out is not helping rush it, its just making everyone miserable for no reason. Most tribes on official pvp get wiped off of the first server they pick anyways  lol 

It takes time you say? With the release pushed back more than once there was the take a breath and relax moments. This is their day one of being a finished game and the waiting and breathing idea needs to stop. If we as a community can't even hold them to their own timelines now that the EA excuse is in the past when can we?

1 minute ago, MandaBear said:

I agree :) You as a consumer should get what you paid for. But nitrado have no way of knowing when everything will be ready to go. If you have paid for all of today as well then I would message nitrado and tell them that they owe you for the time that the product you paid for was not available. Of course this is just going from a logical standpoint, and not one from someone who has actually dealt with that company. Either way though, they owe you for what you paid for. If the server hosting didn't start today, though, they will just point you to the date it was supposed to start and stop responding most likely. 

It's just frustrating that we have all waited so long for this and even now wildcard seem incapable of hitti g dates or telling the truth.  Then in the midst of all this Jeremy tweets about a great thing that will happen tomorrow!

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Multi-Platform Official Release Server Discussion Mega-Thread

Archived