Multi-Platform Official Release Server Discussion Mega-Thread

SHAYATHEGREAT

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's face it - they were completely unprepared for today.  Even things as small as ensuring splash screens were missed. (No, GP you're wrong, it's not petty it's MORE evidence of gross incompetence after TWO YEARS of beta testing that were wasted cramming useless content into the game that the vast majority of players will never attempt and may never even see).

In true Wildcard style, they've ba**zed up again. :(

1.  The players that have bought the game, spent the last 2 years beta testing, putting up with the bugs, the cra**y graphic glitches, the server crashes, the lack of support, are now being shaf*** by being told: "sorry pal no ticket support for you from now on".  Great PA guys, you sure know how to treat your most loyal customers. :/

2.  Release day:  .........................

That's right, nothing.  Players have taken days off from work today and you can't even get this right.  Didn't you suspect that everyone would try to get on at the same time?  Didn't it cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, this probably would overload the servers?  Hmmmmm how might this have been avoided?  A staged restart maybe - starting way earlier than the advertised time? Seeing as we were supposed to get Ragnarok weeks ago and that fell through, I shouldn't really be surprised.  C'mon guys, get your act together - THIS GAME IS NOW OFFICIAL!!  -_-

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Undeadfox said:

What about all the dead baby Dinos, because they haven't been fed?  Are you going to compensate these players Wildcard?  Afterall the game is OFFICIAL now.

If there are baby dinos they are on legacy servers and there is now no support provided to legacy servers. So no compensation.

I know it says that servers are going to be rolled out over 24 hours, but they seriously need more servers rolled out faster. There are hundreds of people who aren't able to play b/c the servers that ARE available are completely full and have been since they came up. The 24 hour roll out, I presume is to stagger the times and let those who aren't able to play till later have a chance to start when the servers come up, but if more servers don't come online faster it just means those people aren't going to get to play at all either b/c the servers will already/still be full when they are able to log in.

Amusingly, I started on a normal official PVP island server to level up with explorer notes so I'd have the levels to craft stuff for the tribe, got to like 50, decided that was good enough, then transferred to a center server. It just said NA PVP official the center in the title, and it let me transfer to it. I died to respawn elsewhere, and was delighted to discover that my character had been deleted. I hit escape, and what do you know? It's an unlabeled hardcore server that's open to transfers from official PVP. Rip my time

22 minutes ago, Jonais said:

A little under server demand is ok and a good thing, but this is WAY too far under demand. If this doesn't get fixed soon people are going to start rioting and requesting refunds, and I can't say they won't be justified. I'm not trying to flame, I like the game, but I do want to be able to PLAY the game...

And they would get a refund as well, as a game comes out of EA if it not as expected you can and will get a refund.

2 minutes ago, Joanna said:

And they would get a refund as well, as a game comes out of EA if it not as expected you can and will get a refund.

I don´t know how you could think that. For EA games that release there is no second chance to refund the game. 

Normal Steam policies apply.

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Multi-Platform Official Release Server Discussion Mega-Thread

Archived