So no phoenix?

DiscardedDerpy

So the phoenix is coming later this week? you guys hyped it up for the 29th and now its apparently not coming till later this week... meanwhile servers are likely to be down for up to 24 hours from what jen said... we getting another event then to make up for all the babies that might have just died? @Jat @Jen

16 minutes ago, GP said:

Babies won't have died. When servers are "down" time stops. Time won't resume until the servers are back up. They will be up in the next few hours i'm sure, it won't be 24 hours.

My only issue with this is that they will die unless I stay glued to my computer all day, waiting for the servers to come back up so I can check on them. Otherwise, I go out for a few hours or so, come back to find they came up five minutes after I left. At best, imprints are screwed. At worst...I won't have to worry about them anyways because the babies are dead. 

25 minutes ago, spangled said:

My only issue with this is that they will die unless I stay glued to my computer all day, waiting for the servers to come back up so I can check on them. Otherwise, I go out for a few hours or so, come back to find they came up five minutes after I left. At best, imprints are screwed. At worst...I won't have to worry about them anyways because the babies are dead. 

tribemates in different time zones. ark isnt built for soloers.

5 minutes ago, Zed38 said:

It also isn't built exclusively for mega tribes with players from every corner of the globe. However we did know they were going to be down a good while, i certainly wouldn't have started breeding anything prior to launch, we all know how WC are with deadlines.

Does anyone know if obelisk timers are also frozen while they're down? Imagine a fair few players will be mid-transfer as they try to avoid the last minute wipe. 

33 minutes ago, Zed38 said:

I've played this entire time solo. Well...except the 4 months I tried and the people royally screwed me over and I lost enough work that I refuse to do it again. Plus those tribe mates were in the same zone as me and had a fraction of the time I do. The only time I have ever had an issue was when it had nothing to do with the game itself, but missed deadlines and rollbacks. Don't plan on changing that. Stubborn? Probably. However I enjoy the struggle of soloing. It should be rewarding to be able to do so, not a punishment by things outside of the harsh in game environment. 

26 minutes ago, Hammond said:

It also isn't built exclusively for mega tribes with players from every corner of the globe. However we did know they were going to be down a good while, i certainly wouldn't have started breeding anything prior to launch, we all know how WC are with deadlines.

Does anyone know if obelisk timers are also frozen while they're down? Imagine a fair few players will be mid-transfer as they try to avoid the last minute wipe. 

I'm trying not to be heavily sarcastic but what was I supposed to do when they announce a 3x breeding weekend? I guess I could have ignored it but I put faith in them keeping their long awaited launch date. Yes some of my babies grew up during the weekend but things that require 1-2 weeks to mature were bred simply to cut down on that. Though I did notice they cut the weekend short by a few hours compared to their usual.  

But for your second question, I don't know. Just hope for everyones sake that is in that situation it isn't deleted via time out or deletion like in a rollback. Fingers crossed for y'all.

People really cant read. Its in the announcements that it will be later this week.

"It won't be long before we add two new members to our ever growing family of critters (with the Otter joining us today on PC, with the Phoenix and additional Tek Gear coming later this week!), as well as items, additional gameplay elements and more. ARK has only just scratched the surface, and there is a long future ahead, survivors everywhere will get to experience something out of this world."

14 minutes ago, spangled said:

I've played this entire time solo. Well...except the 4 months I tried and the people royally screwed me over and I lost enough work that I refuse to do it again. Plus those tribe mates were in the same zone as me and had a fraction of the time I do. The only time I have ever had an issue was when it had nothing to do with the game itself, but missed deadlines and rollbacks. Don't plan on changing that. Stubborn? Probably. However I enjoy the struggle of soloing. It should be rewarding to be able to do so, not a punishment by things outside of the harsh in game environment. 

I'm trying not to be heavily sarcastic but what was I supposed to do when they announce a 3x breeding weekend? I guess I could have ignored it but I put faith in them keeping their long awaited launch date. Yes some of my babies grew up during the weekend but things that require 1-2 weeks to mature were bred simply to cut down on that. Though I did notice they cut the weekend short by a few hours compared to their usual.  

But for your second question, I don't know. Just hope for everyones sake that is in that situation it isn't deleted via time out or deletion like in a rollback. Fingers crossed for y'all.

Here's your problem

Archived