Xbox private server rental question

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, RAGASAM said:

Hi all, i have one question, i want to rent a server, im playing in xbox one, but nitrado doesnt have xbox one server yet, exists another people who give this service, thanks

Xbox nitrado servers will be coming in September sometime. Announcements will be made when it gets closer and a release date is announced for them. 

While I have you here, I have some Xbox news to share as well!

Originally our plan was to go out with Play Anywhere on our launch day but unfortunately that has now been pushed back until mid-September. However I do have some exciting news to share: with the use of Xbox and Windows 10 PC Crossplay (UWP) you can host your own server without needing an extra copy of the game or a second console to do it! (Though it is important to note that you will still be able to host a Player Dedicated server this way.) If you own ARK on Xbox, you get the Windows 10 PC version as well as the Xbox One X version for free and you can play with all your Xbox friends from your PC or either console. 

In addition, we'll be introducing rentable servers for our Xbox Survivors at that time! We'll be sure to let you all know when these additions are ready to go out to Xbox users.

Our release date is rapidly approaching and we're very excited for what is about to come. We hope you are too!

All the best,

Studio Wildcard

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was looking forward to jumping back into Ark when I can use my PC as the host for the server. Guess I'll just be playing something else still. I understand that they had weather issues, but this is something they have been teasing for over a year. It's just getting old and I'm not sure how much I care anymore.

I'm sure there's a lot of things going on with it for the windows store and they don't want it to be a bad launch cause a lot of games on the windows store run like poo so lets hope this wont be the case with ark just hope for an update on it sometime soon...

*Sry didn't mean to hijack your thread lets hope the rentable servers come in October...

As an Xbox player I feel shafted big time at the fact we have been their testers way before PS an were still waiting its just straight up BS..... On a side note I jumped back to official for some messing about an OMG the lag is shocking, way worse then when it first launched wdf is goin on with ark right now BTW I got 240down 30up in a dmz it's not me lol

Still shouldn't gotta drop another 500 quid on a new console to play ark a bit better lol this is my most favourite game of all time but even doh I'm almost an ark fan boy even I'm starting to not even care anymore I really hope they.... In fact scrap that I'm done hoping WC get it together guys hire some new people or do something cause your destroying your own game/Rep with ark at this stage

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, GunnR13 said:

@Captnmorgan so its past mid September and still no widows 10 play anywhere?

Actually last tweet i saw was a day or 2 ago. It is coming in oct now. Sorry for the delay. They think it might be first part of the month. 

https://twitter.com/arkjeremy/status/912448024818929664

• Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, GunnR13 said:

@Captnmorgan i got another question i own Ark and all the expansions on pc (steam) and just the base game on console (xbox). how will that translate when it becomes play anywhere?

Steam version isnt part of the play anywhere. 

We were also excited to unveil that this November, ARK will be a Launch Title on the Xbox One X! We are currently aiming to have the game performing on the EPIC Settings at 60 FPS, with every graphical effect including TrueSky. With this, we’re also excited to reveal that the game will be ready on Xbox Play Anywhere, so Xbox Owners will be able to play ARK on whichever platform they own, be it a Windows 10 PC, Xbox One, or the Xbox One X. This will also allow us to introduce crossplay between the 3 platforms! Keep in mind that this is a retroactive crossbuy, so if you already own ARK on the Xbox One, you automatically get it on the Xbox One X and the Windows 10 store, and will remain crossbuy going forward too! Plus as we announced yesterday, the Xbox versions and Windows 10 store version can all play together on the same servers using crossplay! So get ready to partner up with your tribemates on whichever Microsoft platform you want to survive on :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DJRone89
10 hours ago, joebyron said:

Nitrados servers have a place for mods, so who knows. And this is Microsoft being typical Microsoft. They wonder why the Xbox lags behind the Playstation... THIS IS WHY

But PS4 has just as many (or little) mods as Xbox so your argument is invalid.

Archived