Upload Cooldown

Zed38

when i first tried it - i had items on me that i had for over 2 hours as i was doing a crate run on SE.  Canteens, Food, armor, etc.... I went to transfer - it gave me the message so i thought it was just those items that used to pop up - the horns, yuty stomach, etc.... so i ignored it and transferred.  When i got there everything i had in inventory disappeared but my armor was till on.    I transferred back within 40 minutes and it stripped my armor.  So it seems for that I guess i wasn't on the server long enough for the timer on the armor so it stripped it.

Now what happens if i have say a ton of mats on my quetz (metal, walls, etc as i farm on SE).  That means it's gonna take FOREVER to transfer say a vault of ingots.  I can only carry 2 stacks at a time.  But  those ingots have been on the server for i don't know how long so it seem i should be able to take my quetz loaded to the obi - and unload it in the ARK DATA and transfer.  

THAT is my main question.   I guess i will have to test it with an ingot or wall and see.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

You literally have to take your saddle off your dino then wait 30mins with it in your inventory before you can transfer with the saddle!!!!! 

This is what frustrated me the most last night! take dino to drop/obi, ready to upload, take saddle off, suddenly I've got to wait 30 min to upload that saddle!?!?!

Sadly WC still hasn't learned how to resolve issues without simply adding more time to the equation.  They literally say well lets add another timer, lets make it take more time. Imprinting has long been an example of an interesting concept that could have been realized in many different unique and entertaining ways, many of which were suggested in these forums....what does WC do?!?! make u sit there and wait. Their kneejerk reaction to every issue is to add another timer As if everything in ARK didn't already take enough time. 

And its not like you could plan ahead,  Place a storage container near the obi/drop, fill it up with the items u will need and then jump when needed, that's out of the question because the moment you take it out of the box you have to wait 14min (I think that's what popped up last night).  So ill spend more time in game standing in one place, waiting to actually play the game while I watch another Netflix episode and slowly lose interest in ARK. 

I feel the worst for big traders. somebody who wants to trade any large amount of anything will have to spend hours just trying to transfer anything(ie. somebody who wants a rex and has to pay 4k ing). Obi's supposedly have an "infinite weight" zone so you can pull everything into your inventory, wait for 15 min, then upload.........but drops do not have this "zone" (if it is even a thang, I heard it once during a trade and never confirmed).  Otherwise your option is to set up storage near the obi on both the sending and receiving server, take an entire day to transfer everything over, store it on that server and then when you and buyer/seller can finally coordinate meeting up you can then go grab from storage.

In the end, Short sighted design choices like this (along with a few other WC issues, which we wont discuss here to stay on topic) are some of the main reasons that legacy players will continue to become less and less interested (and new players will catch on quick). We've all been rooting for this company for sometime and we're all obviously interested in the game and the fantastic opportunities for awesomeness it presents, but the more times I spend standing in one place, waiting, twiddling my thumbs due to upload timers, or imprint timers, or lag/rubberbanding, or whatever new timer they decide to add next week, the more I lose interest.   

A lot of the issues thus far could/have been explained/forgiven/excused due to the "early access" excuse that everyone is so quick to throw out, but now that time is up, and we will see if WC has actually learned from their mistakes......thus far between this and the "release" day.....they ain't doing so well.  

what i just did: put everything in tribute first

then drop it 1 at a time from tribute by using "o"

pick it up one at a time

drop the next, repeat

all the items (maximum 50 items) will be in your inventory, and will have the same timer

then you can upload lets say 50 stacks metal ingots once timer ran out

(obi makes you "weightless" so that enables you to pick everything up, even if your maximum weight is reached)

I totally agree LordWolf.  This is gonna hurt the breeders real bad.... Myself as well - i'm not a breeder - i'm a builder - i'll trade walls and such for dino's.  I have thousands of mats on my SE server to transfer to ragnarok and you know you can't just stand near the obi on SE with the damn gators and raptors running around it.  Now if could park a quetz there and that would be considered part of the timer then yeah that wouldn't be too bad.  I could park an ele or giga there to prevent it getting killed.  Now I don't know what i'm gonna do.  Farming mats on Ragnarok is royal pain in the ass.  It's too scattered. 

Proposed solution:  be able to load into ARK DATA and there should be the timer IN the obi - that way we could transfer our big items and just do something else for 40 minutes till the timer is up.

4 minutes ago, Ripper151 said:

So your saying raptor - i can bring a quetz loaded to the obi - take 1 out of my stacks of stuff and load it in TRIBUTE - not ark data and that will be the timer of the stacks i need to transfer.... But - if it's in tribute - anyone can pull it out.....

No, he is saying to put all the things in the obi in order tu press O from the obi an retake the objects in the inventory, effectively gaining (cause you take all of them, 50 stacks) the same timer (1 minute or 2 max from first catch to last picked up). Once the timer gets right in your inventory then you hit transfer all and upload them.

so it will be:

1) put all the things in the obi

2)drop the things from the obi to the ground and pick them (this made all items to have the same timer)

3) wait for the timer

4) put all of them in the obi and now put in ARK Data (transfer it)

Regards.

12 minutes ago, Ripper151 said:

So your saying raptor - i can bring a quetz loaded to the obi - take 1 out of my stacks of stuff and load it in TRIBUTE - not ark data and that will be the timer of the stacks i need to transfer.... But - if it's in tribute - anyone can pull it out.....

load a quetzal with metal ingot, fly to obelisk

put all the metal ingot in the tribute section first. this will give all items in tribute the same timer (so you don't have to wait 20-30 minutes each time you take ingots from your quetzal)

once all items are in the tribute, pres "o" to drop them, do it 1 by 1 so you don't miss any

after you hit "o" close obi, turn around and pick the dropped item up

do that for all the itrms in the tribute section

all the items, with the same timer, will now be in your inventory

wait the timer out, and you can upload all the stacks you brought, without havinf to wait 20 minutes per x amount of stacks you took from quetzal, to upload on the old method

it's annoying, but it works and is currently the fastest way to do big transfers

2 minutes ago, Ripper151 said:

Got it - Thanks Raptor

What about dino transfers?

as far as i'm aware dino transfers were not altered. i can upload any of my dinos just fine

and there has allways been a cooldown after you download a dino, to prevent people from transfer spamming it all accross the map

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, just wanted to know if this issue is still ongoing and what you think about it.

Is there another work in progress?

to wait nealy 35 min ea time you want to transfer items sucks, feels like a rushed and not really thought through thing.

What could be a better solution to the timer?

What was the reason to implement such a time consuming thing?

regards

@Jatheish@Jen

a bit better solution would be changing it so you can put items to obelisk at any time but they stay there for duration of world save (35 min timer) and will be uploaded to the "cloud" only after that. this will mean you cant get your items back on any server until the timer runs out but also you don't have to run (heh, sure, running with 10000 metal ingots in inventory) around having all the items with you for 30+ min

but that's just a BIT better solution, easy fix. much better would be to get rid of the timers at all since people still can duplicate as I see on forums (I personally had never seen anyone doing that on my server)

8 hours ago, MIracolix87 said:

Hey guys, just wanted to know if this issue is still ongoing and what you think about it.

Is there another work in progress?

to wait nealy 35 min ea time you want to transfer items sucks, feels like a rushed and not really thought through thing.

What could be a better solution to the timer?

What was the reason to implement such a time consuming thing?

regards

@Jatheish@Jen

Hey.
WC made it difficult to transfer items to other servers just because the guys already took base ready and lotam other servers. to get more fair if you really want the item you should wait the 35 min.
For the trade was bad transfer.

8 hours ago, guizinmoraes said:

Hey.
WC made it difficult to transfer items to other servers just because the guys already took base ready and lotam other servers. to get more fair if you really want the item you should wait the 35 min.
For the trade was bad transfer.

Butt when u make an error and put the item only in the obelisk and gett it back to  jour inventorie, it will reset the whole items of the same kind. And thats not ok.

Don’t bother with perishables or bringing a dino to carry more stuff to the obelisk. Once one of your perishables rots, the whole stacks timer resets. And you should only bring with you what you can carry plus your dinos saddle. Once you upload everything on you, the timer will reset when you take more items off your dino.

Archived