Day One! Launch & More!

Jatheish

I await to see the difference between early axcess and full release.  I'be seen the end through solo cheats today because once again only in single player you have to unlock not just Gama but beta ascention if you want to play ragnarock on xbox.  But I can play it no problem on PC even for prim plus.  Wild card you are doing the strangest things when you say the community is by your side.  Who exactlyhave you been talking to?

Just now, Wahkaman said:

And here I was thinking "oh, nobody will want to play on the new, fresh, servers.  Everybody will just stay on legacy and I can have a low population server where everyone starts on equal terms."  From the sounds of it, everybody will be on the new servers now.

well there are virtually no legacy servers left.... also only ones who would want to stay there are the goddamn alphas and megatribes who have the "power"

4 minutes ago, dkr724 said:

well there are virtually no legacy servers left.... also only ones who would want to stay there are the goddamn alphas and megatribes who have the "power"

Sounds to me like somebody got wiped ...alot... hate to tell you a new server isnt going to make you a better player you will continue to get wiped and cry about alpha tribes nothing gonna change that

4 minutes ago, dkr724 said:

Actually, I've been seeing A LOT of the larger tribes leaving Legacy to start over on new servers. On both servers I play on, there's a lot of tamed dinos left to fend for themselves out in the wild while their timers count down because they've been "set free" and the bases have been completely abandoned so all the loot that hasn't already been given away will be up for grabs when the timers run out.

On one hand, I'm seriously annoyed that I can't play tonight with my friends. I wanted an otter so badly. I wanted to check out the new map. I don't mind starting over. I've recently had to do it on my Center and Scorched servers because I stopped playing the game for several months and everything I had was looted or trashed the instant the timers were up.

On the other, I'm so amused that people actually thought that this 8 hour times frame was a solid thing. Those of us who've been playing this "unofficial release" should really know better than to think WC has their stuff together enough to have a smooth launch day. And we also should know better than to think they'd actually keep us in the loop with any problems and delays. It's WildCard, guys. We know how unreliable they are by now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DrewDaAhole said:

Sounds to me like somebody got wiped ...alot... hate to tell you a new server isnt going to make you a better player you will continue to get wiped and cry about alpha tribes nothing gonna change that

Skill has almost nothing to do with being an Alpha.  Having people, and time to play (a lot of time to play) is really the only factor.  Me and a friend were Betas on a server for 6 months but could never take the Alpha slot because of the sheer amount of hours the Alpha tribe could put into the game.

1 minute ago, Wahkaman said:

Skill has almost nothing to do with being an Alpha.  Having people, and time to play (a lot of time to play) is really the only factor.  Me and a friend were Betas on a server for 6 months but could never take the Alpha slot because of the sheer amount of hours the Alpha tribe could put into the game.

Here is a lesson for you kid....It is better to not say anything at all and let everyone think you're an idiot than it is to open your mouth and prove it. 

27 minutes ago, DrewDaAhole said:

yeah because joining a year after someone else who will have a tribe of 10+ people with ascendant gear, 20+ lvl 300 rexs a dozen lvl 280+ gigas, quetzals, wyverns, around 500 fully loaded turrets and a ton of other poop is a fair fight you can win with "skill". "wah you can get that stuff too" only if the alpha is ass/gone. for the record I've never been wiped while owning anything significant, I've been in an alpha tribe before, and a mega tribe as well, and let me tell ya, the balance of the game is actually pretty poop. in other games you can catch up. this one you have to be around 10x better than the alpha and very very lucky with a lot of time between your tribe. skill has 0 to do with ark. You lord over everyone else till someone with more time and more poop, or nearly as much poop while you're all offline, comes and knocks you down. ark is not a game of skill.

47 minutes ago, dkr724 said:

yeah because joining a year after someone else who will have a tribe of 10+ people with ascendant gear, 20+ lvl 300 rexs a dozen lvl 280+ gigas, quetzals, wyverns, around 500 fully loaded turrets and a ton of other poop is a fair fight you can win with "skill". "wah you can get that stuff too" only if the alpha is ass/gone. for the record I've never been wiped while owning anything significant, I've been in an alpha tribe before, and a mega tribe as well, and let me tell ya, the balance of the game is actually pretty poop. in other games you can catch up. this one you have to be around 10x better than the alpha and very very lucky with a lot of time between your tribe. skill has 0 to do with ark. You lord over everyone else till someone with more time and more poop, or nearly as much poop while you're all offline, comes and knocks you down. ark is not a game of skill.

Lol storytime over yet? None of this is true obviously you wouldnt know that though as you have never done any of these things now that youve had your story go to bed