Day One! Launch & More!

Jatheish

1 minute ago, ArianaGaming said:

FYI, these games do not have dupers to battle. These actions to stop exploits are necessary.

/Ariana

Dupers? Oh, please. We have plenty of those on ARK. And they've been getting worse. The last 2 weeks on ARK, and our server crash count and lag spikes has gone through the roof. I can bluescreen standing perfectly still inside my base staring at the floor.

In true Wildcard style, they've ba**zed up again. :(

1.  The players that have bought the game, spent the last 2 years beta testing, putting up with the bugs, the cra**y graphic glitches, the server crashes, the lack of support, are now being shaf*** by being told: "sorry pal no ticket support for you from now on".  Great PA guys, you sure know how to treat your most loyal customers. :/

2.  Release day:  .........................

That's right, nothing.  Players have taken days off from work today and you can't even get this right.  Didn't you suspect that everyone would try to get on at the same time?  Didn't it cross your mind that maybe, just maybe, this probably would overload the servers?  Hmmmmm how might this have been avoided?  A staged restart maybe - starting way earlier than the advertised time? Seeing as we were supposed to get Ragnarok weeks ago and that fell through, I shouldn't really be surprised.  C'mon guys, get your act together - THIS GAME IS NOW OFFICIAL!!  -_-

2 minutes ago, Slywolf117 said:

What i really want to know is, have you solved the issue with people pillaring the living crap out of everything to hog it all? It would be REAL nice if you did.

Pillars are annoying on the beaches, but they're great for keeping spawns in place like dinos, resources, etc. Hopefully the tribes that lay the pillars out are constantly on to answer demolish requests. Pillars are necessary at metal spawns, crystal spawns, etc, that way everybody can share the resource spawns, rather than completely eradicate very useful resource spawns.

1 minute ago, Dopamin said:

These actions to stop exploits should have ben delt with months ago, not on release Day. 

This. I'm always on Wildcards side, but this is actually quite true. It is known in programming that when you implement or change one thing, it effects another. They do not know what type of side effects this will cause on the game, and now will not before the release considering it is now officially out of EA. For all they know it may break the game like previous updates did. Of course for myself and everyone else, I hope not. But realistically speaking, how many times before has their "testing" actually fixed all of the issues that happen when they release major updates? I don't blame them for it happening because I don't know their job and admit that I am ignorant about how easy or complicated it is. But, I do blame them for not releasing it at least a few days sooner to test for possible issues. 

@incinderberries, There is NO longer any duping method on official Servers.

Period.

You play on the wrong server that is all, NA stands for north america and EU stands for European Union. So if you see something like that (rubberbanding dinos bluescreen) going on then a lot of people play on your server that have lag.

No other game provider lets people connect from across the pond.

Period.

ARK is now at 91% on my XBOX. I can not wait to take my bary and kill you. ;)

3 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Period.

You play on the wrong server that is all, NA stands for north america and EU stands for European Union. So if you see something like that (rubberbanding dinos bluescreen) going on then a lot of people play on your server that have lag.

Period.

Don't think you're gonna get to play just cause its downloaded ;) Wild Card hasn't been the best about keeping a schedule...

Edited by Kinger

11 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Period.

Period.

Yeah, I've been playing this for a while now, and I know full well what the server region abbreviations are. I also know that people do not abide to those, and tend to play in whatever server they see first in the list. My server has a lot of French and even Brazillian players.

And as for the 'no other game provider lets people connect from across the pond' ridiculousness, you need to get acquainted with some FPS and MMORPG games. Because I frequently game with people from all over the globe with those. Global gaming has been a very real thing for years now.

Period.

And it's nice to know that I'll never have to deal with your ignorance because I don't play on XBOX. So, you go have fun being naiive with your little Bary. You go have fun with that.

------

Also, there's still ways to dupe things in ARK. Sat in my chair and watched about half a dozen players do it four days ago. So, yeah.

Edited by incinderberries