PC Asian/China Servers!

Taylai

PC Asian/China Servers!

The current Isolated PC PvP Asian Servers we have on our Official Network is hosted and provided by Snail Games. They have decided that with the launch, they will be taking down their legacy PvP Servers and relaunching them as part of the new Official Network. These servers will be included in our CrossARK Cluster, and therefore will be transferable to and from as opposed to being an isolated region. 

I do not know if I understand correctly .  All server legacy  Asian will wipe and restart Zero day after  August 29th  , become new server official. Although those servers are not in the PC kill list 

who can explain me properly about the problem ? Thank you very much .

2 minutes ago, Taylai said:

I do not know if I understand correctly .  All server legacy  Asian will wipe and restart Zero day after  August 29th  , become new server official. Although those servers are not in the PC kill list 

who can explain me properly about the problem ? Thank you very much .

Correct they are joining the cluster but were not listed on the sever kill list simply because Snail Games China owned the servers not Wildcard Studio

as i understand the game progression and all the possession will be kept ie they keep their levels, dinos and bases. those servers will move out of "legacy" and keep on getting customer support. very poorly explained by WC but i hope they'll be in their own cluster. so that the rest of the world wouldn't have to worry about meeting 449lvl gigas and rexes on day one. 

Just now, TincanDan said:

All Asia servers are being wiped before becoming part of the main cluster, this is pretty clear in the post.

It's actually not. Relaunching does not mean wiping. I can shut down my computer, hook it up somewhere else, and say I relaunched it after turning it on. That's just what is clear about the release. That they're moving the isolated cluster to our cluster. The wording is actually extremely iffy.

9 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

It's actually not. Relaunching does not mean wiping. I can shut down my computer, hook it up somewhere else, and say I relaunched it after turning it on. That's just what is clear about the release. That they're moving the isolated cluster to our cluster. The wording is actually extremely iffy.

Yes, but connecting servers that haven't been wiped to the main new cluster would defy all logic, even for WC. Why do anything else they're doing, the legacy/new, the wiping, the repurposing, if they're just going to connect Asia servers still full of years worth of accumulated stuff (legitimately gained or otherwise) to the new cluster.

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

>Snail Games owns Wildcard

What?!? Your lack of reading comprehension is on another dimension.

Snail Games owns the Servers that Wild Card is renting for the isolated China region.
Just like Nitrado owns the rest of the Servers that Wild Card is renting for the rest of the regions.

They do not own Wild Card... man you're dumb.

While I disagree with him on what the original message meant, if this can be trusted Snail does in fact own WC:

https://mmos.com/news/snail-games-usa-acquired-studio-wildcard-developer-of-ark-in-december-2015

2 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

While I disagree with him on what the original message went, if this can be trusted Snail does in fact own WC:

https://mmos.com/news/snail-games-usa-acquired-studio-wildcard-developer-of-ark-in-december-2015

Snail USA did file a merger with Wild Card, but they don't directly own them in the sense of the fact that they can say what Wild Card can or can't do, Wild Card - according to the contract - still has executive control over ARK.

Just now, Orion said:

Snail USA did file a merger with Wild Card, but they don't directly own them in the sense of the fact that they can say what Wild Card can or can't do, Wild Card - according to the contract - still has executive control over ARK.

Source? I'm pretty good at the Google and this was the most info I could find - admittedly in about 5 minutes. There's nothing in the link I provided that's conclusive one way or the other, but I do hope you're correct.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

Sources should be within that.

Wild Card still maintains executive control over ARK's development and decision making. Snail USA merged with Wild Card Studios.

To trust a reddit post or not... probably just as good as a random blog and I'm not willing to dig into the court docs to try to figure this out. Anyway, thanks for the education.

so the important topic is not weather or not snailgames owns WC but rather that all the chinese megatribes from asia cluster will soon get establish and start wiping all western pvp players :D those pack-animals have always been a problem in ARK and yet they decide to further worsen it. get ready for 20-man thatchbase wipes and capped servers

btw everyone with a little bit of trust in a companies sense of making their game-launch a success will know, that those servers will be clean ones, so the chinese will also start fresh. no doubt about that one.

meanwhile i´ll enjoy pve without (lets hope so) chinese mobs.

2 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

To trust a reddit post or not... probably just as good as a random blog and I'm not willing to dig into the court docs to try to figure this out. Anyway, thanks for the education.

One of the bullets mentions Wildcard being owned by Snail Games. Although it also mentions that Wildcard has "high-level executive control over their game" so while we were right about Snail Games owning Wildcard the decision of whether or not those servers were actually wiped looks to have been made by Wildcard instead.

Either way we'll have to wait to find out if they were wiped or not.

Just now, Orion said:

The bulleted information within the reddit post as to summarize the important information in the documents.

Totally, but unless Scootareader is a lawyer without a motive (and there's no way I'm going to try to figure that out either at 330 AM), his summary may not be trustworthy. I'd never, ever take a legal summary by anyone but a good lawyer working specifically for me without a grain of salt for anything important. But as I said, I'm too lazy at the moment to actually dive into the papers and draw my own conclusions, so those of someone else are going to have to be good enough.

1 hour ago, eESTlane said:

as i understand the game progression and all the possession will be kept ie they keep their levels, dinos and bases. those servers will move out of "legacy" and keep on getting customer support.

How on earth did u interpret it this way? 

they will be taking down their legacy PvP Servers and relaunching them as part of the new Official Network.

1 hour ago, Vrallox said:

One of the bullets mentions Wildcard being owned by Snail Games. Although it also mentions that Wildcard has "high-level executive control over their game" so while we were right about Snail Games owning Wildcard the decision of whether or not those servers were actually wiped looks to have been made by Wildcard instead.

Either way we'll have to wait to find out if they were wiped or not.

Snail games USA and Snail games China are two separate entities.

1 hour ago, waterKeeper said:

How on earth did u interpret it this way? 

they will be taking down their legacy PvP Servers and relaunching them as part of the new Official Network.

When such servers are not on wipelist they probably not wiped.  Another server owner or not, its still part of Ark and should fair enough been on list if wiped.  But on the other hand this company cant surprise me anymore,  so many lies etc. 

Archived