Structures Plus status

ShadowAngel

3 hours ago, Xelanie said:

Some of the best parts of S+ will certainly be left out, including picking up structures and the handy remotes. I'm hoping they refine both systems for a hybrid baby. S+ can be a real binch sometimes.

I'm fine with pickup option. It not like there no real life examples of this.

What i don't want to see is automated things like farmers. Really hopping devs will consider all the building stuff as is. Also would like to see some kind a system/structure like resource puller. Maybe around industrial tear.

1 minute ago, ShadowAngel said:

I'm fine with pickup option. It not like there no real life examples of this.

What i don't want to see is automated things like farmers. Really hopping devs will consider all the building stuff as is. Also would like to see some kind a system/structure like resource puller. Maybe around industrial tear.

I'm sure that if they allow resource pulling it will involve some sort of Tek and require shards per pull.

Just now, Xelanie said:

I'm sure that if they allow resource pulling it will involve some sort of Tek and require shards per pull.

I can understand your logic behind this. But...

That would be worst decision they could make. Tek items are for 1% of server population, since most ppl don't have time to breed rexes needed to farm bosses. Work/life/ etc.

Resource pulling makes game more enjoyable and since its a QoL change - it should be available for all players when they start farming metal in bulk, without power leveling this happens around 70-80 lvls.   

2 minutes ago, ShadowAngel said:

I can understand your logic behind this. But...

That would be worst decision they could make. Tek items are for 1% of server population, since most ppl don't have time to breed rexes needed to farm bosses. Work/life/ etc.

Resource pulling makes game more enjoyable and since its a QoL change - it should be available for all players when they start farming metal in bulk, without power leveling this happens around 70-80 lvls.   

I definitely agree, unfortunately Wildcard wants to milk Tek as much as they can. It's become the focus of their selling points.

9 minutes ago, Xelanie said:

I definitely agree, unfortunately Wildcard wants to milk Tek as much as they can. It's become the focus of their selling points.

Yeah. I get that feeling too. Its like there is some 18 y.o. PR student that dosen't know anything about game design, as game director.

But we got off topic. I don't want this thread to go to Off-Topic forum.

25 minutes ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

Honestly I hope they integrate it all but lock parts of it to be open as options in dedicated servers

Well its already this way. You can install it as mod, and have full control of what to add in to your game.

Only reason i want it on official so i can play with it in cluster with other players from other servers.

• 6 months later...
Guest DJRone89
10 minutes ago, Demerus said:

probably after they do the kibble rework and definitely before dynamic length bridges.

A little further out...

• 3 weeks later...

time will only tell. I often wonder why tried and true mods like s plus and zoology (or at least the foodchains and wild babies of that mod and mods like it) don't get adopted officially.

Who knows why they decide to keep some things and leave others alone. They obviously took great inspiration for their new raptors from a mod involving similar creatures (...)

I only hope that they look further at mods and realize that the reason they are popular is because thats where their game should be heading - and that while continuing their dlc roadmap/business obligation is important from a financial perspective - people play ark for the initial gameplay promise - a dino survival game-  and that there are still some rather glaring holes like the laughable ecosystem and unfinished creatures that look like they are from a playstation 2 game....(QUETZ).

Archived