Can I get some Solo Breeding/raising tips

TheUglyPrince

I am looking for some tips/information for solo breeding and raising... I don't sleep much, rarely manage 3 hours so I guess that's a good start.

Is there a best method for gaining certain stats like health or melee?

Are there any negatives from inbreeding?

How do mutations work and more importantly how do I get them?

Is it important to imprint dinos to 100% and will it make the next generation better if the parents are imprinted 100%?

:EDIT: I plan to raise on official servers.

In order to get the best stats you have to tame multiples of the same dino who have rolled high levels into certain stats and then breed them together untill you have all the high stats on a male and a female. Then you can garuntee those stats and the off charts lvl that comes with it. Therefore find X dino with high melee and X dino with high health and breed them untill both stats are on a male and female baby.

As for inbreeding, the only setback Ive noticed is with mutations. Regardless of whether or not the offspring receives the mutation or not, every time you inbreed it the mutation stacks. So you get dinos with like 1000/20 mutations and honestly its useless mutation wise. Then you need to tame a fresh dino with 0/20 mutations to get the ball rolling again. This is what Ive gathered, and honestly the mutation questions you've asked are the ones that im not 100% certain on. Its rather confusing.

Mutations are random. Theres a very low chance they'll happen, something like 2% but dont quote me on it lol. Im told color mutations always accompany stat mutations and vice versa and im also told this is not the case lol. But stat mutations add 2 lvls to the stat they mutate. So say you tame a rex and it rolls 40 lvls into health and its offspring comes born with a health mutation, that dino would now have 42 lvls in health and it would show a mutation happended on the mutation counter. Beware, that mutated dino may not pass the mutation to its offspring, but it still passes the number out of 20 anyway. 

Lastly, imprinting has nothing to do with breeding stats, only the stats a dino wakes up with after taming, or is born, matter. Me personally, i only imprint dinos im going to use. If im just trying to breed stats together I dont bother.

I play solo on officials as well. Other tips I would give are ...

-make a lot of fridges and farm ahead of time. I regularly hand feed and raise dinos solo, and with my 30 plus fridges I have no problem raising 10 to 15 rexs at the same time.

-cook your meat. I hand feed with raw and when I have to leave juvies on the troughs I leave 2 or 3 troughs full of raw meat and the rest cooked meat. Cooked meat may only give half the food value, but it last twice as long and stacks to 30. Also people use jerky or dodo kibble in the dinos inventory as a final precaution 

-do alot of dinos at once and just get the handfeed out the way at one time. Yeah, its alot to do, but if your properly prepared, its the best way to go.

I work full time and still manage to raise dinos atleast every two weeks with no problem. Most Ive done solo, on the standard rates, was about 12 rexes, 3 dimetrodons, 5 theris, 3-5 beavers, a few argies, and a few pteranadons. Honestly the handfeeding part of the 5 theris was the hardest part. Btw that was without floating and the dinos ate more at that time, although stasis isnt a thing anymore either, so its even out for the most part imo.

All Dinos eat all Kibble .. Use Dodo Kibble its cheap and give around 70 Food. Also you can calulate how long you food last use tools like http://ark.crumplecorn.com/breeding/ this ! 

Also https://github.com/cadon/ARKStatsExtractor/releases/tag/v0.23.15 this tool is really helpful for Breeding!

You can read out the stats of the Dinos with it and calculate what % chances of best stats you have!

21 minutes ago, Yster said:

so all dinos will eat kibble even the wrong kibble?

cause I have the issue where I always fear my babies will die when I leave them overnight.. and I normally make loads of jerky.. hoping they will last till I get to them the next morning'

Yes they will eat any kibble. Its only taming where the certain type matters.

Also..

Do you use cooked meat or just raw. Spoil times on raw are too terrible to be used alone.

I use both.. I normally start by filling all the trofs and the babies with rawmeat and preserving salts.. then when I log off I add as much cooked meat I have and some babies I also add jerky with preserving salts... That's kinda works.. but I have kibble aswell. and I know they last sooooo much longer.

breeding Rex's, imprinting they ask for random kibble.. from now I'll just place the rest in the babies

Jerky might be easier to make.. but kibble is faster if you already have loads of eggs.. and sometimes I have eggs for dino's, I don't really need to make into kibble. Now I can use those.

4 hours ago, TheUglyPrince said:

I am looking for some tips/information for solo breeding and raising... I don't sleep much, rarely manage 3 hours so I guess that's a good start.

Is there a best method for gaining certain stats like health or melee? Just keep breeding and taming - nothing you can do to improve your chances

Are there any negatives from inbreeding? no (unless you are inbreeding mutated ones then there is the negative effect of mutation-point stacking)

How do mutations work and more importantly how do I get them? Keep on breeding - as long as the parent has less than 20 mutation points you have a 2,5% chance to get a mutation

Is it important to imprint dinos to 100% and will it make the next generation better if the parents are imprinted 100%? Imprinting does nothing for the next generation same as tamed-level-ups. Only wild-levels + bonus levels from taming efficiency affect the offspring

:EDIT: I plan to raise on official servers.

Have a look at this for more details:

Archived