How many people is too many people in a tribe

Daddii

I personally this more than 10 people in a tribe and 35 max in an alliance

I have seen tribes with 70players some claiming they have more than 70, making them not only very OP in the game. but building and have taming Dinos for 70 players size tribes, causes lag on the server that's unwanted.

Having 400+ tames on a server just causes unwanted performance issues.

For me, I don't want to cooperate with a bunch of strangers to get a list of tasks done, that's what a job is, and i already have one that takes way more of my time than I'm comfortable with. I want to play ark, to play, with just a few friends, like 10 tops, I miss those days in pvp, when that was reasonable.

I hate these huge tribes. Joining one isn't a solution either. It's a hive mentality where the only important thing is the health of the tribe and individuality is lost. You're just an expendable drone/worker as well as all your stuff.

I agree with what most people have said.  Once your tribe passes the 15-20 member mark you just start looking like someone crutching on others for success IMO.  Like when you watch these "mega raid" videos on youtube and they have like 50 people or something and they are raiding like 5 guys. It's just like "wow,  good job."

The game allows for tribes to do this so if that's what people want to do then all good.  Might be a bit of an oversight to let an entire server be a single tribe though lol.

Im not going to talk what "should be".... rather I will answer the question the OP poses.

On officials, there WILL BE tribes with more than 70 people. Take a group like EE, they have hundreds. and they will control multiple servers. yet they are all part of the same tribe (this is indisputable when they invade and raid your server haha)

one thing to remember is that not all members will be online at the same time. This is where those that are advocating 10ish man tribes fail.  The group I am in will have a server capped tribe at release. That does not mean all 70 will be online at the same time. we have a night crew as it were.

But we will also have more tribe members who control a satellite server(s).

Archived