Day Zero: Server Information

Jatheish

27 minutes ago, jdizzy2010 said:

your console doesn't download in sleep mode?  I know my ps4 does.

Console DOES download in sleep mode, but the thing of putting it in sleep mode can make it so the "download triggering" will activate at a later time. the best option is always to be on your PS4 and press "start", "check for updates" to make it work faster. then you can put it in sleep mode.

8 minutes ago, Fingle said:

Really .... data allowance? Maybe you should just nip out and buy it on a errr ... I guess tape? ;) JK Harsh if you do have an allowance. I guess the stone age Ark feel fits though ;) 

I don't even understand what your trying to say here... He obviously is talking about a data cap through is isp? 

52 minutes ago, Durch said:

The very first sentence of this thread (emphasis added): "The Day One patch will be set live across all platforms at approximately 8-9AM EST and should show up on all consoles within the hour."

It is 8:15AM, well within their 8-9 window. If they're not up by 9AM, I'll be back with a dictionary definition of "approximately" for you confused children/whiners. The mayhem will begin shortly, don't fret. 

ok so look it up because i'd like to know if they don't launch till say 8 pm is that still approximately?  how long is approximately that's not a real measure of time.  people have a right to complain/ whine when they where told a time and it's not up at that time.  if you went to a car wash and they said your car will be ready in approximately an hour how long past that hour are you going to wait before you complain?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, phatbasher said:

ok so look it up because i'd like to know if they don't launch till say 8 pm is that still approximately?  how long is approximately that's not a real measure of time.  people have a right to complain/ whine when they where told a time and it's not up at that time.  if you went to a car wash and they said your car will be ready in approximately an hour how long past that hour are you going to wait before you complain?

Its true to what you are saying. But unfortunately the reason they put "APPROXIMATELY" in caps and bold style is because they weren't sure it would be around that time. so APPROXIMATELY... take it as a grain of salt. Gaming Industry and Carwash are 2 complete different things, in a gaming Industry you can delay things. In a carwash you can't. I'm not even defending Ark here.. I'm just saying ;)

Edited by EternalUniverse

2 minutes ago, phatbasher said:

You have not played games for very long have you? Comparing them to a carwash is like comparing the Sistine chapel to newspaper sketch.

3 minutes ago, EternalUniverse said:

Its true to what you are saying. But unfortunately the reason they put "APPROXIMATELY" in caps and bold style is because they weren't sure it would be around that time. so APPROXIMATELY... take it as a grain of salt. Gaming Industry and Car wash are 2 complete different things, in a gaming Industry you can delay things. In a car wash you can't. I'm not even defending Ark here.. I'm just saying ;)

um that's not true i played world of warcraft for atleast 9 years and they gave times not approximately times..

1 minute ago, phatbasher said:

um that's not true i played world of warcraft for atleast 9 years and they gave times not approximately times..

You need to understand that that's how WC are doing it... not the WoW devs. But yeah.. WC timings always were off and whatever they promised they never did in the end. I don't really know what to say here..

Just now, EternalUniverse said:

You need to understand that that's how WC are doing it... not the WoW devs. But yeah.. WC timings always were off and whatever they promised they never did in the end. I don't really know what to say here..

yeah i know but if you want to run with the big dogs you need to act like a big dog you want to be better then a big dog then take what they do and do it better not more lax but i'll play ark i love ark but i think until they grow more ark is going to be the only wildcard game

1 minute ago, phatbasher said:

yeah i know but if you want to run with the big dogs you need to act like a big dog you want to be better then a big dog then take what they do and do it better not more lax but i'll play ark i love ark but i think until they grow more ark is going to be the only wildcard game

I'm not sure about that, apparently there is a game very similar to Ark's game that some of the Ark devs were working on. It looks..... I'd better keep it for myself before I get hated. lol. But yes... they were very lax the past few years indeed.  

1 minute ago, EternalUniverse said:

I'm not sure about that, apparently there is a game very similar to Ark's game that some of the Ark devs were working on. It looks..... I'd better keep it for myself before I get hated. lol. But yes... they were very lax the past few years indeed.  

i'm thinking i know the game you're talking about and it looks good but not for me

3 minutes ago, Thexone said:

Come on guys you have to be kinda laughing at this point right?  If you think WC does anything "on time" then you have a limitless amount of faith and my kudos to you.  

I would have liked to hop on before work but whatever I'll play when I get home....if the network is back up by then. 

The voice of reason at last, really if we cant keep ourselves occupied for a few hours then it all becomes a little sad.

In ref to earlier comments about Blizzard ... well .... they keep fans guessing for years!!

38 minutes ago, phatbasher said:

Of course you and others have "a right" to complain, and we have a right to call you whiners for it. No one is shutting down your free speech, just laughing at you for it. As others have pointed out, WC offers times as their stated goal, then always comes up short. It's just how they roll, and none of us are entitled to anything more. We can stop playing at any time if we get too offended by it. 

11 hours ago, TheGokuTurtle said:

I'm on Xbox someone said we might not be able to transfer from a legacy server to ragnarok ex. My character and or dinos is this true?

Legacy will not be able to transfer o the servers, but u can sill transfer to legacy servers. if u want to play on the new servers u will have to start over