Nitrado Setting to make Tek a non boss unlock?

Sonoske

Does anyone know if this is possible to do? I know you can set all the Engrams Level and Cost but what about Tek Engrams? Could i make them all unlock at 100 and require them to cost points? I want people to play on Ragnarok with Tek.

I also have plans to host an island server as well but i would like Engrams to have no boss requirement.

• 3 months later...
Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

This sounds interesting I too would like to know. Bump.

It’s possible as of a recent PC update (v273.62) but not yet available for console players hosting PC unofficials until we catch up. The game.ini required is: 

EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="<index>",LevelToAutoUnlock=<value>)

For example: EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekReplicator_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=100)

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

It’s possible as of a recent PC update (v273.62) but not yet available for console players hosting PC unofficials until we catch up. The game.ini required is: 

EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="<index>",LevelToAutoUnlock=<value>)

For example: EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="EngramEntry_TekReplicator_C",LevelToAutoUnlock=100)

Oh thats more than I was expecting. Didnt think it would have been possible  Thought it may have required a mod or something. Hopefully it becomes a thing soon 

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, Sonoske said:

Does anyone know if this is possible to do? I know you can set all the Engrams Level and Cost but what about Tek Engrams? Could i make them all unlock at 100 and require them to cost points? I want people to play on Ragnarok with Tek.

I also have plans to host an island server as well but i would like Engrams to have no boss requirement.

When I look at the engine settings(I do not have expert mode enabled), go to "Engram Entries" there is a drop down list of all the engrams including Tek, any engram can be selected and you can chose the level requirement and the EP cost. I have not tested this out at all but the option is there but may not work.

Edit: It only changes where in the engram list the Tek shows up, you still cant unlock it.

Guest DJRone89
13 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

When I look at the engine settings(I do not have expert mode enabled), go to "Engram Entries" there is a drop down list of all the engrams including Tek, any engram can be selected and you can chose the level requirement and the EP cost. I have not tested this out at all but the option is there but may not work.

Edit: It only changes where in the engram list the Tek shows up, you still cant unlock it.

It’s crazy when you think about it, we host a PC unofficial but can’t use everything it has to offer until our client (console) catches up. Well not really crazy, just logical and unfortunate.

Guest DJRone89
16 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Bautounlockengrams=true will unlock everything as you level, including Tek and Scorched engrams.

Wait so by using this line I don’t need to override the engram points per level, and it just auto unlocks as I level? 

Please note I’m on Xbox so that ini file isn’t available until we catch up to PC - still that far behind :(

7 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Wait so by using this line I don’t need to override the engram points per level, and it just auto unlocks as I level? 

Please note I’m on Xbox so that ini file isn’t available until we catch up to PC - still that far behind :(

Correct. Downside is it eliminates the points system, so if you still want roles within tribes you have to do the per item stuff. For PVE, small tribe or single player this is the perfect setting however.

Guest DJRone89
12 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

It's level 100 due to the Boss fights.

Well that’s even better. This one setting once available on Xbox will literally make my server exactly as I intended it to be and cuts out so many lines. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Well that’s even better. This one setting once available on Xbox will literally make my server exactly as I intended it to be and cuts out so many lines. Thank you.

NP, I felt the same way when they released it. I even started a thread thanking the dev's for it. Awesome additions for us Peeps running private servers!

Just now, LittleRedReaper said:

So including this ini setting would not work on xbox? I posted about this same thing in the xbox forums a week or so ago and no one answered. So I am assuming this isn't a console ini setting or....? Because I want tek to unlock because we don't have access to island bosses.

Technically it will work on all platforms, but WC needs to push the applicable update through first. I don't watch the Patch notes for consoles so I have no idea if they have yet.

• 2 months later...

Archived