We finally got wiped...

Crows

So our base finally got wiped after 7 months, while we were offline, by a big duping tribe who used raft exploits/bugs (according to my allies) but we're not too fussed. We didn't play much after duping spread like wildfire across many official pvp servers, which caused us to lose interest and motivation to continue playing and grinding, especially after our own friend duped a full tek base within a day or 2 and built near us. It has been a very interesting ride... it was fun and very stressful at the same time.

I could list all of the problems with Ark official PvP but it would take me a while because there's just too many problems unfortunately. I do really respect the developers though, they have tried to improve it so much and they did with quite a lot of things, but it is tough to combat all problems, and not just bug-related either, but more like core gameplay problems. 

I didn't like the whole breeding system, it felt too slave-like. Especially imprinting... that was horrible. My first wyvern, lost so much sleep... 100% imprint and it died hours later when I disconnected while riding it over water and it flew off into a nearby hostile base.

I didn't like how there were only a few defensive structures (turrets and lousy plant X) and attackers always had the upper-hand and had more options to work with.

I didn't like the whole maintaining of Plant X fertilizer, Generator Gasoline (especially having 10+ generators for turret towers which ran out of gas after about 15 days instead of 1 month...)

I didn't like the huge advantages of Tek. Grinding it legitimately was terrible, too.

I didn't like how end-game (Tek) is focused on large tribes.

I didn't really like the flyer nerf even though I was for the flyer nerf...

I hate duping and DDoSing. 

If I was to give any new players some tips so that they don't make the same mistake as I, it would probably be a common tip; don't build big. It's really not worth it. Don't get attached to anything, because it will probably be dead the next time you log in. Don't be scared to use any tames for any situation, whether that be defending or attacking. We had 180 tames in our base that were bred for war and we never got to use them... Battle quetz, wyverns, 6+ gigas and 6 high level squids included. That is all really.... maybe we will give the new servers a try, casually... but if there's any suspicion of duping going on, we're officially out.

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

If there was one single piece of advice I could give to EVERY Ark player, it would be this.

Yezzir, as a solo player on official pvp, this is the same advice I give to others who want to try it. Dont get attached. I upload gear and supplies before i log off, and I have stashes all over the map hidden in small storage chest with a foundation built on top of them, bit aside from that I use everything I get while im still online. All mats go into structures, almost all ammo gets used, and the only dinos I keep are a ptera and a dodo set on aggresive so someone cant raid me and get away without me knowing who did it. Dodo death message lol.

7 hours ago, Crows said:

So our base finally got wiped after 7 months, while we were offline, by a big duping tribe who used raft exploits/bugs (according to my allies) but we're not too fussed. We didn't play much after duping spread like wildfire across many official pvp servers, which caused us to lose interest and motivation to continue playing and grinding, especially after our own friend duped a full tek base within a day or 2 and built near us. It has been a very interesting ride... it was fun and very stressful at the same time.

I could list all of the problems with Ark official PvP but it would take me a while because there's just too many problems unfortunately. I do really respect the developers though, they have tried to improve it so much and they did with quite a lot of things, but it is tough to combat all problems, and not just bug-related either, but more like core gameplay problems. 

I didn't like the whole breeding system, it felt too slave-like. Especially imprinting... that was horrible. My first wyvern, lost so much sleep... 100% imprint and it died hours later when I disconnected while riding it over water and it flew off into a nearby hostile base.

I didn't like how there were only a few defensive structures (turrets and lousy plant X) and attackers always had the upper-hand and had more options to work with.

I didn't like the whole maintaining of Plant X fertilizer, Generator Gasoline (especially having 10+ generators for turret towers which ran out of gas after about 15 days instead of 1 month...)

I didn't like the huge advantages of Tek. Grinding it legitimately was terrible, too.

I didn't like how end-game (Tek) is focused on large tribes.

I didn't really like the flyer nerf even though I was for the flyer nerf...

I hate duping and DDoSing. 

If I was to give any new players some tips so that they don't make the same mistake as I, it would probably be a common tip; don't build big. It's really not worth it. Don't get attached to anything, because it will probably be dead the next time you log in. Don't be scared to use any tames for any situation, whether that be defending or attacking. We had 180 tames in our base that were bred for war and we never got to use them... Battle quetz, wyverns, 6+ gigas and 6 high level squids included. That is all really.... maybe we will give the new servers a try, casually... but if there's any suspicion of duping going on, we're officially out.

This is gold

I sort of like the ORP server idea..

out of all the time I have been raided.. only once was it done when we were online.. it was a blast. and even loosing cause we didn't see the raid comeing. it was fun.. intense, 3 hour adrenaline rush..

compared to the disappointment when you get online and all your tames are dead, and structures were destroyed. I mean it's PvP and all.. I LOVE PvP.. the idea of Player vs my base when I'm not there. not so much..

Our tribe is not big.. by no means.. were all working people and were all offline at the same working office hours. and most of us.. we need some sleep aswell.

1 hour ago, Yster said:

I sort of like the ORP server idea..

out of all the time I have been raided.. only once was it done when we were online.. it was a blast. and even loosing cause we didn't see the raid comeing. it was fun.. intense, 3 hour adrenaline rush..

compared to the disappointment when you get online and all your tames are dead, and structures were destroyed. I mean it's PvP and all.. I LOVE PvP.. the idea of Player vs my base when I'm not there. not so much..

Our tribe is not big.. by no means.. were all working people and were all offline at the same working office hours. and most of us.. we need some sleep aswell.

I play on an ORP server, and there are a couple of downsides:

1.  Can't casually deconstruct trash shacks, campfires, etc when you see them.

2.  Can't leave 'noob areas' around, because ORP prevents folks from accessing and using smithies and gear boxes.

I think you can pin-code some stuff, but I guess it's kind of a pain to pin code and then leave that information somewhere obvious to a noob.  But mostly, ORP is a big positive, since it allows to us to play Ark while still having jobs and families.

that's some very valid points that could be raised to the developers.

things like the smittys should stay open.. even with raid protection. I mean.. protect them from being destroyed.. if you leave a door open, you need to pay the price..

maybe offline protection should also have a timer. say 48hours.. then you loose your protection. ( not auto destroy )  so noob areas with small thatch houses and campfires can be destroyed like any other PvP server if left unattended for more than 48hours.  once a tribe member logs in, the timers should expire immediately and a fresh timer should start once the last tribe member logs off.

when a game is explained as very stressful, you know its a bad game :D  fvi iquit like long time ago like almost  a year still got 900 hours in pvp but after 3 solid bases i had too go unofficial becus raptor me.. even there its even faster too get wiped.. its like people watches u daily all the time waiting until you made a metal base then when your our boom gone.. 

Archived