17+ minute wait to upload into the ark

So im trying to move some ingots to pay for a dino im buying -- only to go to the obi and find that i have to sit there for 17 minutes (27 minute timer on a drop? DILO?) before uploading? i see they want to prevent duping but DILO.. this timer also reset after leaving the area.. so i have to wait this time every time i go to upload ingots into the obi...huge time waste!!!!

I actually like the upload time. Makes duping very hard to do since most dupers have 20min or less after the save point to dupe into the ob. It also makes cross server trading more difficult so people can't buy their way to the end-game. People will have to work their way there and breed more on their own more so than legacy players did 

I'd just like to know how hard it is to use a database to store information for a UE based game rather than flat files. A correctly administered database prevents duping all together. It's called a UID on everything....?

Thought I'd also add this:

This won't stop duping. It just won't be as easy for them. You can transfer with items on you. You can even use the oby or drops to exceed your weight limit. So you just upload yourself with 50 stacks of full metal (1k) and transfer to another server with a bed next to a storage at an obi dump it, then transfer straight back and reboot the server like they always have....

30 minutes ago, Racidon said:

I'd just like to know how hard it is to use a database to store information for a UE based game rather than flat files. A correctly administered database prevents duping all together. It's called a UID on everything....?

Thought I'd also add this:

This won't stop duping. It just won't be as easy for them. You can transfer with items on you. You can even use the oby or drops to exceed your weight limit. So you just upload yourself with 50 stacks of full metal (1k) and transfer to another server with a bed next to a storage at an obi dump it, then transfer straight back and reboot the server like they always have....

Yep, duping on the new servers is probably going to be rampant

Archived