That God I'm not playing on Official anymore!

Melcreif

I played on XBOX Official server NA372 back around February of 2016, and left for good in March 2017.  It was alot of fun, I learned alot about the nature of people, was tricked, lied to, helped out incredibly by very cool people (couldn't leave that part out), joined an alpha tribe as a sub-alpha tribe (due to dino count which I imagine is totally nuts now with the new platform count thing), learned the hard away about the nightmares of merging tribes, LOL.  I have to say it was lots of fun, frustrating, boring, exciting, you name it!  For most of my time I was basically just a solo tribe who started with nothing, and built myself up to a modest base that nobody messed with due to it being kinda out of the way with decent defenses.  It did get wiped after I became sub-alpha which was probably because I took on the Alpha's name and suddenly became an easy target.  Then I got the chance to live in a huge base and learn how to manage it again as a solo player (not fun)...  I didn't see NA372 on the list so I'm assuming they aren't going away, but I can imagine they are going to get a boatload of folks migrating over.  We typically had around 30 people on at any given time, and as low as 10 - 15 so I'm kinda surprised it didn't make it on the list.  I'm really looking forward to starting again here in a few days on Ragnarok, but not sure if I'll play official again or not.  I've been enjoying playing on a dedicated server, but they definately have a limited life cycle as admin's get bored and tired of the issues that plague dedi's.  I'm anxious to try out the new rented servers and see if it eliminates the issues we have now with coruption, although I am disappointed we can't setup our on PC server instead of having to rent one...

Curious to hear about other folks that aren't caught up in the whole legacy thing, hear your tales of playing official, dedicated, anxious to try Rag...

Archived