Full Release is here - Does no one care?

UnluckyRose24

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of the excitement is currently getting overshadowed by massive disappointment in WC's approach and honesty. Frankly I got wiped recently enough on officials (and was planning on jumping to new) that I really don't care about the way bigger wipe than they mentioned and the lack of ongoing support. I also see the reasons why in the long run this may be better for Ark overall. Still, the sliminess of the approach really turns me off to the company as whole.

That said, no other options in the genre offer what Ark does from a game play perspective, and I absolutely LOVE Ark. Totally possible to be pumped for release while really disappointed in WC and given the nature of online forums (always going to be more rage than compliments) I think that's a lot of the negativity we see here currently.

1 hour ago, GP said:

WC have stated what's happening on release day, i.e. 12am ET all servers are shutting down and approximately 8 hours later at 8am ET the legacy and new servers will come up, and this will mark the official launch.

I'm sure there will be celebration once it's happened, but for now it is still full steam ahead for WC.

That will be 10pm for me then..and the day after I have to work :( any tips on when the new server numbers will release or what kind of number they have?(low value, high value?). That way I can prepare myself and know what kind of server number to look at (before its too late and all the good spots are taken AGAIN by bigger tribes). I'm playing PVE and it would be good to know so I can build my "dream" base on my dream spot on The Island aswell as on Scorched earth.

1 hour ago, UnluckyRose24 said:

I gotta admit, I am so incredibly hyped for the full release - I bought ARK and the DLC ages ago to support the game, and then waited patiently for the full release so I could play the game as it was meant to be played.

However, it seems like there is very little celebration going on: No giant announcement heralding the awesomeness of a full release, just a factual "server wipe reminder" and a bit of info, as if it was just another update. Even the "News" title is "Ark at gamescom! First look at upcoming content" when I was expecting a News post with big fat letters that read "RAPTOR YES, WE ARE GOING FULL RELEASE!!!"  

Also, other than the 29´th I am having a hard time even determining when exactly the game will be released. Apparently at 08am EST?  Maybe?
Even the release-trailer was more focused on a hidden countdown for the 1´st of september (When new DLC will be released? Who knows..) and nowhere on the forum or internet could I find a countdown for the full release patch: Not on ARKs twitter, not on facebook, not here, did I accidentally miss it?
Maybe I somehow overlooked the celebratory posts, but it looks like everyone is treating the 29´th release like a regular boring patch-update.
Where is the fireworks and the cheer?:Jerblove:
We made it trough early access and into the league of "finished games", there should be massive parties going on in the streets, wooooo! 

it s just a label.

the full release doesn t bring more than any of the content patches did. few new critters and items, more bugs and errors. the game is still broken, the peformance is still bad and the server performance and quality are horrible. don t get fooled or overhyped for nothing

it also comes with the middle finger towards those who supported them during early acces and tested their broken game, by eliminating the support for old servers. They could reduce it or leave it for 2 months more or smth similar but no..

1 minute ago, Voidstar said:

it s just a label.

the full release doesn t bring more than any of the content patches did. few new critters and items, more bugs and error. the game is till broken, the peformance is still bad and the server performance and quality is horrible. don t get fooled or overhyped for nothing

Few new critters? it brings a whole new massive map lol Ragnarok, thats what i am excited for

1 minute ago, Voidstar said:

yeah you guys are being treated the worst ...

yep, 2nd class citizens of the ark :( but we have pc dedicated servers now we can buy and they are working great (today they added ini editing) just need that map so i can actually play (were running the centre at mo but not much we can do knowing new map *hopefully* tomorrow

Nop no1 will give a crap , im happy because with this change i manage to leave this poop game behind and never playing again. So maybe WC will get new players but also losing a lot of old players who tested the early and stuff ... now they just pooping on us. Best WC Lazy Support , they need 2 months to fix my tribe problem... and still they didnt fixed . And i dont wanna see the amount of problems will start on the release of new servers , people will always find ways to dupe exploit .

2 hours ago, UnluckyRose24 said:

I gotta admit, I am so incredibly hyped for the full release - I bought ARK and the DLC ages ago to support the game, and then waited patiently for the full release so I could play the game as it was meant to be played.

However, it seems like there is very little celebration going on: No giant announcement heralding the awesomeness of a full release, just a factual "server wipe reminder" and a bit of info, as if it was just another update. Even the "News" title is "Ark at gamescom! First look at upcoming content" when I was expecting a News post with big fat letters that read "RAPTOR YES, WE ARE GOING FULL RELEASE!!!"  

Also, other than the 29´th I am having a hard time even determining when exactly the game will be released. Apparently at 08am EST?  Maybe?
Even the release-trailer was more focused on a hidden countdown for the 1´st of september (When new DLC will be released? Who knows..) and nowhere on the forum or internet could I find a countdown for the full release patch: Not on ARKs twitter, not on facebook, not here, did I accidentally miss it?
Maybe I somehow overlooked the celebratory posts, but it looks like everyone is treating the 29´th release like a regular boring patch-update.
Where is the fireworks and the cheer?:Jerblove:
We made it trough early access and into the league of "finished games", there should be massive parties going on in the streets, wooooo! 

The reason people are not excited about the "launch" is because it is only being done so they can wipe the servers full of duped items and sell the new soon-to-be-announced underwater DLC.

Thats it. Thats the ONLY reason its launching.

None of the remaining issues plagueing the game have actually been addressed.

The game still has terrible framerate drops looking at player bases or where tames are gathered... even on top end machines

The AI and pathing is still ridiculously bad - to the point where enemies or (tames on follow)run headfirst into a wall/rock the entire fight...

The hitboxs and clipping are almost unuseable: my 3 storey T-rex cant step over my waist height dodo!, dinos tails swing around like rigid impassable steel beams.

Malfunctioning mechanics that are announced as fixed just dont work: baby dino starvation bug, baby dino falling through world bug still happeneing as recently as last weekend after how many times have we been told they fixed?

After being told they were wipeing 10% of the servers then they wipe 50% and being told we had 30 days to move and being given 5...many people like myself simply logged out and dont plan on logging back in.

I get its a business and stuff happens but many of us lost a lot of faith in WC.

37 minutes ago, Joanna said:

Why would be hyped?  We've been playing the game for 2yrs.  It's just a label, it means nothing.

it's not true.

for most of the forum's community nothig would change - they play single\unofficials.

for the "vocal minority" - not all of them can  into official forums.

Steam forums are full of toxicity.

Oh... the PATCH IS COMING!!!

pfew.. only 50mb patch.

Well everyone knows and must fully aware that the player base in Ark is rather extreme where it comes to complaining about anything.
Either being right or wrong, even though at the end there's no gain nor value about complaining.

A few months ago I was like that, i hate to admit it, but it is true to me.
Thank god i came to a realization before the official release, or i wouldn't be able to play the game in the future, properly, pretty much, like you said, really well:

4 hours ago, UnluckyRose24 said:

I bought ARK and the DLC ages ago to support the game, and then waited patiently for the full release so I could play the game as it was meant to be played.

I am with you. Where's the fireworks?

Where's the booze at? :ph34r:

How badly WC bumbled up its release kills the magic for me. First they give us only 5 days to move. Then they forget to turn on transfers so we can't move on prim+ for 2 days. Leaving only 3 days to move. THEN they break transfers on the last day, robbing us of ANOTHER day.

Regular servers had only 4 days to transfer.

Prim+ servers had only 2 days to transfer. 

Here I sit with my tribe on an obi trying to get our characters and tames off a doomed server with only an 38 min till deletion. And we can't transfer out because Ark devs broke the moving ability and blindly and ignorantly push forward with deleting our server dishonest to all the promises made before.

Truly a failed launch....

Archived