Full Release is here - Does no one care?

UnluckyRose24

I gotta admit, I am so incredibly hyped for the full release - I bought ARK and the DLC ages ago to support the game, and then waited patiently for the full release so I could play the game as it was meant to be played.

However, it seems like there is very little celebration going on: No giant announcement heralding the awesomeness of a full release, just a factual "server wipe reminder" and a bit of info, as if it was just another update. Even the "News" title is "Ark at gamescom! First look at upcoming content" when I was expecting a News post with big fat letters that read "RAPTOR YES, WE ARE GOING FULL RELEASE!!!"  

Also, other than the 29´th I am having a hard time even determining when exactly the game will be released. Apparently at 08am EST?  Maybe?
Even the release-trailer was more focused on a hidden countdown for the 1´st of september (When new DLC will be released? Who knows..) and nowhere on the forum or internet could I find a countdown for the full release patch: Not on ARKs twitter, not on facebook, not here, did I accidentally miss it?
Maybe I somehow overlooked the celebratory posts, but it looks like everyone is treating the 29´th release like a regular boring patch-update.
Where is the fireworks and the cheer?:Jerblove:
We made it trough early access and into the league of "finished games", there should be massive parties going on in the streets, wooooo! 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator

WC have stated what's happening on release day, i.e. 12am ET all servers are shutting down and approximately 8 hours later at 8am ET the legacy and new servers will come up, and this will mark the official launch.

I'm sure there will be celebration once it's happened, but for now it is still full steam ahead for WC.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

WC have stated what's happening on release day, i.e. 12am ET all servers are shutting down and approximately 8 hours later at 8am ET the legacy and new servers will come up, and this will mark the official launch.

I'm sure there will be celebration once it's happened, but for now it is still full steam ahead for WC.

Should that mean the Ragnarok update for consoles is also live after that? Or is that down to when MS/Sony push the update out?

EDIT: Never mind, just been answered above! Thanks!!

7 minutes ago, UnluckyRose24 said:

Wait.. If console is behind on regular updates.. does that mean that we do not actually get the full release tomorrow?
I mean, I was expecting some kind of "release" patch but I guess if regular updates on console are lagging behind PC-master-race, we wont actually get full release for a while? 
:Jerbcry:

You are getting the full release tomorrow. (Well "full," but there will continue to be patches, bugfixes, new content, and new DLC added)

3 minutes ago, Hype365 said:

Ragnarok has it's own unique bosses now

2 minutes ago, GP said:

Not quite. It has Dragon and Manticore. It's a unique boss encounter, but not unique bosses.

but can you unlock the tek engrams on that map (with out cheats and ofcourse with out mods as were forbidden mods on ps4 :(, would give my right testicle for that anti flyer nerf mod...well ok maybe not but my desire for it is high)

Archived