The club

Taconite

32 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

Yeah, he made an alt and was just trying to survive in the snow for a bit without fur lol, he mindwiped after 

Oh haha that makes sense. Unfortunately you really need to put a lot of points into fortitude to see any real progress. 20 seems to be good for all around everyday ark life just as a convenience but to really make a big difference in torpor and weather effects it takes a ton of levels.

20 minutes ago, Hypsy said:

When i read these all i hear is 'Nerf clubs so I don't have to worry about new players and get to keep my advantage over them in every way no matter what because I'm super L337 and important and a naked shouldn't be able to knock me out for being retarded how dare they'

Like I said I've only lost my stuff to a troll with a club once. Clubs Arn't the problem, they are part of the game and don't need to be nerfed directly. I just don't think its necessary to have blueprint qualities for them since they are already so powerfull. Plus the only people that tend to use clubs and blueprint quality clubs are trolls. So why give trolls more power?

3 minutes ago, Taconite said:

Like I said I've only lost my stuff to a troll with a club once. Clubs Arn't the problem, they are part of the game and don't need to be nerfed directly. I just don't think its necessary to have blueprint qualities for them since they are already so powerfull. Plus the only people that tend to use clubs and blueprint quality clubs are trolls. So why give trolls more power?

You realize if they nerf the club people will just go back to 1 shotting you with a sword? Right?

Oh no you don't actually care you're just making pointless noise.

The obvious counter is a flamethrower/whip, But that requires you to press buttons and be aware and not be playing on a potato so yeah, can see why you're complaining. 

5 hours ago, Hypsy said:

You realize if they nerf the club people will just go back to 1 shotting you with a sword? Right?

The obvious counter is a flamethrower/whip, But that requires you to press buttons and be aware and not be playing on a potato so yeah, can see why you're complaining. 

Do i really need to reiterate for the 3rd time i don't have an issue with dealing with people with clubs? No i shouldn't have to. Read the thread before you decide to make wild accusations. I simply am saying that there is no reason to have blueprint quality clubs. They promote trolls, nobody likes trolls.

5 hours ago, Hypsy said:

Oh and try to one shot me with a sword, good luck because it won't happen and at least there is some actual value to a good sword. The day i see a naked running around with an ascendant sword ill be sure to send you a cookie.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Taconite said:

I wish there was a better way of countering it that didn't involve riot gear. If it's a primitive club I can usually counter with stimulant but if its ascendant there is no time at all

As I've stated before in a similar thread, a bola does wonders in countering clubs.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

As I've stated before in a similar thread, a bola does wonders in countering clubs.

Most of the time i just don't put myself in a situation to be dealing with a person that has a club, such as staying near a tame or base full of turrets. Since i don't like using riot if i ever encounter a clubber i tend to just shoot them with a longneck. I've used ascendant clubs in a trolling fashion in the past though and that is why I'm saying they are way too good, because i've taken out small tribes before with them. As long as you can get into a persons house and just start swingin, everyone just goes to sleep, destroy beds kill the players and bale. I don't know why everyone seems to have so much hate to this topic, maybe because they are trolls themselves but I just don't see why there needs to be better clubs then primitive.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Taconite said:

Most of the time i just don't put myself in a situation to be dealing with a person that has a club, such as staying near a tame or base full of turrets. Since i don't like using riot if i ever encounter a clubber i tend to just shoot them with a longneck. I've used ascendant clubs in a trolling fashion in the past though and that is why I'm saying they are way too good, because i've taken out small tribes before with them. As long as you can get into a persons house and just start swingin, everyone just goes to sleep, destroy beds kill the players and bale. I don't know why everyone seems to have so much hate to this topic, maybe because they are trolls themselves but I just don't see why there needs to be better clubs then primitive.

I don't get what any of what you said has to do with my response. The statement I responded to was asking about means to counter clubs that did not require riot gear. I pointed to the bola, which you unlock one level after clubs and long before you can unlock riot gear.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

I don't get what any of what you said has to do with my response. The statement I responded to was asking about means to counter clubs that did not require riot gear. I pointed to the bola, which you unlock one level after clubs and long before you can unlock riot gear.

Also the fact that Clubs have already been nerfed.

As of currently, Clubs do not scale with Player Melee Damage -- they used to. If you had 300-350% melee damage, you one OHKO someone with a Primitive Club.

8 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Yes that is a good option as long as the opponent does not have high movement speed. 

8 minutes ago, Bishokukai said:

That is stupid becouse devs need add club effect to all mele weapons. For example if in real life you will be hitted by club/metal pikeaxe/stone pikeaxe you head will blow. And only club have that effect. If you do not believe - hit yourself by club and metal tools.

A guy in my tribe uses a spyglass to knock people out, he also has 400 melee

Oh and I'll let you test that out, you can let me know what you find out... if you don't go braindead or die. It's ark not real life. I have a car outside not a saddled sabertooth tiger. If you really wanted to make ark realistik it would be a poop game because realism sucks to an extent, which is why games use some realism and a lot of fantasy and mechanics 

Compare to SoTF where if you want make player unconclous you need shoot him from bow/crossbow with tranq arrows ... that requere skill to hit him in head. In main game it is poop. You only need to come to him only. I will repeat: if i can knock out him with club why i can not knock him with sword? For example i will bite him by the back edje of the sword. That is metal! It can be more effitient!

1 hour ago, Taconite said:

Oh and try to one shot me with a sword, good luck because it won't happen and at least there is some actual value to a good sword. The day i see a naked running around with an ascendant sword ill be sure to send you a cookie.

It was this moment i realized you went full r.

A good sword is op.

Clubbers are basically only a concern if they have an ascendant club or they are level 100+ and fully stated in melee/speed

So stands to reason that person might have an ascendant sword, not the point really though.

I mean, Unless you are literally complaining about prim clubs, Then all i have to say is err.. awkward they are poop now.

Edit:

Also if they nerf the club to account for people stating melee/speed at level 100+ then it will be basically useless.

32 minutes ago, Hypsy said:

It was this moment i realized you went full r.

A good sword is op.

Clubbers are basically only a concern if they have an ascendant club or they are level 100+ and fully stated in melee/speed

So stands to reason that person might have an ascendant sword, not the point really though.

I mean, Unless you are literally complaining about prim clubs, Then all i have to say is err.. awkward they are poop now.

Edit:

Also if they nerf the club to account for people stating melee/speed at level 100+ then it will be basically useless.

It takes more hits to kill me with an ascendant sword that it does an ascendant club. What the hell kind of game logic is that? I wear full ascendant flak at all times. So again, come at me with a sword, lol we will see how that goes

10 hours ago, Bishokukai said:

That is stupid becouse devs need add club effect to all mele weapons. For example if in real life you will be hitted by club/metal pikeaxe/stone pikeaxe you head will blow. And only club have that effect. If you do not believe - hit yourself by club and metal tools.

That is not how an RPG works. The club has an effect that makes it useable. If all weapons would hav this effect, people would use something else.

Archived