- Created blocking volumes for key areas in PvE servers

Majix

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Specter229 said:

If that's what it is I don't see why it's not instituted on legacy servers. 

The only thing I can think of is that doing it on the existing legacy servers may cause problems for those that have built around metal-spawns, where as doing it on the new servers it will already be in place before people build. I could be wrong, but that's what seems logical to me.

10 minutes ago, GP said:

The only thing I can think of is that doing it on the existing legacy servers may cause problems for those that have built around metal-spawns, where as doing it on the new servers it will already be in place before people build. I could be wrong, but that's what seems logical to me.

You are exactly correct. On existing PVE Legacy servers, we pretty much police our own servers to ensure metal spawns are not blocked.

Putting this in place now would indefinitely effect a ton of structures in or around so called resource areas. Some of these do not block spawn and would get deleted if they put these in place.

13 minutes ago, GP said:

Makes sense.

Archived