Easy way to get metal

Humunculus

13 minutes ago, Humunculus said:

Two towers out of just thatch and wood ladders a bed each one at your base then the other near a metal spawn area but not too close to block and parachute acrossthis will allow you to quickly transport metal and avoid the use of tames and dangerous dinos

On pvp, this will not work. Your thatch tower would be gone every day lol plus easy target for ranged weapons while parachuting....

Okay one "A quetz" sure if you can get one and protect it also i said without the use of tames.

Second a parachute i said parachute.

Third depends on your server i guess i did it on server 1 nobody bothered it the alphas thought it was cool im sure quite a few people used it for fun i never made it inaccessible so there was no reason to destroy it.

But in all honesty, for me, as a solo pvp playrt on official servers, i usually dont have good wieght fliers for long. Imho the easiest way for me to get metal is to mine it on the southern hill between stonehenge and green river. If someone hasnt already built a forge area I can use, then i just mine the metal and hide it in a small storage box covered by a stone foundation and wait for the drop near there. Upload metal to the drop and then download it at a drop closer to base. 

Drops are one of your best friends in solo pvp, ontop of my regular supply caches around the map, I usually upload gear and supplies to a drop before I log off so I know I have something to start with for sure next time I log in. 

Paracuting across the map has too many risk imo, any player on a flier who sees you, will take you out 9 times or 10 in my experience 

I remember a while back some guy made like five or six threads using an idea like this claiming that it was the most efficient harvesting option. Honestly, an Argent, weight-boosted Wyvern, or Quetz will get the job done, and early game you don't really need a lot of metal so you can just use a Parasaur or Iguanodon or something

Archived