Obelisk and major resource locations cleared and protected

TheStrip

14 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

So when Jen goes and posts this...

Source : https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/237201-the-great-migration-xbox-uwp/

She is basically laying in our faces. This whole company is just a poopload of bullpoop.

You say that and your VERY FIRST MOVE is...raptor legacy servers. 

/ golf clap

Unbelievable.  

18 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

So when Jen goes and posts this...

Source : https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/237201-the-great-migration-xbox-uwp/

She is basically laying in our faces. This whole company is just a poopload of bullpoop.

You say that and your VERY FIRST MOVE is...raptor legacy servers. 

/ golf clap

Yes, and if they wiped out the structures and dinos in those areas on Legacy servers, you'd be here trash talking the Devs for wiping something when they said the wouldn't.

Get over it, or just go away. 

2 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Yes, and if they wiped out the structures and dinos in those areas on Legacy servers, you'd be here trash talking the Devs for wiping something when they said the wouldn't.

I don't think it's fair to ask someone with a valid point (being constantly lied to) to "get over it". Do you have anything of use to add?

3 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

I don't think it's fair to ask someone with a valid point (being constantly lied to) to "get over it". Do you have anything of use to add?

Yes. I added the most useful suggestion possible after explaining that Devs are in a no-win scenario. Either they wipe out structures in those areas and listen to people complain, or don't wipe out the structures and listen to people complain.

Either get over the frustration, or don't get over the frustration and leave. Those are the options the OP has...keep playing the game, or quit because he's fed up. Simple stuff. 

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

Yes. I added the most useful suggestion possible after explaining that Devs are in a no-win scenario. Either they wipe out structures in those areas and listen to people complain, or don't wipe out the structures and listen to people complain.

Either get over the frustration, or don't get over the frustration and leave. Those are the options the OP has...keep playing the game, or quit because you're fed up. Simple stuff. 

True, still doesn't stop people from parking dinos in the areas.

Just now, LouSpowells said:

Either get over the frustration, or don't get over the frustration and leave. Simple stuff. 

Or they just simply decide what to do, tell their player base and do it. Sounds like a simple fix to me.  It's the lying that is causing the anger, not the action.

10 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I have always been against building on obelisks. Search a bit thru my post history and you will see. I also personally hate sausageheads who establish their trading posts at obelisks and block all pathways to it...like only they had the right to get up there. 

1 minute ago, bkrafty said:

Or they just simply decide what to do, tell their player base and do it. Sounds like a simple fix to me.  It's the lying that is causing the anger, not the action.

No, the histrionic bull**** and drama that rivals a reality TV show is what is causing the anger. The action is reasonable, and the response from some of the more vocal children playing is predictable.

3 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

No, the histrionic bull**** and drama that rivals a reality TV show is what is causing the anger. The action is reasonable, and the response from some of the more vocal children playing is predictable.

How is it reasonable to tell your legacy player base that they will receive all content and fixes the new servers get and within a week put out a fix the specifically says not for legacy servers. Does not seem reasonable to me. Please explain.

6 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

How is it reasonable to tell your legacy player base that they will receive all content and fixes the new servers get and within a week put out a fix the specifically says not for legacy servers. Does not seem reasonable to me. Please explain.

Whether I explain it or I don't, it's not like you're going to go, "Oh...well now that you say it that way, I'm very sorry about my irrational reaction, Lou." 

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

Whether I explain it or I don't, it's not like you're going to go, "Oh...well now that you say it that way, I'm very sorry about my irrational reaction, Lou." 

guess we will never know. It is a pretty simple question for which you obviously don't have an answer.  A supposed Irrational reaction by Me: "How is it reasonable to tell your legacy player base that they will receive all content and fixes the new servers get and within a week put out a fix the specifically says not for legacy servers. Does not seem reasonable to me. Please explain."

Grasping at straws Lou. Better give up or learn how to debate view points, things are going down hill for you. My question was reasonable, thus the positive reactions that your pointless posts are missing. Make sense now?

34 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

guess we will never know. It is a pretty simple question for which you obviously don't have an answer.  A supposed Irrational reaction by Me: "How is it reasonable to tell your legacy player base that they will receive all content and fixes the new servers get and within a week put out a fix the specifically says not for legacy servers. Does not seem reasonable to me. Please explain."

Grasping at straws Lou. Better give up or learn how to debate view points, things are going down hill for you. My question was reasonable, thus the positive reactions that your pointless posts are missing. Make sense now?

So I don't usually side with the devs on things like this, but I gotta say when they tell us Legacy servers will get the same fixes, then decide that just maybe it doesn't make sense in certain circumstances later and therefore use the works: "Not applicable to legacy severs", (paraphrasing here) I'm going to take a wild guess and say they probably decided for this specific circumstance it didn't make sense to add this to legacy servers.  So to call them lairs when they put it right there is just a bit much...

4 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

So I don't usually side with the devs on things like this, but I gotta say when they tell us Legacy servers will get the same fixes, then decide that just maybe it doesn't make sense in certain circumstances later and therefore use the works: "Not applicable to legacy severs", (paraphrasing here) I'm going to take a wild guess and say they probably decided for this specific circumstance it didn't make sense to add this to legacy servers.  So to call them lairs when they put it right there is just a bit much...

I would be curious why it wouldn't make sense in this circumstance? They are literally the same servers. What does make sense is that by cutting off support and not implementing this they are trying to get the legacy server to destroy them selves and be abandoned. I'm pretty sure everyone can see this. Anyone disagree?

14 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

I would be curious why it wouldn't make sense in this circumstance? They are literally the same servers. What does make sense is that by cutting off support and not implementing this they are trying to get the legacy server to destroy them selves and be abandoned. I'm pretty sure everyone can see this. Anyone disagree?

There must be a reason, but I'm not about to read their minds on the subject.  I'm sure glad that I stopped playing on official servers back in March and started playing dedicated.  If I do get back into it it's certainly not going to be on a lagacy server LOL.

Archived