Obelisk and major resource locations cleared and protected

TheStrip

I am actually impressed WC, you did something what a lot of people using so much pillars over have been asking for, kudos. Not cool that nobody was prepared for it though. apart from that, yeah. I lost around 200k metal, but this is a change for something better or worst (i personally think for the better with some easily avoidable side effects)

1 minute ago, Paneross said:

Maybe you shouldn't build in obs and turn it into a parking lot for your dinos.

This is why the transmitter shouldn't be a TEK item.  If everyone could transfer dinos and items from anywhere on the map, or load bosses from their base anywhere on the map there would be no reason to build or block Obs.  Of course that would make Obs nothing poop floating in the sky, but hey at least it's one less thing to troll with.

46 minutes ago, Charwen said:

Or is this a mistake? They did this like 6 to 8 weeks ago, then rolled it back.

Really bad timing for rollbacks NOW with migration

Yea looks like they made the same mistake again.

27 minutes ago, Paneross said:

Maybe you shouldn't build in obs and turn it into a parking lot for your dinos.

That's just bad game design, you can't blame players. I don't want to have 20 rexes parked near an obelisk, but I sure as hell aint transporting them on a regular basis.

47 minutes ago, BeardO said:

This is why the transmitter shouldn't be a TEK item.  If everyone could transfer dinos and items from anywhere on the map, or load bosses from their base anywhere on the map there would be no reason to build or block Obs.  Of course that would make Obs nothing poop floating in the sky, but hey at least it's one less thing to troll with.

You can upload/transfert items from any beacon drop over the map. And 99% of the bases do have a beacon MUCH closer than an obelisk to their base. 

36 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

You can upload/transfert items from any beacon drop over the map. And 99% of the bases do have a beacon MUCH closer than an obelisk to their base. 

I'm aware, it's still not really that ideal when say you are doing a boss to walk 20 dinos to a drop and try to get them in the circle prior to the drop disappearing.

Well since the rollback obi seem to be as they were, just wonder whether we should be clearing anything in the firing line out now if they're gonna take another pass at it. If anyone from WC is reading this how about a statement on the subject? Just a little heads up, even if it's just an hour or 2 would be something. 

4 minutes ago, Stuartjjones said:

You can’t summon the bosses from tek transmitters. Only from obelisks (and, unless they changed it, drops).

I haven't messed with it yet so assumed, makes the transmitter even more useless.  I suppose you could upload at transmitter then download at OB but that sounds like a pita.  Yup completely understand why people build on the Obs now.

Altough it's a pretty good move to protect those area, i am absolutly not impressed. We have been asking for this for what... a little over 2 years... like for me since july 2015. Now that they finally will do it, only for the new servers.... /facepalm... legacy will get ALL the updates they said.... 4 days ago?

Just now, romanaka3 said:

I think you can even from beacons summen boss

Yeah you can, but again the idea of waiting for the beacon to spawn, then walking all your dinos to the beacon with rexes getting stuck on every pebble on the way and trying to get them in place to go the boss area before it despawns is almost a mini game lol

7 minutes ago, Naerah(Qc) said:

Altough it's a pretty good move to protect those area, i am absolutly not impressed. We have been asking for this for what... a little over 2 years... like for me since july 2015. Now that they finally will do it, only for the new servers.... /facepalm... we will get ALL the updates they said.... 4 days ago?

I am very interested in this. Do we know this is happening and do we know it will only be on the new cluster? How will they prevent dinos from being parked? (like the trolls on my server parked gigas feet on the obis this weekend, blocking the actual transmitter)

1 hour ago, waterKeeper said:

From the patch notes:

Created blocking volumes for key areas in PvEservers (not enabled on Legacy Servers)

So when Jen goes and posts this...

Legacy servers will also receive all of the same fixes and content that the new cluster will.

Source : https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/237201-the-great-migration-xbox-uwp/

She is basically laying in our faces. This whole company is just a poopload of bullpoop.

You say that and your VERY FIRST MOVE is...raptor legacy servers. 

/ golf clap

1 minute ago, powerstuck said:

Source : https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/237201-the-great-migration-xbox-uwp/

She is basically laying in our faces. This whole company is just a poopload of bullpoop.

/ golf clap

Yes, it is a bunch of bull.  I for one have seen how the promise of no support has turned many into trolls. the least they could do is prevent resource obi blocking like new servers. I'm getting the feeling they are doing this on purpose.

11 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

/ golf clap

LAYING IN OUR FACES!!!! now thats some prime customer service right there!

Archived