Megatheriums Vs Broodmother

Lancelot

Hello Survivors,

For the last 2 months I have been working on breeding megatheriums.

When the dossier was released I was starting boss fights with my tribe and the whole 20 rexes or 19 rex/1 yuty kinda felt boring to me. I was happy when they released the dossier as it mentionned their effectiveness towards insect and spiders.

Breeding was a long process, the fact that they are mammals with an 8 hour gestation period was certainly a challenge. The 2x and 3x breeding events greatly helped.

These Megatheriums have no stat mutation. Base health is 5920(35 points) and damage is 372.8(42 points).

Gamma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fmsO-PEGtk

Beta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-Tdo35AnCk

I did not try alpha yet, Beta had most of the megas lose 30% health and 1 lost 70% health. I'm waiting on a second set of 19 before i try that one.

Hope you enjoy!

13 minutes ago, jaypak said:

made that look easy lol but must have been a lot of time taiming and breedind

It sure was. I probably tamed around 20-30 megatheriums lvl 130+ since their release.

Breeding also took forever, the 8 hours gestation followed by the 9 hour baby time makes it really complicated for time management.

Not countin the fact that most times in the early stages the babies wouldn't inherit the right stats.

I was really nervous when I tried beta brood but now I know it was worth it.

Nice. Those Megatheriums weren't even heavily leveled yet, so that bodes well.

They must've changed the Bug Squasher buff from increasing damage dealt/increasing damage taken, to increasing damage dealt/decreasing damage taken. Nerd Parade did a video awhile back and his Megatheriums got stomped because the buff was increasing the damage his Megatheriums were taking.

11 minutes ago, Daedros said:

They must've changed the Bug Squasher buff from increasing damage dealt/increasing damage taken, to increasing damage dealt/decreasing damage taken. Nerd Parade did a video awhile back and his Megatheriums got stomped because the buff was increasing the damage his Megatheriums were taking.

Well Nerd parade made the mistake of having tamed megas fight alpha broodmother before the saddles blueprint was released. I'm not sure what they were expecting would happen. But yeah the resistance definitely helps.

3 minutes ago, Daedros said:

Hmmm. Since Megatheriums are Omnivores, i wonder if they can eat Sweet Vegetable Cake? Would help keep your Megatheriums alive in there.

I haven't thought of that to be honest, I will try that when I get to alpha.

49 minutes ago, Daedros said:

Yeah they fixed that a while ago

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2017 at 10:11 PM, Lancelot said:

I haven't thought of that to be honest, I will try that when I get to alpha.

My theriums had similar base stats to yours (more health, less dmg). They did really well against the Gamma and Beta but got wiped on Alpha, it's a massive increase in damage. All 19 of mine were unridden though and I imagine struggled to compete for the bug killer buff so took too much damage with my 54-66 armor saddles.

My wipe on alpha is here if you wanna take a look: https://youtu.be/YFsUEQsselg?t=865

8 hours ago, Aldor said:

My theriums had similar base stats to yours (more health, less dmg). They did really well against the Gamma and Beta but got wiped on Alpha, it's a massive increase in damage. All 19 of mine were unridden though and I imagine struggled to compete for the bug killer buff so took too much damage with my 54-66 armor saddles.

My wipe on alpha is here if you wanna take a look: https://youtu.be/YFsUEQsselg?t=865

Wow that was rough. Did they all have the 25k hp? I imagine better saddle would've helped but seeing how fast the first one dropped maybe not.

I have yet to try alpha since I restarted on the new servers at release. Right now I use saddles between 75 and 90 armor and have yet to lose any breeds to gamma or beta(lost a couple of sacrificial tames).

The main issue I can see having on alpha is the megas not all getting the insect killer buff.

A possible solution I can think of for this would be to have 2 health rexes(for mate boost). Have them charge at brood at start for tanking and circle her with the megas after, It should give more time for the megas to get the buff.

Archived