Server Tame Cap Issue

Ghostwolfa

I've been playing since January and this didn't seem to be a real issue until now and i felt it needed to be addressed.  The server that i am currently on has hit the server tame cap as I'm sure many others have as well.   Normally this is solved during the tame itself by killing one or maybe two dinos that you have to at least start the process and more may have to go along the way.  However, tonight my tribemate and i dropped  130 Yutryrannus and starve tamed it.  At that point we put the kibble in to tame it and proceeded to kill 10 of our own creatures with the tame not even starting.  This appears to be due to the fact that even though the server is at tame cap, other people have been allowed to move dinos over to the server through transfers.  This just seems like a bad design flaw, and my tribemate has now quit the game over this, leaving me as a tribe of one.  Either there needs to be no tame cap on the server and just make the tribe cap smaller, make it so you can't transfer over to a capped server, or make it where the server tells you at any time the exact number of the cap so that we can tell how capped it is and not waste time on trying to tame anything.  There really needs to be an adjustment to this, as even with the new servers it will eventually become the same issue.

Sorry bud.. but some guys have to move to server not listed to be deleted.. 

I agree 110% with the tribe limit.. some tribes make the game unplayable for new players because they already have a 70 ( some claim they are over ) tribe members.. dominating the map, making it impossible to build even the smallest base.. 

I think a tribe limit of 10.. might even be fair, with no more than a total of 35 max players in alliances. this would also prevent tribes from having 400+ tames. 

Server The-EU-Ragnarok52 have tribe members assigned to purely harass new players or players moving from other servers. its rather low population.

I get some if not all of us, used pre-nerfed advantages to advance in base building. but I can see why its such a pain for  most to move.. I would rather start new.. or there need to be some sort of grace period where players can settle before being attacked.. I cant take my base over... I have to destroy and craft and build.. 

6 hours ago, AshRid said:

...and now you see why they aren't offering support on legacy servers

Because this kind of thing was always going to happen when getting rid of other servers - it's all part of their plan to force people off of legacy

It's honestly not even really a legacy vs non-legacy issue.  This could easily happen on the newer servers eventually.  It's just a  design flaw that needs to be addressed.  Having a server tame cap never really made that much sense anyway once you created a tribe tame limit.  But if you're gonna enforce a limit then do so, don't do it halfway by allowing more to be transferred in, or at the very least make a visible counter so that people don't waste hours of their life trying to tame something that will never happen due to way too many tames being transferred over the limit onto the server.

Good to know, so the cap limit does not prevent you from transferring to the server .. 

My server is also capped out, but i agree would be a great thing to see the cap limit and the actual dino tamed count. At least you know that the server is close to full and you don't get frustrated by selecting a server that will cap out after you get a few dino's .. 

Archived