How to get people to stay on Legacy

SmokeyB

Wouldn't it be nice if On the legacy servers they gave us back some of the stuff we were used to for the last two years. 

After all most of our bases was built using these old methods.

Give legacy servers the old UI back.  

Give legacy servers pre nerf flyers back 

Give legacy servers unlimited weight quetz back 

Give legacy old raft building back.

Remove tek tier from legacy

I can guarantee loads of people would be staying on Legacy then,  even new players would join 

If we're being sectioned off into legacy at least let us keep the game we played for two years and don't leave us with the mess we have now.

That'd make sense and all, but they're not trying to get people to stay on Legacy.  They're trying to force people off of it so they don't have to dedicate company resources in server upkeep where there is no future revenue streams.  Same reason they killed off any form of support for us including any pending tickets that they haven't answered in months.

54 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

That'd make sense and all, but they're not trying to get people to stay on Legacy.  They're trying to force people off of it so they don't have to dedicate company resources in server upkeep where there is no future revenue streams.  Same reason they killed off any form of support for us including any pending tickets that they haven't answered in months.

Untrue.
Legacy Servers will still receive mods made to DLC such as Ragnarok, as well as all future ARK patches, and will also see expansions added if the servers are still alive. That support was already promised.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, Orion said:

Untrue.
Legacy Servers will still receive mods made to DLC such as Ragnarok, as well as all future ARK patches, and will also see expansions added if the servers are still alive. That support was already promised.

They promised 30 days notice and gave us 6, so they are only 20% true to their words. Based on that, we can safely estimate that we will get access to 1 of the 5 upcoming expansions. :P

Just now, invincibleqc said:

They promised 30 days notice and gave us 6, so they are only 20% true to their words. Based on that, we can safely estimate that we will get access to 1 of the 5 upcoming expansions. :P

They gave you far more than 30. This has already been threaded numerous times. Stieglitz posted about this a little over a month ago.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Orion said:

They gave you far more than 30. This has already been threaded numerous times. Stieglitz posted about this a little over a month ago.

This is totally different and you know it. They dropped the list 6 days prior shutting down listed servers while they promised 30 days for players to migrate to another one.

Do you wear glasses by any chance?

Spoiler

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Orion said:

He's not wrong, though not wholly right either. The plan for release has been revealed a long time ago (i.e. repurposing the older underperforming servers while sparing those that aren't), it's just that the announcement of which of those servers came on such short notice.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, ciabattaroll said:

He's not wrong, though not wholly right either. The plan for release has been revealed a long time ago (i.e. repurposing the older underperforming servers while sparing those that aren't), it's just that the announcement of which of those servers came on such short notice.

Exactly. Based on his logic we could argue that they gave us over a year warning when they originally said they would re-purpose low populated servers back in 2016: https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/343787283759101650/

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This is totally different and you know it. They dropped the list 6 days prior shutting down listed servers while they promised 30 days for players to migrate to another one.

Do you wear glasses by any chance?

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not a "fanboy" by any mean, I criticize and disagree with Wild Card and a lot of what they do.
I was one of the people basically boycotting Scorched considering it was a paid DLC beign released before the game was even finished.

A lot of people saw this coming. Much of the community knew some form of change to the current officials would happen.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Orion said:

I'm not a "fanboy" by any mean, I criticize and disagree with Wild Card and a lot of what they do.
I was one of the people basically boycotting Scorched considering it was a paid DLC beign released before the game was even finished.

To be honest, I'm more than fine with them closing the servers. This is the short time notice we got to move massive bases and hundreds of tames from our SE server that irritated me a little. Been a nightmare for the past few days and had to kill/leave behind a lot of stuff and prioritize what was really important. Not to mention that all the elements, talons, etc. were not even transferable to accommodate the migrators. Anyways, every transfer I was doing with stuff while moving I was crossing my fingers to lose my character and have a valid reason to move on but unfortunately it didn't happens. :P

34 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Out of curiousity. Could you post that information about giving the kill list a month before release?

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I'm not sure what you are asking me?

You claim they promised to give informations about the kill list a month ago so people can migrate and not 6 days before release. I didn't read any dev posts and I'm curious now if they actually promised it and then lied by doing it only 6 days before release.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Jostabeere said:

You claim they promised to give informations about the kill list a month ago so people can migrate and not 6 days before release. I didn't read any dev posts and I'm curious now if they actually promised it and then lied by doing it only 6 days before release.

Check the steam link I linked above, Jeremy said they would gives "1 month prior warning" and anyone reading his text with a minimum of logic would assume they will release the "servers" 30 days prior shutting them down and not reminding that they will shutdown servers and then gives players 6 days to migrate.

2 minutes ago, Jostabeere said:

Just in case you're not fooling around:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/343787283759101650/

litterally posted IN this 1 page thread...

14 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Check the steam link I linked above, Jeremy said they would gives "1 month prior warning" and anyone reading his text with a minimum of logic would assume they will release the "servers" 30 days prior shutting them down and not reminding that they will shutdown servers and then gives players 6 days to migrate.

I see it. He definitely says they will do a 1-month-warning.

9 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

Wouldn't it be nice if On the legacy servers they gave us back some of the stuff we were used to for the last two years. 

After all most of our bases was built using these old methods.

Give legacy servers the old UI back.  

Give legacy servers pre nerf flyers back 

Give legacy servers unlimited weight quetz back 

Give legacy old raft building back.

Remove tek tier from legacy

I can guarantee loads of people would be staying on Legacy then,  even new players would join 

If we're being sectioned off into legacy at least let us keep the game we played for two years and don't leave us with the mess we have now.

Give yourself a rental server and you can do all of these things and more.

6 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

I see it. He definitely says they will do a 1-month-warning.

They did warn us, over a month ago they would be removing servers that are underused. They did not say they would let us know the exact ones though.

Was not hard to figure out which one might be on list, we had a plan in place in case our SE server went up due to low population, got lucky.

6 minutes ago, Yster said:

The noise made by all dupers.. kill tek you killed 80% of the dupers

Because TEK is the cause of all the people duping...

Because dinos only get dupped when tek was in place, because Vaults were Tek related, and Behemot gates.

I wish people would investigate the facts a little before making politics of something that they don't like (Because are so lazy to obtain for themselves).

You could play primitive+, you could made your own server deactivating TEK in it, but no... let ask to wildcard to remove all TEK from his game... serious I'm mad at you.

Regards.

Archived