Westleafer

In regards to the legacy servers and deletion of low pop.

Westleafer    1

Why do a handful of the community feel entitled to some sort of reward or feel as if WC are pissing up their backs with this announcement?. i'm genuinely curious as to what's going through your head when you argue that the removal of low pop servers is unfair and complaining about being unable to transfer your characters on to the new servers they are releasing. You played the game in early access. In no way, shape or form is it fair for players who purchase after full release to join this game and have a tougher time getting started due to veteran players transferring their characters and immediately dominating that server. Why sign up for an early access/Beta if you going to cry about the the state of the game when it is officially released? Personally I'm happy to see new fresh servers being implemented and won't think twice about the hours I put into this game pre release when the servers I've been playing on since I joined have been plagued by people exploiting or become a graveyard of structures from players coming and going. It will be nice to join a fresh server and have the same chance as everybody else to explore and level up my character. Don't join an early access if you can't handle change.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Critter    237

Given I only paid like, $20? For this game, if even, I can't remember, I agree that I'm in no position to claim that they should or shouldn't wipe servers for the coming newbies. I cannot speak for others because Im unsure of what they paid for the game, time they've invested on officials, etc. The paid DLC I consider out of bounds, so if anything, Scortched Earth servers should not wipe. I don't care what excuse people come up with, the paid dlc voided EA excuses. Whether they do or not I could care less about. I'm not wasting time on officials anymore. 

Jostabeere    716
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Westleafer said:

Why do a handful of the community feel entitled to some sort of reward or feel as if WC are pissing up their backs with this announcement?. i'm genuinely curious as to what's going through your head when you argue that the removal of low pop servers is unfair and complaining about being unable to transfer your characters on to the new servers they are releasing. You played the game in early access. In no way, shape or form is it fair for players who purchase after full release to join this game and have a tougher time getting started due to veteran players transferring their characters and immediately dominating that server. Why sign up for an early access/Beta if you going to cry about the the state of the game when it is officially released? Personally I'm happy to see new fresh servers being implemented and won't think twice about the hours I put into this game pre release when the servers I've been playing on since I joined have been plagued by people exploiting or become a graveyard of structures from players coming and going. It will be nice to join a fresh server and have the same chance as everybody else to explore and level up my character. Don't join an early access if you can't handle change.

Imo not much besides blind, irrational rage and selfish entitlement. When you see people saying everyone should get wiped and other people making up random BS about what WC will definitely do and that they only want to piss off people, you cringe.

Edited by Jostabeere

Posted (edited)

I seen the early access as time to learn the game.. I was always ready to loss all my crap when it released.. I've never known an early release game to let people keep all their junk or levels..

But after saying that, I'll get some sh!t about that statement.. you get that when you play with self entitled children

Edited by Hobgobblin247
Adding extra for effect

Jostabeere    716
1 hour ago, Mavrick said:

I'm pretty sure the rage is because they said one thing and did another.  I believe they should have wiped all the servers, released the files, and been done with it.  This half in wipe poop is disgusting.

Them saying they won't do a full wipe does not exclude what they did. Theoretically they helde their word. They did not wipe all servers.

And people should realize that such decisions aren't in stone and can change. WC did not state that their "no wipe decision" is final and will never change. In such a case it would be lying, but they didn't state that it's the final answer as far as I know.

wallaby    200

why do people who have no intention on staying with legacy keep making these posts.... as u said theres enough people already on topic but people like you come in and throw salt on the fire why?  just to laugh at people who are down about losing ALOT of time investment in a game that was very hazy about the definition of 'early access'  , seriously mate grow up people are allowed to be angry especially when they have lives and full time jobs , people will push on  or quit no need for you to carry on about it as well if it isnt affecting ur new promised land. :Jerbmad:   

• Like 1

Jostabeere    716
5 minutes ago, wallaby said:

why do people who have no intention on staying with legacy keep making these posts.... as u said theres enough people already on topic but people like you come in and throw salt on the fire why?  just to laugh at people who are down about losing ALOT of time investment in a game that was very hazy about the definition of 'early access'  , seriously mate grow up people are allowed to be angry especially when they have lives and full time jobs , people will push on  or quit no need for you to carry on about it as well if it isnt affecting ur new promised land. :Jerbmad:   

He should stay away and stop laughing at people who lost something? I do not see him laughing at people anywhere. He asks for people with other opinion to explain themselves not to tell him he should grow up because they disagree with him.

I'm not going in-depth on the growing-up part, but imo he is definitely not the one who should grow-up.

wallaby    200
1 hour ago, Jostabeere said:

He should stay away and stop laughing at people who lost something? I do not see him laughing at people anywhere. He asks for people with other opinion to explain themselves not to tell him he should grow up because they disagree with him.

I'm not going in-depth on the growing-up part, but imo he is definitely not the one who should grow-up.

hes pointlessly fanning the flames of people who are angry , kinda like u right now completely pointless post wading into someone elses argument like you always do jostabeere your always on here so very opinionated :Jerbmad:    the whole post was a jab at a specific part of the community who  are upset dont pretend theres a legitimate argument here , if he wanted a proper conversation then dont be so snarky about it.

• Like 1

crasht01    17

Some people are a bit salty about server wipes, most people who wish to stay with legacy servers are just pissed about the customer service crap. we have had a lot of first time ark players join our pve server in the last month and they are rather annoyed that after getting of the beach and into a house they have to move and start again to get the customer support which they are entitled to because they bought themselves a new game. Thinking that everyone starting on 0 level is going to make it an even start for everyone including newbies is deluded, most of the experienced players will have pillared the map with thatch before the newbies even work out what thatch is so the whole server wipe and separation is not going to change Ark because the community is still the same people who are playing now and they will still play the game the same way they play it now, this whole thing is a waste of time.

Jostabeere    716
15 minutes ago, wallaby said:

hes pointlessly fanning the flames of people who are angry , kinda like u right now completely pointless post wading into someone elses argument like you always do jostabeere your always on here so very opinionated :Jerbmad:    the whole post was a jab at a specific part of the community who  are upset dont pretend theres a legitimate argument here , if he wanted a proper conversation then dont be so snarky about it.

Íf you think that, fine. I read his post. He makes some questions, posts his opinion and state something that is right.

He asks what's driving people to rage.He says isn't fair to new players. He says we shouldn't be raging around because WC changed their mind for a better decision. He is happy about a new start.

He has some positive vibes and is actually rational. Unlike people who just rage. You can dislike it. And if you think he only made it to jab at people, fine. Keep it to yourself or say that. But no need to insult him.

wallaby    200
1 minute ago, Jostabeere said:

Íf you think that, fine. I read his post. He makes some questions, posts his opinion and state something that is right.

He asks what's driving people to rage.He says isn't fair to new players. He says we shouldn't be raging around because WC changed their mind for a better decision. He is happy about a new start.

He has some positive vibes and is actually rational. Unlike people who just rage. You can dislike it. And if you think he only made it to jab at people, fine. Keep it to yourself or say that. But no need to insult him.

in the 1st post calling people "entitled" and "complainers" how is that not insulting and belittling  thats just shutting down the argument before people can even reply , its an obvious attempt to get a rise out of people and then  ur comment

4 hours ago, Jostabeere said:

Imo not much besides blind, irrational rage and selfish entitlement. 

these are not the words of a rational argument that is flame bating people who you know are feeling down and  angry.