Boss fights - Rumors and now real information

Eichkater

Hi,

We want to do some boss fights on Ragnarok but there are a lot of different information floating around. Some people say they are not available, others say you cannot choose any more which boss to fight and others tell again another story.

Can anybody please tell me wheather it`s possible to summon the 3 bosses on Ragnarok?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, CyanicEmber said:

I believe Ragnarok is getting a unique boss encounter in place of the duo fight on the 29th. At least that is what Dev comments have led me to believe, however no one seems completely sure on that. We'll see.

I don't get that at all from the comments that I have seen, maybe you've seen different ones, but technically Manticore/Dragon is a unique fight, and that's all I've seen them promise.

15 hours ago, Eichkater said:

Hi,

We want to do some boss fights on Ragnarok but there are a lot of different information floating around. Some people say they are not available, others say you cannot choose any more which boss to fight and others tell again another story.

Can anybody please tell me wheather it`s possible to summon the 3 bosses on Ragnarok?

Thanks.

Just take a look on anobelisk and you will see what you can summon. 

The ragnarok devs just made the same move as The Center guy did, but with 2 other bosses: you have to kill the Manticore and the Wyvern together, available on easy/medium/hard levels. 

At least the ragnarok devs had a bit more common sense, and at the end you will get the element reward for the two bosses combined  (not like on center, where you get LESS element fro the monkey+brood than on island, killed seeparately). 

When I tested the bosses on Rag a day or so ago it didn't unlock anything that you'd get from the three Broodmother battles - 17 in total; Foundation, Boots, Wall, Ceiling, Pillar, Catwalk, Railing, Fence Foundation, Sloped Roof, Two Sloped Wall (left and right), Staircase, Ladder, Ramp, Helmet, Mosa Saddle and Turret.

Hopefully this will be fixed tomorrow (29th), if not it'll bring our boss battling to a grinding halt.

Just now, iptcdr said:

When I tested the bosses on Rag a day or so ago it didn't unlock anything that you'd get from the three Broodmother battles - 17 in total; Foundation, Boots, Wall, Ceiling, Pillar, Catwalk, Railing, Fence Foundation, Sloped Roof, Two Sloped Wall (left and right), Staircase, Ladder, Ramp, Helmet, Mosa Saddle and Turret.

Hopefully this will be fixed tomorrow (29th), if not it'll bring our boss battling to a grinding halt.

Oh no, that's what I was afraid of.

My tribe leader has been rex breeding like crazy to get us boss battle ready and when we got the ob yesterday, we got a bit of a shock. I'd seen there was a new arena, but had foolishly assumed this was in addition to the normal, not a replacement.

Fingers crossed for a fix tomorrow.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:53 PM, queenwefe said:

Oh no, that's what I was afraid of.

My tribe leader has been rex breeding like crazy to get us boss battle ready and when we got the ob yesterday, we got a bit of a shock. I'd seen there was a new arena, but had foolishly assumed this was in addition to the normal, not a replacement.

Fingers crossed for a fix tomorrow.

Tried it post-267 release patch and it is still the same. It's still Dragon and Manticore and you still can't unlock 100% of the Tek Engrams.

37 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

And the map isn't even finished. The very first thing the devs will work on is the landscape. After that it's bosses, dungeons, etc. In the Pax-livestream they said it will take them ~6 months (maybe less) to finish Ragnarok.

hmm i wonder if that means 6 months worth of hours or literally 6 months plus everything else they are working on at the same time.

Do not forget that The Center basically had it all (brood + ape, and dragon) and dragon was removed later.

The devs intend for The Island to be the location where you can get all your tek unlocks in one place. 

I wouldn't hold my breath for ragnarok to be treated any differently than the center. Right now, there is a lot of hype for Ragnarok because it is still new, but don't forget that this was the same case when The Center became an official map.

It is better that you adjust for this now and be glad you didn't spend all your time on the center/ragnarok just to learn that they are an afterthought at best. 

Archived