Be a Doer. (Opinions and Thoughts)

StormLord

I've never seen such a terrible community of whiners. Even when WoW was in it's early heyday it was never this bad. And it really boils down to, in my opinion, a schism between the doers and the whiners. If you've played Ark long enough, you've been mad at some point over something due to the development cycle. It's going to happen. The game is still very much in an EA state, but they're releasing it now anyways. They've made their decision.

So there's changes. I'm very aware of how painful change and evolution can be. The has been in a constant state of flux. The good news is that with the decision to move towards release, the devs believe they're closing in on a stable enough build release it to the public. Are there gonna be bugs? You better believe in. In the game industry, we refer to these as known shippable. That mean's we're aware of the bug and when intend to fix it later. Does every bug get fixed? Of course not.

My whole point in my rambling is this: Be the doer. Don't whine about what you can't control. Adapt, evolve and learn. What does whining really accomplish? Resentment and negative feelings. Does starting over suck? Yes it does. Are some of you going to have to do it? It definitely sounds like it. So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna mope and bitch about it or are you gonna gear up, grab your pike and crossbow, and go seize the day. You've learned so much over the few months, some of us had even played for years. Are you gonna be the wise ol' badass helping out your server or are you gonna be some bitter old vet droning on about the glory days of yesteryear?

In my opinion, the rant was more of venting for frustration.  I learned a lot of things from Ark and its community. I have seen scammers cheaters as well as helpers. It is a fun game. But if you think this is a bad community, then you will be surprised by other games. 

In Overwatch, the game directer himself shows up making videos to essentially clam the community when they have all the data suggests the community complains were mostly wrong. In comparison, WC has a lot to improve. Being a small indie company means they should keep an even closer touch to the community. I think it worth their time to make a video for the announcement at the very least.

18 minutes ago, BillyBob331 said:

In my opinion, the rant was more of venting for frustration.  I learned a lot of things from Ark and its community. I have seen scammers cheaters as well as helpers. It is a fun game. But if you think this is a bad community, then you will be surprised by other games. 

In Overwatch, the game directer himself shows up making videos to essentially clam the community when they have all the data suggests the community complains were mostly wrong. In comparison, WC has a lot to improve. Being a small indie company means they should keep an even closer touch to the community. I think it worth their time to make a video for the announcement at the very least.

I agree completely. It's all about the community. My server is awesome. We have a medium-high pop PVP server that has cross tribe alliances. Since the announcement of the release, we have broken those alliances to war like the old days, but the friendship is still there. I look forward to running across these guys again in Ragnarok or wherever they may go. Even with the shattered alliances, we still united together against some off-server raiders. Again, it all boils down to the community. Our server will probably get deleted in the next round deletions, most of the guys are taking a break until the new official servers drop.

2 hours ago, StormLord said:

I've never seen such a terrible community of whiners. Even when WoW was in it's early heyday it was never this bad. And it really boils down to, in my opinion, a schism between the doers and the whiners. If you've played Ark long enough, you've been mad at some point over something due to the development cycle. It's going to happen. The game is still very much in an EA state, but they're releasing it now anyways. They've made their decision.

So there's changes. I'm very aware of how painful change and evolution can be. The has been in a constant state of flux. The good news is that with the decision to move towards release, the devs believe they're closing in on a stable enough build release it to the public. Are there gonna be bugs? You better believe in. In the game industry, we refer to these as known shippable. That mean's we're aware of the bug and when intend to fix it later. Does every bug get fixed? Of course not.

My whole point in my rambling is this: Be the doer. Don't whine about what you can't control. Adapt, evolve and learn. What does whining really accomplish? Resentment and negative feelings. Does starting over suck? Yes it does. Are some of you going to have to do it? It definitely sounds like it. So what are you gonna do? Are you gonna mope and bitch about it or are you gonna gear up, grab your pike and crossbow, and go seize the day. You've learned so much over the few months, some of us had even played for years. Are you gonna be the wise ol' badass helping out your server or are you gonna be some bitter old vet droning on about the glory days of yesteryear?

Interesting insight, but the reality that the majority face is that wherever home server you are from - being the main one that you started on or stuck with for months, even the past year or so - may simply just not care. Unless you're intermingled with the set alpha, they'll basically cast you aside as just another player to stomp out as you try to help them, along with dealing with the infinite amount of trolls that frequent every official server. I agree with moving on, but I can't come to terms with the idea of wasting time helping those who will forever view you as an untrustworthy foe in this sea of destructive insiders.

A nice thought, however. 

I don't complain about what happens, i'm OK with that, it's the delay of communication and the lack of pre planning involved, were they drunk one night and said "SCREW IT, LETS RELEASE AUGUST 8" woke up and then they were like .... well i said i don't do well with tequila.

So lets pretend they never had August 8 as the release date. Let's pretend that the 29th was and will always be the only release date.. even though they announced it at the start of August, it took them until the 23rd to get into the nitty gritty of when servers are predicted to actually be released. Let's not forget the purge list (which i understand and have no interest in) was meant to come out on the Tuesday, and then they're like sorry its actually going to come out on the Wednesday, AND THEN they only released it Thursday morning at 12:30am (ET which is what we go by because that's the timezone produced for everything including when the servers come up). You might say, well buddy that's only 30 minutes late. I understand they have pressing issues to tackle. But never have i seen so many, We'll tell you tomorrow, and by tomorrow we mean the endless cycle of tomorrows as it will always be today. ><

I'm a stickler for punctuality and not only are they not punctual, they don't really prioritize time management.

For example in the digest the questions above and below my post was replied to, but not mine, and mine was just an ETA on when we'd know the release time exactly... they not only flat out ignored that question (That was a pressing question, as it was under 2 weeks to release) they answered questions that are based on events and updates months away.
When i pointed this out, not only did i get a warning for "Hijacking a post" they didn't even give a complementary, we've read your question and will be releasing that information next week.

I love ark, I just wish they'd try harder on their customer service side of things.

2 hours ago, Masurao said:

Interesting insight, but the reality that the majority face is that wherever home server you are from - being the main one that you started on or stuck with for months, even the past year or so - may simply just not care. Unless you're intermingled with the set alpha, they'll basically cast you aside as just another player to stomp out as you try to help them, along with dealing with the infinite amount of trolls that frequent every official server. I agree with moving on, but I can't come to terms with the idea of wasting time helping those who will forever view you as an untrustworthy foe in this sea of destructive insiders.

A nice thought, however. 

We crushed the alpha on our server. Several of the beta tribes, mine included, overran them. I won't work with people I don't trust. And they're definitely not allowed in the base.

2 hours ago, ArkDoneRight said:

I'm a stickler for punctuality and not only are they not punctual, they don't really prioritize time management.

I love ark, I just wish they'd try harder on their customer service side of things.

Punctuality and game development don't go hand in hand. And I agree on the customer service side. It will be interesting to see what they have learned during EA.

the ark community is just bitter by now,  there is only so much abuse and lies a community can take before the mood turns sour, this is just the lastest FU from wildcard towards the playerbase, what you see is just the "natural" reaction in a enviroment where many still hope for the best and get disappointed over and over and over and over again....

Archived