New servers - A cry for an ORP cluster

Gugolas

Hi everyone :D

My question is simple - will we get a new ORP cluster on release? We don't know how the new servers will be allocated yet, and that is scaring us a lot because we fear the devs might forget about us, about those servers.

We have an healty community and a lot of other players interested in OfflineRaidProtection, for different reasons: you experience a lot more PvP against online opponents, it is real-life friendly (I can go away for a weekend and come back knowing that I didn't lose all of my Ark progress) and it is friendly to smaller tribes. You don't have to be in a megatribe with people from allover the world to enjoy PvP on an ORP server, because you can sleep at night even if you play only with your IRL friends. That is why official ORP has a huge potential and has always had its fair share of success even if it has always been pretty small in terms of servers.

So here we are, with some servers getting wiped and a lot new servers opening up on release: can we get an ORP cluster too? Would it be too much to ask for Ragnarok too, since everybody seems to love that beautiful map but we never got it on the old cluster?

I hope we can get a definitive answer on this thread - afterall servers will start releasing in less than 3 days so I guess someone has a clue on this matter and if not, I hope maybe I'll raise some awareness.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Thanks for opening that Topic.

A lot of players are about to quit ARK becuase of 6/8 ORP- Servers getting wiped, only one Island - one SE Server will be left on release Day. Which will no longer get Community Support aswell, and might be wiped with the next Server "reorganisation" aswell.

Though, alot of us are still in contact and really want to get started on OFFICIAL - ORP Servers again.

Noone of us wants to get started on "PvP" Servers, as a lot of us have to work / go to School or simply can't be online because of IRL reasons .

We just want to have fun, and not realize, that the base with all you worked for, the previous weeks, were wiped, while you were at work / school / holiday and had no chance to defend.

@Jen, @Jat, @Casanova

I would really appreciate an reply to that topic - just a simple YES or NO, so that we all at least know,

:Jerbcry:

5 minutes ago, mircoct said:

Ah yes.. Right now only cause it will wipped, but with 20-25player isnt lo pop.. I think that the devs dont want Server with orp :( and this is sad.. 

They probably applied a different criteria or measured the players on NA peak times while it was an EU cluster or made some calculations we don't know of, or maybe they just measured activity the day before the announcement, when nobody was playing because we were waiting for it, or whatever (the SE were low pop servers, the island ones no, but it doesn't matter).

All of this doesn't matter anyway,  because this thread is about the future, not the past :)

Dear Wildcard, 

Please listen to the spread word of having an orp cluster. In the long run it will be the most valuable mod cause it is as already said real-life friendly and not taken down from mega tribes which are coming to servers and wipe all for no reasons. Not defendable at all. 

If you think about and in my opinion you should see this straight away ORP is the mod keeps your game alive. If you want a game where people never can get endgamestuff (just few players) your game and what you did will be for a low pop of people and the others will stop playing if they been raided all time when they log back in. Already happen.

Could not be that hard to add an orp cluster. 

To all people supporting an orp mod. Spread the words on all forums and lets hope they will listen

regards

@Jat

@Jeremy Stieglitz

@Wildcard QA

@Gugolas

Yep, we want our ORP servers. You legit are imbeciles for removing 6 out of 8 of our servers. And if you devs actually put a few minutes into reading the bazillion of comments about ORP bugs and fixes it would be the best mode of PvP out there(for working players). I mean seriously 8 servers,. thats all we got, we didnt even have ragnarok OR the center and we BARELY got Scorched Earth because you doofuses forgot about us.

So yes, BRING US ORP SERVERS!

So they basically have slapped alot of the ORP server players right in the mush, if they think they can squeeze that many players into 2 servers then they are as deluded as trump, people play on those servers for a dammed good reason, ya know like work, life and such and to just wipe 6 out of the 8 servers is just pathetic. the devs dont like to read our comments becasue they are big baby ostriches............ they should listen to peoples suggestions and learn from it........ 

O.oO.oO.oO.o I have no words for everything... it´s really annoying to hear that the orp Server get deleted after i spent 800 hours in 3 Month on the server.
I can´t play Ark without  Orp .... like the other Guys already said: 

I can go away for a weekend and come back knowing that I didn't lose all of my Ark progress !!!!!! I have sometimes a real life and thats why  I love the ORP Server.

So if you think about a new ORP Cluster, please.... don´t forget the other Maps ( Rangnarok is atm my fav. ) it´s really boring to play on Island anymore. The Map is
to small for everything.

And yes, if you don´t bring us new Orp server,  i will stop playing Ark ;) I supported you guys since the first day, so i hope for you,  you dont forget us :)

1 hour ago, Booostar said:

Dear Wildcard, 

Please listen to the spread word of having an orp cluster. In the long run it will be the most valuable mod cause it is as already said real-life friendly and not taken down from mega tribes which are coming to servers and wipe all for no reasons. Not defendable at all. 

If you think about and in my opinion you should see this straight away ORP is the mod keeps your game alive. If you want a game where people never can get endgamestuff (just few players) your game and what you did will be for a low pop of people and the others will stop playing if they been raided all time when they log back in. Already happen.

Could not be that hard to add an orp cluster. 

To all people supporting an orp mod. Spread the words on all forums and lets hope they will listen

regards

@Jat

@Jeremy Stieglitz

@Wildcard QA

@Gugolas

I completely share you opinion. And I am glad I see people supporting our beloved ORP here on the forums :)

Hopefully the devs will remember us and give us a new cluster.

2 hours ago, Maja said:

Agreed.  New cluster, 3-4 servers each map, Island, Center, Ragnarok and SE. 

But before that, make rafts decay like normal structures. Rafts were everywhere!

Gotta agree with everyone replying. Also, our servers weren't low pop. But I don't mind them being taken down as they were dominated... At least some of them dominated by dupers and exploiters. Starting from 0 on the new cluster will give us all an equal start. Many people don't know about orp servers as there was only 8 of them, 4 where people actually played and 200+ regular servers which were making orp servers appear "invisible" in that entire list. I've seen people say things like that they wish the game had some kind of protection features where you can leave the game for a few days and come back to your place still standing.

Those are the people who don't know about ORP servers. If everyone knew, the servers would be full all the time. All of the people who join our pro servers never go back to the regular servers. 

This should have been a great official mod, for all the reason stated above, but somehow it didn't get the attention and promotion it deserved from WC's team. Yeah, there are problems with ORP, like building with alt tribes invulnerable defences or storages for dinos, dinos that never despawn, rafts that don't decay, pvp timer being to small to actually raid anything and many others, but still, if the devs listened to the community's suggestions (there are other threads about this, on the forums and on reedit), most of these can be fixed. 

I played on regular pvp servers before and after being wiped by a whim of the alphas there i saw no reason to play ARK anymore, as it seemed total inbalanced towards solo or few man tribes (see my first post about this) but a friend convinced me to try the ORP cluster, as at least here we had a chance to actually enjoy the game and not lose everything we had so easy. Almost one year later i am one of the leaders of 1 of the 2 major alliances that waged war on the 8 ORP servers and i wouldn't want to go to "normal" ones ever again. All of us would have appreciated to get the Center and Ragnarok maps but that wasn't the case, and now from 8 servers we are left with only 2. Is true, the SE's were underpopulated, but that can't be said about the island ones, who were definetly not in the 33% of low activity. 

I know what it means to wait for a ticket for weeks, to document and report abuses and see almost nothing done, but the latest decisions of Wildcard left a bitter taste, leaving us 5 days to transfer instead of the promised 30 and no support even if we were promised one in the past. I know that telling the truth will cost you players, as if you did that regarding the "Great Migration" the player base would have dropped and found other gaming interests instead of hoping you will respect the promises made to your customers. That being said, could you AT LEAST NOW provide an answer about the future of ORP, if you will support this in the future and if yes, will you provide new content, more servers, fix the bugs/abuses plaguing it and all the resonable requests made over time by all of us here? It is the minimum of decency you honor this request, no matter what the response might be...

Archived