Life Span of the Legacy Servers

M4Millican

Wildcard,

On behalf of the large portion of the player base that has chosen to continue to play on the Legacy Servers. Will 33% of Legacy servers be getting deleted every three months? Also, is the goal eventually to delete all of the Legacy servers? It seems like that is the case with Legacies no longer getting any customer support, which seemed to be non-existent anyway.

My tribe has 20+ members and we have put 1000s of hours into our server and base. Although, continuing to put time into something that is going to die is pointless. I would just like to get an answer from one of the Developers to see their end game goal for Legacy servers. For example, will it be something that is going to stick around for a few years or is it something they will terminate within a year

Honestly, I really don't feel like it's the "large portion of the player base". You guys just happen to be the overly vocal minority. Everyone that I play with will be abandoning our server for the new officials. Everyone. And our sever isn't even on the deleted list. We're all looking forward to the fresh start and fresh blood.

30 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

The people who are pissed are the ones that duped " oh no we will lose all our stacks of C4 and behemoth gates and countless other duped items!" Its actually gunna be nice and even the PvP playing field and these guys just can't hack it

The people who are pissed are the people that have been lied to that have played this game for over 2 years, there is no sugar coating, they(The Devs!) Lied to Us.

You mentioning pvp and dupe makes me think u were raided and u raged, and u thought they duped it even though they might have even legitematly goten to the c4s, like come on c4 is fckin cheap af

On other hand, not only pvp is being wiped, most pve servers are being wiped too, (not mine but still pissed at their lies and lack of future support)

PS: Yesterday almost all caves on 3 servers I play on have been blocked, obelisk access has been completely walled up support takes 3 weeks at best and seeing as game is released in 3 days Im sure nothing will be done about it, the devs gave us a choice, move to new servers so people dont bitch for a while about duping(even though I'm 100% sure within 1st week someone will dupe( I know cas theyre duping rn and it hasnt been fixed here, unless new servers have no transfer duping will remain as easy as it is now) ) they're leaving out the old players that supported this game for years to wither and die with the servers or lose years of work and start over on newly duped servers, the thing that pisses me off the most( Alpha tribe member of a big alliance fro many different tribes, and casual pve player so not salty bout the game itself but the lies and lack of future support) 

EDIT: I'll repeat again, dont forget most PVE servers are going to be wiped too, dont jump to conclusions

28 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

The people who are pissed are the ones that duped " oh no we will lose all our stacks of C4 and behemoth gates and countless other duped items!" Its actually gunna be nice and even the PvP playing field and these guys just can't hack it

I am hacked off and didn't dupe... So your point ?

I've been hit many a times and still don't care its a damn game the people who have literally thousands of tek behemoths on the other hand are pretty obvious dupers. You can't play for 2 years then moan that you got Raided every time it happens and I'm HOPING they have fixed duping for the new servers otherwise IMO WC are crap at what they do as these new servers are just a second life  for ten so they don't get into trouble ( hence why there's no customer support for legacy servers!)

Just now, Zed38 said:

let you all in on a little secret...

what do you get when a ton of new servers open up that are flooded by disparate older servers players, many of which are super pissed at being forced to move?

Enjoy the new servers everyone! Its going to be worse than any of your current servers ever was :)

My tribe didnt dupe, the key was plenty of people and appointed tasks that everyone does, lets say 5 people get wood 5 people get metal 5 people get stone 5 people make gp etc.
Point is you dont have to dupe to be an alpha, it will be the same, I doubt alot of people would be that pissed off at it(pvp people) I know my entire pvp tribe (well over 70+ people including alliances) are going the the new servers, becoming alpha is easy, its even easier to be wiped out, my pvp tribe has huge bases full tek bases, 6 vaults full of element, over 20 vaults full of metal and an enourmuous ammount of dinos enough to keep crashing my game, new servers will be just like the old ones in matter of days, and people who duped will keep on duping. (There was plenty of chinese tribes will giga's over 2000% melee damage on the server I payed at, however even my tribe was in possesion of 2 1500% BASE damage rex's which they stole from the chinese dupers when they raided them, stole eggs from their fridge :/)

I fail to see however how duping would be stoped, it wouldnt, it'd be better to have just wiped the pvp servers and declared them new servers, but pve shouldnt have really been touched, if you can still dupe today I doubt that will change in 3 days, whats the worst thing about this new legacy change on pve is that now my servers are cave blocked, obelisk blocked and bases built on top of metal spawns, now that as someone put it " the police is gone" legacy will be purge night 24/7 :/

34 minutes ago, Zed38 said:

let you all in on a little secret...

what do you get when a ton of new servers open up that are flooded by disparate older servers players, many of which are super pissed at being forced to move?

Enjoy the new servers everyone! Its going to be worse than any of your current servers ever was :)

make it troll heaven

make it hell for the new people

make them hear and know tha we, the veterans, are still here

13 hours ago, Klakky said:

The people who are pissed are the people that have been lied to that have played this game for over 2 years, there is no sugar coating, they(The Devs!) Lied to Us.

I've been playing for that long and I'm not pissed.

13 hours ago, Zed38 said:

Wash myself in the blood of my enemies.

No one but the devs can truly answer the question of 'how long will the Legacy Servers last'. It's all speculation until WC actually openly says what their future goals are for them (which really I doubt they'll do). But given they chopped support, I'd say they will eventually die, either from the lack of support, or players refusing to play on them because the players on them ate themselves with hatred towards the devs.

15 hours ago, Jay89 said:

I agree those vets that been playing for over 2 years have been duping also. They were the first to dupe and discover that. So all servers should be wiped. So we can get a fair start. :)

6 hours ago, GoogleMeDBZ said:

I agree those vets that been playing for over 2 years have been duping also. They were the first to dupe and discover that. So all servers should be wiped. So we can get a fair start. :)

Not every alpha tribe dupes, just because you get raided doesnt mean they hack, I bet u cant handle your servers alpha and ur trying to become one :P

8 hours ago, StormLord said:

I've been playing for that long and I'm not pissed.

Wash myself in the blood of my enemies.

If ur playing pvp ur ok with wiping(lets face it everyone was raided at least once so we got mostly used to it) however on pve its more about breeding, getting rare mutations, and years of work being wiped just because the devs cant(or wont) completely stop duping, on side note however I'm preety sure duped items get wiped on server restart
EDIT: Considering the devs had recently lied numerous times, even if they say legacy wont be wiped anymore, can we really trust them anymore?

24 minutes ago, Klakky said:

If ur playing pvp ur ok with wiping(lets face it everyone was raided at least once so we got mostly used to it) however on pve its more about breeding, getting rare mutations, and years of work being wiped just because the devs cant(or wont) completely stop duping, on side note however I'm preety sure duped items get wiped on server restart
EDIT: Considering the devs had recently lied numerous times, even if they say legacy wont be wiped anymore, can we really trust them anymore?

That's not entirely true. We have one guy that all he does in breed badass god-level thylas. He's at the point know that's he's just breeding them to get colors now. It's all in how you want to spend your time if you're able to get into a good community.

11 minutes ago, StormLord said:

That's not entirely true. We have one guy that all he does in breed badass god-level thylas. He's at the point know that's he's just breeding them to get colors now. It's all in how you want to spend your time if you're able to get into a good community.

Well main part of playing pvp is, well to pvp, and main part to pve is taming/breeding without a pvp part of the game(other than constant griefing) I'm not saying roles cant be reversed(pve has tribe wars that tribes must agree on, in pvp there may be a server where no one pvp's)

10 hours ago, Thul said:

All old servers will be deleted with a year to half year max. Lucky they did not delete all of them already with all the cheating dupers.

Lucky? i'd rather they wipe us all at the same time. I can move on to another game, I hear 7 Days to Die got some pretty good updates that makes me feel its a worthy buy. No dirt on Ark, It's been a great 2 years and I still think it's a great game with as many positives as its objective cons and WC had my money ages ago, but to be frank, the only thing anchoring me down is the community in my legacy server and the work and memories I have amassed. It get's so much easier in my conscience when somebody else exerts the wipe on my pve, and you may call it selfish and petty (won't argue, it is), but my psyche is going "if I'm going I'm taking everybody else with me!" Somebody told me to just move my stuff in a marked for death server a little earlier, doesn't work for me because I would have given a hand in my own demise by doing the laborious process of transferring same. If my server get's marked for deletion in the next few months, I probably wont bother transferring to another soon to be dead legacy server though. Just my coin in the well, not asking other people to adopt my views but I suppose I just wanted to share for intrigue. 

On 8/26/2017 at 7:15 PM, StormLord said:

Honestly, I really don't feel like it's the "large portion of the player base". You guys just happen to be the overly vocal minority. Everyone that I play with will be abandoning our server for the new officials. Everyone. And our sever isn't even on the deleted list. We're all looking forward to the fresh start and fresh blood.

'overly vocal minority' wow ok champ i guess ALLLL these upset people are just a 'minority' of loudmouths and should be ignored , no offence bud but we dont all have endless hours to play videogames and for the enormous time we have invested to be flushed away  just feels like a low blow, if there intention is to choke legacy to death they should have just wiped it all  and been done with it and not waste our damn time , you say "everyone you play with will be moving" well most the people "i play with" are already deleting the game because they feel so let down and its honestly pretty disheartening :Jerbmad:

6 hours ago, Klakky said:

Not every alpha tribe dupes, just because you get raided doesnt mean they hack, I bet u cant handle your servers alpha and ur trying to become one :P

im not mad about dupers just stating because the MAJORITY DUPES all servers should be wiped. Enjoy your wipe :) I know your mad about it lmao

Archived