Top five dinos you aim-to-tame at launch? :)

Espresso

With the launch of the new servers, I am currently laying out a game plan in my head of what dinos I want to tame and I'm curious what others had in mind. This could vary based on the person; whether you prioritize building to level up and add structures to your land (weight and gatherer dino priority) or you prioritize meat and berry farming for baby raising (because you need those mutation otters), or even a mix of both.  I'm starting off with a few other people so I'll be able to focus more on the taming and gathering while others build, but my top five (in no particular order) would be: 

• Megaloceros: Level 30 saddle, thatch gatherer and they're super duper cute + easy to tame with bolas
  • Equus: Level 20 saddle, portable mortar and pestle with 300 slots....will be SUPER nice when you need to make all of those narcotics (I want to set up an SE outpost for even faster meat spoilage!) just gotta get crop plot at level 15 and immediately put down carrots so that I can tame them asap!
  • Mammoth: Level 31 saddle, effective wood and berry gatherer (until I get a better berry gatherer with higher base weight like a bronto or even a delicate-weight combo therizino)
  • Doedicurus: Level 34 saddle, gathers stone with weight reduction for not only easier building but crafting stone structures is incredible for experience, I already have a perfect rock zone in mind for them
  • Griffin: No saddle, incredible for the beginning levels if you can secure the arrows + narcotics---I already have an idea of how to get a few of them somewhere near the start :)

Most of my dinos require between level 30-40, which isn't hard to reach with crafting :)I just had to include my gatherers of choice since I love farming (yet rot at building), but after those are obtained I will have quite a different list of priority tames ^^

So what are your selected dinos you will prioritize and why?  Lemme know! :Jerblove:

Well, I won't be starting anything new once launch hits, but I do have some suggestions.

Tyrannosaurus: Can take down almost every threat, and easy to tame.

Ankylosaurus: Gathering metal...yeah.

Iguanodon: Very good travel mount, plus it can harvest berries like no one's business.

Argentavis: Very cool birds with decent stats, and they're relatively easy to tame. 

Baryonyx: Probably one of the most underrated tames. They're powerful, fast, great swimmers, and they can jump, all while healing themselves on fish meat.

Argentavis: An amazing tanking scout built and raised properly. A high level warbird can enable you to scout and raid crap bases with ease.

Anklyosaurus: Metal and spark powder ingredients? Yes please.

Doedicurus: Stone for days.

Tyrannosaurs: Rule of cool, plus they destroy before you can get your giga going.

Turtles: Because I intend to raid more than I have been.

7 hours ago, StormLord said:

Argentavis: An amazing tanking scout built and raised properly. A high level warbird can enable you to scout and raid crap bases with ease.

Anklyosaurus: Metal and spark powder ingredients? Yes please.

Doedicurus: Stone for days.

Tyrannosaurs: Rule of cool, plus they destroy before you can get your giga going.

Turtles: Because I intend to raid more than I have been.

Turtles are not worth anything with the new turret buff, u will get instantly shot off now with the Survivor Only setting.

I would recommend the stego. Asc saddle unnerfed, Great breeding cycle, and the hitbox protects u even on the new turret settings. so u can keep on draining like before.

For me the top 5 utilities to tame are

Anky, Quetz, Rex, Doedic, Theri

followed closely by a Beaver/Thorny.

To tame those though you almost have to tame 3 dilo's, 3 scorpions, 1 oviraptor, 2 megalosaurus' (which yay for that, lol). So perhaps waiting on the Theri and taming 3 raptor's so you can tame a Mammoth makes more sense. 

4 hours ago, Zubsero said:

Turtles are not worth anything with the new turret buff, u will get instantly shot off now with the Survivor Only setting.

I would recommend the stego. Asc saddle unnerfed, Great breeding cycle, and the hitbox protects u even on the new turret settings. so u can keep on draining like before.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd stego gets nerfed lol

They are so slow though. 

Just now, raptorjesus666 said:

mantis not that hard to get, deathworms are not hard

even a lvl 120 rex can take on a deathworm

any rex with more then 5k health and 400% melee can take on a deathworm.

wanna bet that within a week i have a mantis?

Why would you want a mantis within a week, when you can get all the resources with the best dino that can harvest it? I meant that a Mantis is not priority number one, and I think this thread is about day 1 dinos, or day 2.

1 minute ago, Megar said:

Why would you want a mantis within a week, when you can get all the resources with the best dino that can harvest it? I meant that a Mantis is not priority number one, and I think this thread is about day 1 dinos, or day 2.

a good mantis with good pickaxes outperforms ankylo

so your point is?

also point me out where it says day 1. it says priority.

a mantis is one of the best tames it is, because it replaces a big amount of dinos

the equivalent for mantis are megatherium or theri, goodluck finding a theri in scorched earth

39 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

a good mantis with good pickaxes outperforms ankylo

so your point is?

also point me out where it says day 1. it says priority.

a mantis is one of the best tames it is, because it replaces a big amount of dinos

the equivalent for mantis are megatherium or theri, goodluck finding a theri in scorched earth

Okay dude, we're all farming with Ankys because we're all stupid and we don't know about the Mantis, sorry you're perfect as the Mantis is.

Mantis > Giga, Mantis > Rexes, Mantis > Therizinos, Mantis > Daeodons, Mantis > Yutys, Mantis > Quetzes, Mantis > Stegos, I love how Mantis is one of the best tames.

2 hours ago, Megar said:

Okay dude, we're all farming with Ankys because we're all stupid and we don't know about the Mantis, sorry you're perfect as the Mantis is.

Mantis > Giga, Mantis > Rexes, Mantis > Therizinos, Mantis > Daeodons, Mantis > Yutys, Mantis > Quetzes, Mantis > Stegos, I love how Mantis is one of the best tames.

nice passive aggressive behaviour right there

you might want to run numbers in a spreadsheet and test the results for yourself since you arev too stubborn to take mine

only reason people use anky is because they are easier to get

did i say "any" mantis? no, but once you start going 330+ base damage, and lvl it to 450 or above, and you have a nice pickaxe you'll see that mantis is better then ankylo

i doubt you have those, so you can't even compare yet you try to make fun off me

everyone nowadays have 380 ankylos because they are dirt cheap

the sheep need a herder.

9 hours ago, Zubsero said:

Thanks. I've only done large scale raiding and minimal solo raiding, and I'd like to get better at the solo raids.

Archived