Shadlos

Chill. Yourself. (I say this because I saw your posts last night before I went to bed but couldn't post...to which it seems the site might have either bugged up, or you removed those posts)

I'm happy you're liking this, I truly am, but I can't always just push some stuff out. Granted, I haven't had the time to write, and I plan to keep writing in RWBY's ARK until I get to a certain point, then stop. I've got school, work, another RWBY fanfiction, and a crossover fanfiction game on RPG maker VX ace i'm trying to juggle at the same time. As such, once I get to the part on RWBY's ARK i'm trying, i'm going to end up taking a break from writing it at least for as long as a week while I work on other projects. I'm sorry, but that's just how I roll, dude. Plus, then it might be even longer if I can't contact Frost for reading sessions (which, in turn, gives me even MORE writing time).

Regardless, once we reach a certain endpoint, RWBY's ARK will receive no new updates for a considerable amount of time. Just a heads up.

-Chapter 6-

SCATTER!” I scream, and we all run in different directions just as the Therizinosaur slashes at where I once stood. It turns around, and eyes the closest person – Yang, before charging her down, slashing it's claws wildly. Yang can't even give it a moment's notice, she's forced to run. If she stops in the slightest way, it'll be on top of her. If she pulls out her bow and turns around to fire, she could trip. Quickly stringing my bow's string with an arrow, I aim at it's small head and fire. The arrow hits the back of it's head, and it's immediately turning my way, only to suddenly have it's face hit by arrows from Weiss and Blake. Blake's gotten higher ground by standing in the branches of a nearby tree at the edge of the forest, and Weiss is a ways on the other side of her, shooting from the base of palm tree. None of us are focusing on the strength of the shots, just getting the damn thing off of Yang. We must have pumped at least five arrows from each of us in about five seconds before the damn thing decides to finally charge one of us instead of flailing wildly at it's face, thinking there's an invisible assailant hitting it. It charges right at Weiss...and I feel bad for her that I have to use the opportunity of when it's attacking her to actually make any shots. Blake and I manage to pump 5 more arrows into the damn thing before it's on top of Weiss, who barely dodges it's vicious arm swipe, which cuts down the palm tree in half. Luckily, it doesn't get the chance to attack again as the palm tree falls on top of it, and it struggles to free itself, giving Weiss the opportunity to gain distance, before turning around and resuming fire once again. Yang's pulled out her own bow now and has started a cautious advance as she fires, to make sure her shots actually hit. In it's rage, the Therizinosaurus bends the tree at it's roots, tilting it one direction, before it finally throws the fallen portion off of itself. It roars and tries to focus on something to take it's ungodly rage out on...the next thing it feels is an arrow from Blake, and it charges her way. Blake leaps back into the shadow of the forest that she can use within our forced battlefield, as the Therizinosaur begins to start wildly slashing down every tree as it still takes shots from Blake, until she suddenly leaps from the shadows, spear-in-hand, and stabs it in the head. It reels back from this as she rebounds from the strike, taking out her hatchets, and doing a horizontal spin on a tilted axis, slashing down the back of it's neck and it's back. The Therizinosaur buckles forwards from the pain, only to quickly turn around to face Blake as she lands, ripping her spear out of it's head, and throwing it her way, before charging. Blake actually catches the spear mid-flight and begins running away, towards the center of our “arena” with the ungodly creature hot on her heels. Once again, the rest of us are firing at the Therizinosaurus to it's annoyance. In it's primal rage, it once again begins to start slashing wildly around itself, thinking there to be an invisible assailant. I reach back for another stone arrow...i don't have any more. All I've got are tranq arrows, and something unholy in my gut tells me there's no way this thing can be tamed, or even put down with sedatives. “I'm out!” I shriek, before suddenly I hear Blake's voice “I am too!” she responds. C'mon Ruby, think girl....that might work! “YANG! WEISS! KEEP HITTING IT!” I shriek, and I quickly take out a spear. “Blake!” I call “Ladybug!”

They get what I'm trying to say. Yang and Weiss keep hitting the foe with the arrows they have, and Blake takes our her hatchets. Just like we've done in Remnant, Blake and I fly at the heels of our attacker at blinding speed, slashing at it's ankles again and again. The Therizinosaurus doesn't know what to do, it's taking shots and hits from what feels to be everywhere. I can't tell how much blood is on me from slashing at the dinosaur again and again, but it doesn't bother me too much, my adrenaline is pumping profusely. Suddenly, I hear the Therizinosaur's booming roar, and-! It takes a step back, and I feel it's hand behind me! It suddenly smashes Blake and me together between it's hands, lifts us up, shifts us to it's right hand, and throws us a great distance away. I rag doll from the impact of landing alongside Blake, and I can't move at first due to the pain...there's extreme pain in my nose, and blood coming from Blake's forehead. Was that technique even worth it? I hear Yang scream my name as I hit the dirt, and the Therizinosaur charges back at us while we're down. I lift myself up just in time to see Yang flying at the creature with a spear-in-hand, and stabbing the creature in it's side. From her juggernaut charge, she embeds a full fourth of the spear within it's side. It has a rage-induced reflex, whirling around and slashing at Yang with it's left arm as she backflips out of the way...just as she's in the height of the flip, the creature's claws slash right under her head...cutting off a full fourth of Yang's total hair length. The Therizinosaur is distracted by shots from Weiss, and turns to roar at her. Yang lands, and feels her hair, before seeing a cloud of her beloved locks fall to the ground. She...she...damn. She immediately explodes into her full semblance, eyes red and hair aflame “YOU F***ER!” she roars angrily and...no, she charges directly at it, her anger making her forget she doesn't have any melee weapons of the sort on her. “YANG NO!” I scream, immediately onto my feet, as Blake quickly does the same, and I use my own semblance to fly up behind my sister. I grab her sides as I tackle her and go into a spinning, flame-cloaked dive with her as we fly under the Therizinosaur's body and between it's legs, dodging a brutal attack it prepared for her, and flying out between it's right leg and tail. I land onto my feet with my sister, who looks at me briefly “Dammit, thank you!” she says, with a mix of anger, yet sincere thankfulness within her voice. I'm scanning the area....suddenly I've got another idea. “Blake! Weiss! Keep it distracted! Yang! Try muscling the severed palm tree to lean our way instead!”

They all get what I've got planning. Yang shakes her head “i swear to god if that doesn't work...”, before running off. “I'm almost out over here!” Weiss says, and I quickly catch up to my sister, who still runs towards the palm tree. “Gimme your arrows!” I say, and she quickly grabs the remaining bundle of stone arrows from her back and hands them to me. Blake does the only thing she can – a terrible idea in the first place – but she runs right up to the Therizinosaurus, and waving her hatchets at it. Instinctively, it quickly bends down and slashes at her, and she leaves behind a copy of herself to take the hit. Confused, the Therizinosaur pauses for a moment as Blake suddenly rushes underneath it and starts slashing wildly with her two hatchets, cutting it up in a frenzy from beneath. It roars and steps back, trying to slash at her again, only to destroy yet another decoy. Blake keeps up this hit-and-run tactic, as I fly over to Weiss with my semblance, quickly dropping the arrows I've got from Yang into the right spot on her quiver, but leaving myself with one. I've got my own plan at the same time. I fly around the opposite direction of our assailant, and now I'm standing in front of a large rock. Yang's grabbed the tree by now, and using her semblance-empowered strength, she starts trying to muscle the tree to the angle we want it, without breaking it even more. Weiss continues her assault, as does Blake, but I know Blake can't keep that up forever. Using the one stone arrow, I string my bow with it, adrenaline in my veins. I pull back the bow's string as far as I can, and I can feel the weight bending under the pressure. “HEY UGLY!” I roar, before firing the one shot I can. The arrow flies towards it's intended target...empty space...but I've done a little something snipers like me like to call...leading the target. The Therizinosaur's head, as it flails about from Blake and Weiss...gets directly where I anticipated it to be. My arrow lodges within it's right eye, and this stops it's flailing cold. It stumbles forwards, before looking the direction the attack came from, locking rage-filled eyes with mine. “THAT'S RIGHT! YOU!” I scream, jumping up and down, flailing my arms “OVER HERE, FLUFFY!”. Immediately, it roars and charges right at me...but I don't move. The others don't get it. Why aren't I moving?... I know why I'm not moving, and that's all that matters. Weiss quickly starts trying to pelt it in the back with arrows to get it off of me, sending three shots into it's back...but it keeps coming. I'm still not moving, and it's right on top of me, arms spread wide, ready to cut me in half...but, at the last possible minute, I use my semblance dodge out of the way, dodging underneath it again, and the full force of it's attack is taken by...the rock. Immediately, It's claws snap upon force of the impact, all at various lengths...all under half length, though, and one is even torn completely off, severing right off of it's root to the bones in it's finger on it's left hand. It roars in immense pain from this as I fly towards Weiss and Blake. “GREAT job!!” Blake says, now seeing that my attempt to try and “disarm” the Therizinosaur was successful in and of itself. The creature itself turns towards us, very angry it's weapons have been destroyed, and charges at us...and like I thought, it's forgotten about Yang. The three of us dodge it's attack as we dash around behind it, forcing it's back to Yang...who, having been unable to bend the tree the right way, freaking tears it out of the ground by it's roots, and holds it with both hands like a massive spear. I step back using my semblance once again, to seemingly disappear from Weiss and Blake, but the Therizinosaur is still just angry as hell, only roaring angrily at them, as if trying to re-gain some stamina. I look towards my sister, and she nods at me...we're ready. I've got to gain enough momentum. Yang starts running up from behind the foe, and using my semblance, I run in a wide arc intended to gain momentum and get right behind Yang...Yang leaps just as get behind her and grab her...together, we turn into a spiraling, living missile headed straight for the unsuspecting Therizinosaurus...It rears up and roars at Weiss and Blake...and we send the tree trunk straight through it's back – it's spinal cord – as it also sticks out from it's stomach. It roars in immense pain from this and topples forwards, tree trunk embedding and nailing it to the ground. Yang and I land by Weiss and Blake... “Holy s***...” Yang said “That...actually worked...” she says, looking at me with a face of exhaustion, but satisfaction. Weiss suddenly steps back “Uh...guys...no it didn't.”

We turn. Sure enough...it's still alive?! It's trying as hard as it can to pull itself out of the ground and rip the tree from itself. What do we do now?...Suddenly, I get an idea. “Hey!” I say “Remember the food fight back in the cafeteria with Team JNPR?”

What does that have to do with anything?!” Blake demands. I smirk “My last move. How about we do a little...on-fire version of that?”

...they get what I'm aiming for. Blake, Yang, and Weiss dash to the side as I use my semblance, once again, and start running in a circle as fast as I can....sure enough, I manage to whip up a tornado which begins to pick up all kinds of debris: rocks, sticks, leaves, everything. Yang steps back and looks at Weiss. “Heh...I swear to god if you do this, I'm never going to stop laughing about this when I'm in a lighter mood.” she says to Weiss with a smug, but angry, yet confident look. Weiss shoots her the same face “Heh...neither will I, probably.” she replies. Weiss holds a spear similar to her weapon, and tries to focus...soon enough, a small glyph appears behind Yang's head...manipulating the fire in her hair. Blake turns towards the cyclone I've created. “RUBY! NOW!” she roars. Instinctively, I stop running, sending the column of swirling debris the Therizinosaur's way. Weiss sends the fire towards the cyclone, and the entire thing catches flame. It flies towards the Therizinosaurus, who roars, before it's engulfed by the flame-cloaked vortex. Soon, there's nothing but a smoldering cloud of smoke left. I sigh, walking over to the others...they're just as exhausted as I am. We...impaled that thing with a tree...shot a flaming vortex with flaming debris in it at it...broke off it's damn claws...it's definitely dead, for sure. We're looking at each other, huffing in exhaustion from the fight...but confident in ourselves...until we hear the sound of something shifting within the smoke. It...it can't be, can it?! We turn, and as the smoke settles...we see the shape of the Therizinosaur...with the roots of the tree burned off, it suddenly rips itself free of the tree with an enraged roar, grabbing the tree, tearing it from the earth, and throwing it at us like a colossal spear. We barely dodge out of the way as the tree flies at us, embedding itself into the ground like a giant spear, shaking the earth. The Therizinosaur stands there for a few moments, definitely exhausted from this fight, and greatly wounded. It's burned, bloodied, and bruised....but alive nonetheless...wait...I've got one more idea. I snatch Weiss's spear from her hands, screaming “Sorry!” as I do so and run towards the Therizinosaurus. I'm...still greatly exhausted from the fight, and using my semblance so much...I feel like I could collapse at any moment. The Therizinosaur tries to slash at me but misses, and I jab the spear into it's left flank, the spear sinks into it's tenderized flesh so easily half the spear embeds itself in it's side. It roars in pain as I run away from it “BLAKE!” I yell “The back of it's head! NOW!”

They immediately understand my newest plan. Blake dashes straight towards the Therizinosaur, which slashes, only to hit a decoy of Blake's again. Blake leaps up, grabbing hold of the spear, and flipping herself up using it, and ripping the spear free of the creature's body at the same time. Blake throws it back to Weiss in her leap, who catches it. Blake soon wraps her legs around the Therizinosaur's neck, hatchets drawn, and starts slashing furiously where it's neck connects to the back of it's head. The Therizinosaur flails wildly as she does so, trying to slash her off, but can't reach her due to it's claw length being reduced. I rush forwards with, of all things, a pickax drawn, and start doing mock-attacks at the creature to get it's attention. Yang and Weiss rush in to do similarly. It's working, as the creature starts focusing on us rather than Blake on it's neck. Blood splatters onto Blake with every slash, as the cut gets deeper and deeper into it's neck...I'm keeping a careful eye on the wound...finally, it gets to a condition I like, before moving on to phase two. “Yang! Blake! Swap out!” I order, adrenaline overstimulating me. Blake leaps off of the Therizinosaur; and, with Weiss's help, Yang gets a boost up onto the Therizinosaur's neck. “Weiss! It's arms!” I order...but, no...she doesn't have her weapon. She can't freeze them to the ground like I expected her to in my adrenaline-fueled rush...but she surprises me. Once again assuming a stance, four black glyphs appear around the Therizinosaur's arms: two above and two directly below. They force the creature's hands to the ground, and the Therizinosaur starts to buck and kick with it's back legs, and Weiss ends up forcing those still as well. The Therizinosaur struggles frantically as it is immobilized, trying to throw Yang off, who's holding on for dear life. “FACE-RIPPER GO NIGHT-NIGHT!” she roars angrily, struggling to get a firm grasp of the creature's head. It's not so much the head is too big, but simply because it's struggling so much, and constantly trying to bite her arm. She reaches out with her left hand as much as she can...finally, she grabs the snout. With a primal roar, Yang tightens her grip on the neck with her legs, tightens her grip on the head, and snaps the creature's neck...which, with the help of the injury Blake made...decapitates the damn thing. It falls to the ground, Yang still on it...this time, it won't get up. I run towards my sister, who's hair extinguishes, and hug her tightly. She does the same...and soon I Blake and Weiss have joined us. We hear a noise, then look above us, to see the invisible dome that trapped us in this location disappear....we're free. We've won...the smiles and laughter coming from us now...we...i don't know how we're smiling and laughing after all this...maybe just nervous stress. Yang puts her forehead on mine and then I instinctively feel pain, and break free of the group. Yang tilts her head at me, looking concerned...before her eyes widen...the others do too. I'm confused at first...and then am suddenly aware of the pain in my face. Quickly, I take out my spyglass and look at my reflection in it's lens...my nose is broken, undoubtedly from when I smashed into Blake...that explains the blood coming out of my nose...I make a scared whine, before slowly grabbing the bridge of my nose, and hesitating. “D...do you want one of us to?...” Yang asks. I shake my head “I...I've got it...” I say, knowing that only I can truly get “ready” for what I'm about to inflict upon myself. I take a few scared huffs, then snap my nose back into place. There's a pop as I yelp in pain...but it's back where it belongs. The three of them walk up to me fairly quickly. “Hey...lemme see what I can do about that.” Weiss says, as the two of us kneel onto the ground. Yang looks back, at the decapitated head of the enemy “...hey...can we keep that as a trophy?” she asks. I smile “Sure, go on ahead if you want...but I...really want those claws back at the rock...especially the whole one.”

You stay here and let Weiss take care of you.” Blake says with a comforting smile. “Let me go get those”. Yang turns to grab the get the creature's head, while Blake goes off to the rock to collect the claws. Weiss pulls out a small piece of hide, just large enough for the bridge of my nose. “Now..i don't know exactly how I'm going to do this, but...it's going to hurt when I touch it, alright?” Weiss says, and I nod. Even with my aura and new healing rate, a broken nose might take a while. She tears a slit in opposite sides of the strip of hide, then starts threading fiber through them. Yang walks back over, but I don't see her with the head in her hands. “You didn't get it?” I ask, seeing her hands empty. She smiles, tapping her implant “Stored away. It said we could put it on a trophy wall-mount - I REALLY want to do that. So how's your nose?”

Still painful.” I say as Yang kneels next to me. Weiss has finished threading the fiber through the slits in the hide. “Alright...” she says “Now, it's gonna hurt because it's pressing your nose to keep it in place, alright?” I nod. “Good. Yang, think you can tie this off snugly back behind Ruby's head?”

Sure. Happy to help.”

Weiss carefully places the strip of hide over my nose, and I ready myself for the pain. She presses it firmly around the bridge of my nose, with the ends of the strip pressing firmly against my face. It stings...but I manage through it. Yang grabs the dangling fibers and begins tying it together behind my hair, sending the straps over my ears. “How do you feel, sis?” she says, pausing before finishing her knot. “Ok, I guess...” I say, my voice altered by the fact my nose is partially closed. Weiss quickly adjusts the strap on my face and Yang re-does her knot. “Any better?” Yang asks, and I give a sigh of relief “much better.” I say, my voice normal again. Blake's now back from the rock, claws packed away in her inventory...except for the full claw, which she carries on her shoulder. “Thought you'd like to take a look at this before I pack it away.” She says, handing me the giant claw. I hold the long, sharp claw within my hands, turning it over once...I'm in awe of what I'm holding. “It...is literally a natural scythe.” I say, before looking up at Blake “Guess it really does deserve that name”.

Yeah...so what are you wanting to do with that?”

I want to turn it into a scythe, duh.” I say. Yang smiles “Build your weapon from scratch...” she says, remembering what I said about re-building our weapons “I don't know about the whole gun-part, but you could definitely make a scythe out of a claw like that.”

That's the plan.” I say “and I have a few ideas floating around in-mind about design, but...nothing concrete.”

You'll figure it out, sis.” Yang says, patting me lightly on the back, and I then pack the claw away in my inventory, as I stand with my team, and walk over to the carcass of the Therizinosaur. We stare at it, unsure of what to do. “Ok...I'm not the only one who doesn't even want to try using any hide or meat from that thing, right?”

No way.”

Nuh-uh.”

Nope.”

So....” I say, just rubbing the back of my head “....just leave it here to rot?”

...yeah.”

I guess.”

Sounds right.”

I'm just about to turn around...but something tells me not to. I eye the carcass...then slowly bring up my implant, and tap it... “It's got an inventory.” I say, somewhat shocked.
“Does it have anything worthwhile?” Weiss asks.
“Some arrows – probably the ones we shot at it – 56 in total...take those back...” I say, putting them into my inventory. “...oh snap, that's good.”

What?” Yang asks. “There's...a sword in here.” I say “it's of...'ramshackle' quality.”

Wait...sword?” Blake asks. I eye the icon the best I can “It's...like a cross between a short-sword and a machete...but yeah, a sword.” I tap it's icon, and then, the sword's suddenly in my free hand. It's hilt comes down around the handle, and the blade itself is similar to that of a machete...it's like a cross between the two, like I said....and it seems...better quality than what could be called “ramshackle” - Much better quality. I hold it out to Blake “You're a sword-wielder.” I say “how does this feel for you?”

She takes it in her hands and holds it by the handle, shaking it carefully a few times. “Well, a quick thing...from what I've been gathering, everything we make standard is of “primitive” tech tier. From what I can establish, Ramshackle is better...so, this is basically a sword in a quality just above what's standard on ARK. As for me...it's a good blade, but...heavier than what I'd like. It's similar to the sheathe of my weapon...but too heavy and bulky.” I turn to Weiss “howabout you?” I ask. Blake turns and hands the blade to Weiss, who holds it in her hand. She then assumes a posture with it as if the machete was her old weapon, trying out the blade. After a couple moments of being in this posture, looking down the blade, Weiss assumes a normal stance. “Like Blake said, it's too heavy for me...too heavy and bulky. I don't know if you saw, but I was having a little bit of trouble holding the blade up in the posture I usually wield my weapon in. Again, like Blake said, it's a nice blade...but too heavy for my style. This isn't an agile blade either of us usually wield. It's more of a...well, it's a sword built more for straight-up brutality rather than speed or the like. That's why it's bulky and heavy.”

Lemme see that then.” Yang requests, and Weiss hands over the sword. Yang nods “heh...better than what I've been using for a bit, anyway. I'll take it.” She hangs the sword on her side using the belt around her waist. I take a moment to look back in the Therizinosaur's inventory and...what? What I see confuses me. “Hey...guys?” I ask.

What?” Weiss asks.

Do...any of you have any idea what 'Super Test Meat' could be?...”

Super what?” Yang asks.
“Test Meat. Super Test Meat.”

...what?”

There's six of them in here.” I say, taking them out, and holding one in my hands. It looks just like standard raw meat. “Although...they don't seem to expire...and...for some reason...I don't think it can be cooked.”

...I think we should keep it for now.” Blake says “if it can't be cooked and doesn't have an expiration date...it's got to have some sort of use. We'll figure it out as we go along. Anything else in there?”

I take one final look. “...Yeah...a note.”

A note?” Weiss asks.

I take the note from the inventory, and then hold it in my hands. It's on a worn piece of paper...but it's definitely legitimate handwriting. I start reading it aloud.

To those it may concern.

If you have this, then you probably killed the damn thing, rather than drive it off like I had to. A s much as I wanted to kill the thing, I had things to do. Listen. My name is-”

I squint trying to make out the name. I can read cursive fine, but...it's too scratched. “I...can't make out a name. It's too illegible” I state, before reading on.

“As you would guess from the name, I am female. You may also know who I am. If you are on Cragg's Island, you know my law: I welcome you, so long as you show no hostility to me...that was for the possibility somebody kills that Therizinosaurus in recent time...which probably didn't happen. You...you're of the Next Generation, aren't you?...ah, you're probably wondering what I mean by that. Let me tell you. If you've killed this Therizinosaurus, you've probably been around enough to find out that there were once humans here before. There were...until things went out of control. I can see what's going to begin already. I've been around on the ARK for many years...trust me, you're going to live here a while. The ARK keeps the appearance youthful and lives long so long as you're healthy and prospering...Cragg's Island is a good place for starting out, isn't it? There's nothing incredibly dangerous here on the land...it's a good place for 'beginners'...that's why I'm grateful I woke up here. You're using the cliffside area, aren't you?...heh. I did too, for my base. If I may recommend, do as I did. Raise up walls in front, but also deeper towards the back. The forest is disguising a fairly large plateau back there, which you can use for extra building space, and also make use of the area below. The rocks disguise it, but the area is entirely flat. It's a good place for extra space and storing smaller aquatic animals: I stored all my larger ones in a pen I built around the Red Obelisk.

Yet, enough with how to build a home for now. You're probably wondering 'what's up with you?'. People call me the Conqueror of Ark for a reason: I figured out how this island works, and by myself, I've prospered so much that I'm on a level many others have to form tribes to make. I found out this island...and they took notice. Not just other people...but the makers of the ARK. Yes, I've seen them. They're...strange creatures...but familiar...not to far off from ourselves...I guess that explains the Ark Armageddon...that's what people are calling what's going on now. The race...the viewed themselves as ecological protectors, taking creatures from our planet's past to this place...but why? Simply put, our planet was the one closest to their own. They don't have one, anymore...in their own carelessness, they let theirs die off. They learned the hard way...then we, sentient beings, emerged, one time in history...they took notice. They began taking us as well...to see if we truly were...or could possibly be, like them. They'd met other races they had warred with...but conquered them all in the process. They were all too...different in some way or another. I can only imagine how lonely they felt. The tests they put us humans through...it was an evolution process. To see if we really were like them...the way humans frequently fought and enslaved each other...the ways at times we'd war with each other...violently killing each other for our own whims...they didn't think there was any way we truly were related...well, surprise surprise. Further testing on their behalf revealed how truly similar we were...we're related by blood. Comparing DNA, our DNA is 97.48% exact to their own. It makes me wonder of our own origins, to be honest. This...this caused a calamity between the race. They didn't find another race of beings like them...as far as they were concerned, they found distant family...that's how the majority of them took it, anyway. Several of them...they were in fierce denial of it. We...we reminded them of themselves in their own dark past. To them, it was like looking in a mirror; and they didn't like the reflection...so they decided to shatter the glass. They started launching Plagues at us. That Therizinosaurus was suffering from such a Plague, called Primal Wrath. It's not a disease...but simply some sort of genetic modification that turns them incredibly powerful and hyper-aggressive. Therizinosaurs are aggressive by nature, but as long as you leave them alone, they're fine with you. As I could guess, this Therizinosaur wasn't that lenient, was it? And let me guess...you got trapped into an arena with it? Typical. Luckily for you, it should be the last of the Primal animals that were released. Plagues came in all kinds...the Primals....and then sometimes actual diseases...there were a lot of different things that would happen. That are happening...at least, to me. I don't wish upon you, regardless of who or what you are, or how you act, what I've been seeing here. A civil war broke out between them...they're killing themselves – and us – off. Their imperial general spoke with me a few days ago. All stored human specimens were destroyed by the group trying to kill us off...I'm mankind's greatest ally with this race as of now...yet I'm powerless to stop anything. The ARK itself...it can't kill us. It's main purpose is to let those within determine who and what survives, and it allows you to thrive or not depending on what those within it have judged. So they tried to get proactive...things are going to hell now and it's causing peaceful tribes to war against one another violently...yet very few aggressors have dared step foot on Cragg's Island due to what I've done...but...even I don't think I can escape the inevitable. Regardless, I am here to help. When you can, head to the Red Obelisk and access the Tribute Terminal. Once there, use 'retrieve tribute data', and use the code 013682. That's my first part of a little helpful care package to help you on your feet, courtesy of myself and those of the other race trying to preserve us...they may end up destroying themselves AND us...the imperial General told me if such a thing happens, the ARK goes into Autonomous Mode, and will start gathering specimens again: that's you. Don't worry about another mass extinction. That wasn't the ARK...so you're safe from that.

I wish you the best of luck on this island, may you heed my advice and receive my help. As far as I'm concerned...you're my allies in this.

-A.L.”

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work! I am sorry to keep pushing u due to excitement and my hobby , and my action lead me to recieve a warning. Looking forward to the next episode, but one thing i want to ask , just leave a reply if u are ok or just ignore it

The story said "they may end up destroying themselves AND us...the imperial General told me if such a thing happens, the ARK goes into Autonomous Mode, and will start gathering specimens again: that's you"(from your story obviously) 

Therefore i want to ask:the one who left the note is dead? Or just hidden somewhere observing their actions?

Finally suggestions(just personal)(dont have to answer, just reading is ok)

I am thinking that they meet with aggresive tribes and making peace with them

Apex predator taming

Titanosaur/giganotosaurus encounter

Accidentally summoning ultimate life forms

Reborn

Sorry for pushing u that much againn

My friend, that, would be telling, and ruining the mystery. :P

-Chapter 7-

I turn towards the others. “...so there was a mass extinction of human life.” I say. “I...guess you were wrong, Blake. We...they did evolve to much.”

...it's not that.” she said. “But...in a way...they...devolved the aliens...” Blake shakes her head. She's obviously stressed out about this. “Does...it bring back too much? All sound too familiar?” I ask. Blake nods. “Damn too familiar, and you know what I'm talking about...but...I can assume they did kill themselves in the end. So...I guess with that being said...we're OK from that.” All of our hearts are heavy knowing what's happened in the past. I shake my head “S...so many...everybody died...” I stutter, still in shock from hearing this. After a fairly lengthy moment of pondering in silence,Yang sighs. “Well...let's just go home for now. We can all take a good night's rest and wake up tomorrow recharged. After all...the night is young. Let's hurry home.” We agree to this, and I tuck the note away into my inventory, as we go back home. Soon enough, our rock comes into sight, and we give a sigh of relief as we approach our home. To our delight, we're greeted by none other than Nightshade, who's up and about, patrolling the general area. He walks on over to us and looks down on us, giving a low growl as if to say “welcome home.” We smile at this as he lowers his head to allow us to pet him. Nightshade's activity has brought over Ember and White Fang, as well. Ember trots right up to me, and I throw my arms around her as she nuzzles and licks me. “Hey there girl!” I say happily. “I've missed you so much too!” I've really needed her affection to help me feel better. I think she knows I have been through a bit today. White Fang seems to know similarly with Blake, and after letting Blake stroke his head a few times, backs up a slight bit, then rears up, putting his front legs over her shoulders. Blake makes an audible “oof” as he does so, barely able to stand with him on top of her, but eagerly accepting his affection. White Fang and Ember soon let go of Blake and I, and we smile at this. “heh...” I say “it's...good to be home, isn't it?”

The others agree with me, and just as we go to turn in for the night, Nightshade stirs. He hears something. We turn around upon hearing it. They...they're big footsteps, whatever they are...and...it sounds like something limping. Whatever it is, it's something big limping...soon, trees in the forest up towards the top of the hill shake, and something begins to emerge...and it's BIG. Bipedal, and dark in coloration...It...it's practically the size of a T-rex. I...for a moment, I swear it...is one...but it's arms are too long, and have three fingers. It's got a mane of what looks like feathers down it's back...and it's heading right for us, dragging it's right leg along the ground. Despite the darkness, I can see the coloration...a blue, white, and black color. Blake takes a step back as we all do, and briefly takes out her spyglass to do a quick examination. “It...it's a Megalosaurus, male, level 45”. She says. “D...didn't A.L say that there wasn't supposed to be anything big here on land?” I stammer. Blake, with a stern look on her face, pulls out her bow. “Yes...but let's not take her word for it quite yet. Let's tame it.”

“Wait, what?” Weiss asks, as the creature limps towards us. “If we tame it,” Blake says “We've got our first big carnivore. We've got enough meat on us. We've all got tranquilizer rounds...and we've got our tames.” I look back. White Fang is growling at the approaching creature, and Nightshade seems ready to pick a fight. Ember's looking into my eyes as if to tell me she's ready to do what's needed. Now I look at Weiss, Blake, and Yang...they're all returning me determined looks. I draw my bow with a tranquilizer arrow now in it's string. “Alright then. Let's not screw this up. I still want to actually get a good night's sleep tonight.”

“I second that...” Weiss says annoyed, stringing her own bow. All of us now stand ready for the creature to attack. It...it's wounded already...there's a large gash in it's right thigh, which has caused it to limp. We can't go too hard on it...but if we let up, it could easily kill us, even in it's wounded state. At the most, it's wound should slow it down. The Megalosaurus stops, and looks up, seeing us. It gives a few exhausted pants, while eyeing us down. It looks to it's wound for a moment...then closes it's eyes, looks forwards...and directly at us. For a moment, there appears to be a leer that shines from it's left eye, before roaring. The way it's looking at us...it's letting us know that despite being wounded...it's gonna fight back. It shifts it's weight on it's feet, staring us down, and the leer seems to once again cross it's left eye. It's challenging us, letting us know one thing: if we screw with it...despite it's weakness...we're gonna have a bad time. Compared to the Primal Therizinosaurus?.....bring it. I give out a whistle, and Nightshade, Ember, and White Fang charge in, as the four of us run up behind and spread out into the field. The Megalosaurus strikes towards our pets, who dodge the attack with ease. They know what we're doing: distract it, don't kill it. I fire an arrow into it's back, and the tranquilizer starts flowing through it's body. Obviously, despite the size, it doesn't cause an immediate effect. The four of us continue to pelt it with arrows as our pets keep it busy. I think we've fired about twenty arrows into it before it swats Nightshade off his feet with it's tail...and charges right at Blake. It's done with our tames, and more focused on us now. It charges right at Blake, claws outstretched. Blake's too tired to use her semblance, and starts strafing to the right after giving another shot. The Megalosaurus lunges at Blake, who dodges out of the way, just as Nightshade slams into it's stronger leg. The Megalosaurus whirls around and shoves Nightshade out of the way, but has lost track of Blake. From how well it's seeing, we immediately assume correctly that it's a nocturnal creature. Next, the Megalosaurus targets Weiss, attempting to charge at her, but it's charge is interrupted when it's wounded leg buckles a moment, loosing momentum, but then keeps charging on. Weiss easily gets out of the way of the violent attack, countering with yet another tranquilizer arrow. Ember leaps up and grabs the Megalosaurus's tail, as it whirls around and retaliates, and she lets go, dropping free and dashing between it's legs. We're sending shots into it, but it's still standing. Dammit, is this even working? Is it another untameable? White Fang does a mock pounce at the Megalosaurus...but it's not faking anything. Right as White Fang turns to run, the Megalosaurus lunges and grabs a hold of White Fang in it's jaws by the back, lifting him up off the ground and proceeding to start gnawing on him. It's a terrifying sight, but Blake is furious. She suddenly charges in, directly at the Megalosaurus, and starts firing into it's face, as White Fang flails frantically from the attack. The Megalosaurus is getting angry with this, but only responds by gnawing more on White Fang, who roars in pain. Suddenly, I hear a noise from somewhere...and it's my sister. She's charging, bow put onto her back, right at the Megalosaurus. She leaps up onto the head of Nightshade, who flicks his head as he rises, boosting her into the air. Yang flies up into the air, then...I see what she's doing. She flies above the Megalosaurus, and at the height of her ascent, readies her right fist, as she then falls directly on top of it's head and punches it dead center. Yang...she doesn't seem to suffer any recoil, but I feel bad for the poor Megalosaurus. It's smashed on the head with such blunt force that it lets go of White Fang, who hastily moves out of the way with Blake right beside him. The Megalosaurus is dazed from the impact...i guess blunt force trauma also adds to Torpor. Makes sense, as far as I can see. Yang pulls out a bow and strings it with a torpor arrow...just as she does this, the Megalosaurus rushes forwards and uppercuts her with it's head, sending her flying. “YANG!” I scream as she flies a good distance, landing onto her back, the wind knocked out of HER this time. The Megalosaurus charges my sister while she's down, mouth wide open. I'm too tired to even try and use a single ounce of my semblance, and my only hope is to give just the right annoying shot to get it's attention back on me. It's right on top of my sister as I pull the string on my bow back. Just then, there's a high-pitched shriek as something bashes the Megalosaurus upside the head. Confused about where it's been hit from, it takes a step back and shakes it's head. W...where did it get hit from?...suddenly, a shadow answers this for me...it's been hit from above. It's the Yi again, as it dives down from above a second time. This time, instead of just doing a drive-bye, it grabs the top of the Megalosaurus's head using it's talons, grabbing it by the feathers on the top of it's head, and actually yanking it's head away from my sister, before letting go. This gets the Megalosaurus's attention. The Yi quickly lands, landing on all fours at first with a slide as it turns towards the Megalosaurus, then fanning out it's wings and roaring the same false roar as earlier. The Megalosaurus isn't exactly impressed, and continues behaving aggressively at it. The Yi continues stamping the ground with it's wings outstretched, giving fake calls to intimidate the Megalosaurus. As those two face each other, Weiss and I run over to my sister as she slowly gets up onto her own feet, and we help her up. She's fine, thankfully. A roar from the Megalosaurus brings us back to their confrontation. The Megalosaurus has only advanced further towards the Yi...who retaliates in an unexpected way. Just as the Megalosaurus gets close to it, the Yi suddenly spits a strange, brief stream of green goop onto the face of the Megalosaurus, who shakes it's head and takes a step back. The Yi does this once again, and the Megalosaurus acts similarly...only now incredibly tired. It takes a few more steps back, making exhausted noises, before collapsing onto it's side. The Yi, which was standing on one foot with it's wings fanned out, flaps it's wings once and stands normally, making a standard call, before it looks at my sister, and runs on over to her, stopping in front of her, Weiss, and I. Yang smiles “heh...I'm alright, thanks.” Yang says, to which the Yi seems relieved for. Blake walks over with White Fang “is he OK?” I quickly ask. She gives a relieved sigh “I'm beyond relieved the saddles also double as armor...it kept him from getting any extensive wounding. He's fine.”

I sigh in relief “that's wonderful.”

“N...not as wonderful as this...” Weiss says, looking at her implant...she's pulled up a screen, and we look at her screen...she's in the survivor profiles and...the..the Yi dossier...it's there. We look up at the Yi, who tilts his head and makes a gobble-like noise at us, before proceeding to lick my face once. I laugh and pet it's head. Weiss starts reading the dossier as we make our way to the Megalosaurus.

Common Name: Yi

Species: Yi wyernis.

Habitat: Unknown, most common sightings are in jungles and mountains.

Locale: Varies

Diet: Omnivore (prefers insects)

Temperament: Docile

-Wild-

Of all of the dinosaurs I've seen on the ARK, none are more amazing and mystifying than Yi wyvernis. While its at-home cousin (Yi qi) is barely a foot long, Yi wyvernis is MUCH larger- slightly larger than the utahraptors of the island!

I presume this is because of Yi's diet. Yi qi are thought to be omnivores; eating fruits, nuts, seeds, insects, and small lizards. Yi wyvernis lives up to this expectation, but seems to prefer insects...specifically, the large insects of the island! While it's thought that Yi qi could only glide, it appears that this Yi's wings have developed to actually carry itself in flight like a pteranodon, although it seems it has to get a running start. Once airborne, it can stay aloft for as long as needed. It will chase down aerial prey like Meganuera, Permithone, and Titanomyrma soldiers; while it will divebomb terrestrial prey like Arthropluera, Pulmonoscorpius, and Titanomyrma drones, attacking with it's vaguely eagle-like feet and sharp teeth. This diet seems to have given Yi qi complete immunity to the insect's toxins, as well as the acidic blood of an arthropluera! However, it appears that it preys upon these deadly animals for more than just preference. Yi are able to incorporate the effects of their victims into a defense mechanism rarely used for offense. They are able to produce a poisonous spit that has properties of Scorpion and Ant venom, and has very slight effects of arthopluera blood. Furthermore, it has a tendency of spitting this in the attacker's face, further giving the spit dilophosaurus-venom effects, blinding and slowing down foes. Despite its exotic, and feathery appearance, Yi wyvernis is actually VERY powerful. It is a shame I cannot get more for study, as these creatures are unimaginably rare, called by many as one of the fabled “Super Rares” of the Island. I'm beyond certain that they thrive on the island, but because of their elusive nature, the entire species is shrouded in mystery.

-Domesticated-

I was only able to do this section because of a close and remarkable friend of mine. It appears that she was able to domesticate one of these unimaginably rare creatures passively, by offering a variety of food (since they are immune to knockout poisons). Not surprisingly, they appear to enjoy scorpion, and arthropluera kibble the most. She's worked very well, willingly, and enthusiastically with me to figure out what this creature is best suited for. The ability to run and fly make it an excellent transportation mount, while it excels in combat (especially against insects), especially with it's poisonous spit. I've got more research on this creature to do, however, so I'll be heading back to her home later on today.”

“Super Rare?” I ask excitedly “Super Rare?! This early for us?! And it can do all that?!”

“Heh, apparently.” Weiss says with a smirk “he's...a literal Dragon. Or...as the dossier says, a literal wyvern. Besides, keeping the homestead pest-free is another good reason to have him for me.”

“That spit though is what intrigues me.” Blake says “Blinding spit with stamina-draining and torpor-inducing properties, having a slightly corrosive nature?...heh, it might as well be breathing fire. Being able to integrate the defenses of it's prey into it's own mechanisms...”

“Hey, wait a sec.” I say. “Do you think the 'close and remarkable friend' in the dossier could have been A.L?”

“Possible.” Blake replies “She said she had a positive, yet imposing rep. The dossier author seems to hold his friend in high regard. I wouldn't be surprised if it was her in the end.”

“Yet, if I may...” Yang asks “What about our name for the new guy?...I think Ruby should get first pick at a name.”

“Me?” I ask “well...he's kinda ours, right?”

“Yes, but...you're the one who he befriended first. What've ya got?”

I pause a moment. “...I like Quru!” I say with a smile.

“Quru?” Weiss asks curiously. “Where'd that come from?”

“I don't know!” I say, still smiling “He...just looks like a Quru to me!”

“Heh...alright then, Quru it is.”

Quru seems to chortle in agreement to this. Now we're at the Megalosaurus. Surprisingly, it hasn't been loosing it's torpor too quickly. It's really out cold. Having collapsed onto it's right side, we can see the full extent of it's leg injury. “...heh, damn son.” Yang says, eyeing the still red wound. “How'd ya get that?”

Blake pauses a moment. “The Kaprosuchus dossier says Kaprosuchus commonly live in the swamp. A.L said large carnivores like him don't show on Cragg's, but likely on the mainland...maybe they were driven here.”

“Who?” I ask.

“White fang and the Megalosaurus.” she replies. “It's obvious White Fang is an albino, and albino creatures often have genetic issues or the like, and sometimes they die off in the wild due to the fact they can't hide from other animals, thus are either hunted or starved out easily. White might have been forced to move to Cragg's because of competition. Likewise for our Megalosaurus here...look at that wound. Doesn't it look like something his size or bigger made that?”

We look at his wound on his thigh. “...I can see that.” I say, and Blake nods. “Exactly. He may be a large predator, but that doesn't make him an Alpha. As far as we know, he might have had a run in with a stronger Megalosaurus...or something else.”

I feel really bad for the guy now, and slowly walk up to his head, slowly resting my hand upon it's head...crud, he's out, but we haven't even bothered feeding him. Best get started on that...maybe we do have enough meat. I check my inventory to grab some acquired earlier in the day, but...wait...my eyes are immediately drawn to the Super Test Meat...something tells me...I take out a single piece in my hand. “Just one?” Blake asks. “This is that Super Test Meat.” I respond “I just want to see what happens...”

“Test the Super Test Meat?” Yang asks, folding her arms “and if it's super toxic and kills it?”

“You can throw me off the cliff for wasting our hard work.”

“Dang, sis. Although...I guess sometimes we're gonna fail...this is all trial and error, isn't it?...ARK happens.”

I eye my sister “ARK happens....I like that.” I say.

“Really? Well...i wasn't even trying for anything with that. +1 point for me.”

I turn towards the Megalosaurus and hold out the Super Test Meat. It takes a moment to sniff it, before allowing me to put it into it's mouth. It seems to chew the meat a few moments, then swallow...not even three seconds after it swallows the meat, it immediately stands up, no longer unconscious, and roars. All of us are staring directly at it, wide-eyed in shock. “I...Instant-taming food?!” Yang states in disbelief. “A...apparently!” I respond. The way it's acting...yes, the Megalosaurus is tamed. I look at the others “...we save this stuff until we get something really hard to tame or something like that?” I ask. The others quickly agree to this. With that done, I turn towards the Megalosaurus, who's looking at us now. “So...that done, what's his name?” Weiss takes a few steps forwards, folding her arms. The Megalosaurus looks at her...with what seems to be a smug or teasing look, and it's left eye seems to leer for a split second yet again. Weiss smiles “Well, I don't know about you guys...but I'm liking the name Sans.”

Yang smiles “Sans, eh?...i like it. Seems like there's a little something to this guy...something more than meets the eye.”

We agree to this, before putting a fair amount of meat from our inventory into Sans's inventory. I turn towards him as the others start heading back to the shack. “You take it easy tonight.” I say. “You try and heal up from that wound, alright? Just don't leave Nightshade to do all the work.”

Sans seems to growl in acceptance to this, and he and Nightshade look at each other a moment as I walk towards the house, before starting yet another patrol. Ozpin's been hunched at the door half-asleep, waiting for us to get home. Blake smiles “Sorry we're late, old man. We've had a...eventful day.”

Ember and White Fang curl up near each other near the firepit, and Quru joins them, nestling between them, and lying his head on the ground. The five of us enter the shack and close the door behind us. I move over to the oil lamp and light the flame on the inside. “We've got a few minutes and the materials.” I say. “How about we make three more sleeping bags real quick before we call it a night?”

We agree to this. Dividing and conquering, we whip out three more comfortable sleeping bags in under half an hour. The four of us now lie within our sleeping bags, propped up, and dressed in cloth clothing again. “Well...today was eventful, huh?” I say with a strange smile. The others agree with me “Despite getting our butts kicked a few times today...” Weiss says “...I feel like we've gotten more used to this island.”

“Despite knowing the dangers...” Blake says “Despite...knowing what happened here in the past... I'm resolved in believing we really can conquer this place...just like A.L did, by herself.”

“Heh...it's been a ride. That's for sure. Can't tell how many times the train looped, swerved, and completely derailed...but...it's been an experience that....well, I'm glad I've got you guys with me.” Yang says “and...I really mean that...There were times today and others...I don't think I would have made it without you all. I'm...not as kick-ass sometimes as I think I am, and...strangely...it's nice to get a wake-up call sometimes.”

We chuckle at this. “Well...” I say thoughtfully “Here's to a well-deserved night's rest, right?”

“Here here.” Blake says with a smile, and the others begin to lie down into their sleeping bags. I...i don't know what I'm feeling right now, other than relief and pride. I move my arm to the lantern. Just as I'm about to unhook it from the stand and blow out the light -

“...actually, wait a minute.” Weiss says. I turn towards her and she and the others sit back up. “What's up, Weiss?” I ask. Weiss...her face shows she's uncomfortable about something. “It's just that...well...today's been eye-opening for me.”

“I think it has for everybody, Weiss.” Yang says “What about it?”

“Not just that...I mean...” Weiss takes a moment. She lowers her head, eyes closed...and a tear falls down her cheek. “...I'm sorry.”

“Weiss...what do you mean?” I ask.

“Heh...heh...I...i mean I'm sorry for being me...or..at the same time...me not being me.” she lifts her head up, eyes full of tears “Ruby...you know how I said as a kid I always wanted bunk beds?”

“Yeah, I do.”

Well...another thing I always wanted as a kid...was...were...friends.” Weiss says. She...she quickly looses it. “All my life growing up under my family I was being trained and refined into an image my father deemed best...something like himself. I didn't like that, but I didn't...I...I couldn't say no. I had to...I had to become a spoiled-rotten...pompous, stone-hearted girl. A kind of girl I absolutely hated. I made everybody else...I hid myself from my the world....under a stone-cold mask...and...yet the thing I wanted to do the most...was to hide from myself. I hated who I was becoming...yet was forced to accept it, and in the end I...i ended up like this.” Weiss looks up at us. “Y...you really don't know me as good as you think you do.” she says, then looking towards me. “And...Ruby...I'm so sorry for being how I was the first time I met you, and past that...for all the times I have treated you..that...that's not me. I swear on it. Yet at the same time...” Weiss struggles to speak “I...I've never been able to truly be myself and say how much I...How much I truly do care for you all! You...I really do consider you all my friends, I really do! And, Ruby...” she tries to take a moment to calm herself down. “I...y...I...I would...and I sort of..I...do consider....you to...I consider you also to be my BFF, alright?” she says, struggling to speak she's so emotional “and it's just all this on this stupid island has made me...made me finally wake up too late and...I'm just soo sorry...”

Weiss bends her head down and starts crying more. I pull myself out of my sleeping bag, and immediately put my arms around Weiss, hugging her. “Hey, don't worry.” I say, and she stops crying “I...I always knew you were... you never did get it easy, like everybody thought you did. I... I never blamed you for any of the ways you acted, or act...I just know it's a side effect of being your friend. And, whether you outwardly...approved of it or not...i always called you my BFF. You'll always be that to me. Regardless of how...how much of...how you behave. I know you, Weiss. You're not as bad as you think you are.”

Weiss...she smiles, wrapping her arms around me. “T..thank you...” she says, crying again. I'm crying a little myself now. “...If I may...” Blake says, and I stop my embrace of Weiss and turn to Blake, keeping an arm around Weiss's shoulder, however. “...Weiss isn't the only one who's been thinking like that.” Blake's started tearing up as well. “I...i didn't think I'd have the friends I do in you guys...I... I was pretty high up in the White Fang...basically, second-in-command. I... I've killed people. Done horrible things...and yet you all look beyond that. I... I didn't think I'd ever find mercy and forgiveness like that in other people...especially humans. N-no offense...ya know...”
“We know, Blake.” Yang says with a warm smile. Blake returns it to us. “I... I swore up and down in my life that if anybody found out anything about who and what I am, I... might as well be dead. I hate my past self as well, Weiss.” she says, looking at Weiss and me. “I hate my current self too. I don't like how reserved I am...but...at the same time...i guess it's not just caused on by trying to conceal a dark past. I...guess it's just me. And...because you all...look past everything I've done...everything that makes me truly feel like a no-life... and you treat me so well and as your friend...I swear you're all the most kind-hearted people I've ever met in my damn life...even you, Weiss.” Weiss smiles back at Blake. “I... I love being your friend, Blake. I worry about you too much...I think we all do. You never say much, and...it just worries us because we never really know how you're feeling...sometimes, anyway...but we often have a good general judgment. Nobody cares about what you've done in the past, Blake. That's not you anymore. The real you...you said it yourself. You don't want to hurt people. You're so kind-hearted and friendly! And...sometimes you're just as weird and spontaneous as Yang!” We all laugh at this, and Weiss continues. “Regardless if you're a Faunus, ex-White-Fang-second-in-command, or whatever else you want to call yourself because of your past. You're Blake Belladonna, member of Team RWBY...and an incredibly kind person. That's the Blake we know and love. That's you. That's all you'll ever be.”

“T...thank you. Truly...thank you.”

“Heh...” Yang says “I...I'm more than spontaneous. I'll drop it out there. Sometimes I'm just stupid...like when you had to save me today, sis. It's more than just blonde...sometimes people aren't far off when they call me a bimbo...at least I feel like it, sometimes. Being the...spontaneous freespirit I am...I don't understand how you can put up with me sometimes. Ruby I can, because she's been with me all her life. I...heh...sometimes I judge myself, you know? Not just for stupid things I've done in the past. Just because I'm a freespirited flirt doesn't mean I can go around dressed like a cowgirl stripper-”

“You're not a stripper!” I interrupt. “You're Yang. That's you. You're...wild, in a good way. As people say...blondes have more fun....and you have ALOT of fun, sis. I...can't blame you for anything that you do. I just...well, you're my big sister. In my mind, you can't do anything wrong...and you haven't.”

“Heh, and besides. I can't be the only one of the team being comic relief.” Blake says, and we all laugh again. Yang smiles “heh...thanks girls.”

“And...like what you've all been saying...” I say “I...i just am really happy and thankful for you guys as friends too. Weiss, I'll admit...you scared me when I met you...and...i was just nervous being at a new place by myself...no friends...I was trying too hard to make friends...i guess I was pretty annoying, huh?”

“I...i sympathize with you on it.” Weiss says “I...I know you can be annoying...but that's just you. Like how Blake's always quiet and Yang is always...Yang.” we all chuckle. I turn to Blake “Speaking of you, Blake, when we first met, I thought you were a really nice person. Honest! You...looked really calm, smart, and...well..friendly. Even if I was bothering your reading. I...was actually hoping to run into you as my partner in the Emerald Forest...but I was just worried I wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with you...I still do.”

“Heh...you and I are going to sit down and have a nice talk one of these days.” Blake says with a smile. I return it “can't wait for it.”

I let go of Weiss and crawl back over to my sleeping bag. The others slowly lower themselves back down into their sleeping bags, feeling much more at ease. Once again, I slide into my sleeping bag, then unhook the lantern from the stand, and blow out the light.

(with this, people, we are officially caught up! I've got nothing new that's been reviewed left, so now it's back to writing the thing, like I've been doing. Been asking around, i'm happy people are enjoying this, it's just stressing me i'm not getting too much feedback {hence why I started the feedback topic}, especially with what I've been learning in my Writing and Inquiry class. Got talking with some of my pals and some of them are thinking of doing Fan Art for my work. O_O more RWBY's ARK is coming soon! 

I keep it in the same topic, actually, because I've been fussed at on different forums for doing that: multiple chapters across different topics, with things i'd done in the past when I was new to forums. I was kind of grown up into making sure that whatever I do, I keep it all in one topic.

Regardless, I'm glad you like it!

12 hours ago, I Want MY Burd said:

If I may offer some friendly advice in regards to formatting: it's much easier to track dialogue between characters if you start a new paragraph when one person stops speaking and another starts. :) That is all.

I half-know that rule, but I only thought it was when characters are talking right after each other. I know what you mean though. X_X

I'll make sure to re-format things later.

There's this game this site is made for called ARK: Survival Evolved.

I heard it does wonders for boredom. :P

Regardless, I don't have much because of college being....college. So yeah. Not enough for another chapter as of now. Sorry.

BUT, on the bright side, the maker of the Cute Hair mod did make Team RWBY hair-skins for Sans and I, as well as having two other confirmed character's hairstyles in the work (which, if anybody will get the mod, will probably be spoiler alert, when they come out). So Sans and I have a few things in mind with this....

Guesswut >:D

-Chapter 8-

I awake feeling incredibly rested. I shift in my sleeping bag a moment, before slowly righting myself with a stretch and yawn. Strangely enough, just as I do this, everybody else starts waking up too I give a groggy smile “good morning, all.” I say.
“Good morning indeed...” Weiss says in a satisfied tone with a stretch. “That...was a really good night's sleep, surprisingly. From what I can see, you all slept pretty well too, right?”

Damn good.” Yang says. “About what time did we hit the sack last night?”

I look at my implant “Around 9:30. It's 6:30 now.”

“Nine hours of good sleep....” Weiss says “I...we actually got nine hours of peaceful, relaxing sleep on the ARK. I don't know how, but we did.”

“After everything that's happened?...I think we deserve it.” Blake says smiling warmly. We all begin to climb out of our sleeping bags and slowly walk towards the door. I'm the first to the door, and open it slowly, pushing my way out. White Fang is already up and about, and we find him pacing around near the fireplace. Quru's also up, and he apparently found himself a snack: an ant soldier, which he holds in his mouth with pompous pride. Ember's awake as well, lying on the ground at first. When she sees me, she quickly stands, then trots over to me as I'm out the door. “Hey you...” I say to her, petting her head. “Good morning pretty girl.”

White Fang moves over to Blake and begins to rub against her legs like he were a big cat, to which Blake smiles. Weiss looks around for a moment...and finds Nightshade and Sans side-by-side in the patch of bushes, fast asleep. She carefully moves her way on over, which wakes them both up. “Sorry...” she says “Just checking up on you, Sans. You alright?”

Sans is a bit more awake than Nightshade is. He allows Weiss to get a good look at his wound, which has started healing up. Weiss stares at the wound – which has now at least scabbed over – and gives an uneasy, but relieved sigh. “Alright. At least it's better than last night. If you need anything, please let us know. We're worried sick about you and that thing”. Sans seems to understand, and lays his head back down onto the ground as Nightshade does. I'm curious what Yang is up to. I turn around, and see her leaning against the exterior wall of the hut. She's looking into her reflection in her spyglass, and...looking at her own hair. I sigh, and walk on over to my sister. “...so...” I say uneasy. “Is...it bad?”

“...strangely...yes and no.” Yang replies.

“Yes and no?” Weiss asks as she and Blake walk over. Yang shrugs “Before the ARK...I was sort of thinking it was time to get a trim anyways...last I saw my reflection before last night, looked like my hair grew a little more than how I'd like...so...again...yes and no?”

I sigh, shaking my head “Whatever works, Yang.” Yang smiles, and then starts toying with her Implant, then going to the Engrams screen, and just starts rolling down. We've all leveled a lot from recently...and we all got a big boost from the Primal Therizinosaur fight as well. Blake and I are in our low 80s, Weiss and Yang in their 40s. Blake and I have access to engrams they don't yet. Yang snickers “look at all these nifty things we can learn. There's like...a zillion different saddles...that looks like a rifle of some sort...OK, that's definitely a freaking minigun turret....that's...some sort of industrial grill, I think...and...wha?...” Yang tilts her head “There...are engrams at the end of all the really high ones...that I can get to.”

The rest of us pull up our Engram screens as we do so. Sure enough, there's a ton of different things at the end...of all kinds of strange variety. “Pearl beds”, solar panels, iron bar fences...a wood-cook stove...a pantry...T-rex armor?...and something called a “building X-tras constructor”, just to name a few. “I guess it's like...just nifty little bonus stuff?” I ask...there's so much variety I don't even really know what I want to learn, or what's practical for the moment. Neither Blake and I have used any of our engram points on them...but we see that some of these bonus stuff cost no engram points at all...yet still, is it practical to learn them at our level? Weiss is browsing through hers... and then I see her start tapping the screen, confirming to learn engrams. “What are you doing?” I ask.

“Learning that Stone Cutting Board and the meat recipes that go with it.” she replies “the recipes I can see look fairly simple, and it looks like they are better than the standard cooked meat we have...besides, maybe we deserve to start eating a little better after yesterday?”

“I can second that.” Yang says, and instinctively, her stomach growls. We laugh. “Well then.” Blake says “I'm hopping on White Fang and taking a good bath this morning to clean up from last night, before breakfast. What about you three?”

“I might as well do the same when you get back.” I say, then turn to Yang “and for sake of time, you can take Ember when it's your turn, Yang.”

“gee, thanks sis! I promise I'll take good care of her.” she says teasing. Weiss smiles “guess I'll be last this time. I don't mind. Gives me time to start gathering from the bushes for berries.”

“But those two are sleepin' in the berry patch!” I say making a somewhat funny face, and pointing towards Sans and Nightshade. Weiss smiles “I know, but right out front of the rock there's another berry patch. I'm going to pick a few there. Would you two mind getting a fire going and cooking up a few more pieces of meat for me?” she asks us. I salute, a smile on my face “I will do my duty to help make a hearty breakfast!” I say happily. Yang follows suit after me “As you order, queen of the culinary arts!” she says. Weiss smirks “Cut it out you two”.

I...really don't understand those two at times. I guess it's because of their sisterly bond. Yet...what Winter and I share isn't exactly the same...but I know it's something I can't share with anybody else. Yang and Ruby get a fire going as I head out towards the berry fields, my bow on my back, as well as a spear, for protection. Blake rides by me on White Fang for a moment as they dash off down towards the river. Soon I make my way over to the berry patch. Now...according to the recipes I know now...the yellow Amarberries only help the meat preserve...Azulberries make it a little better, but also restore some thirst...Tintoberries make the meat even richer in protein...and the purple Mejoberries make the whole thing taste better in all fields and benefits. I start plucking off Azul, Mejo, and Tintoberries as I go along, putting them away in my inventory as I do so, to make sure I gather as much I can. I still gather up some black Narcoberries for more narcotic...especially after last night. I gather what feels for around five minutes or a little longer. I'm gathering away, humming a tune, strangely enough, when just as I get to the “chorus” of the song-

“Mnrraaa.”

A strange...goat-like bleat....right beside me. I turn to my left, and about two feet away from me is the face of this...small, two-legged dinosaur. It's probably six or so feet long, standing on two legs, with an armored back and a hard, dome-shaped head. It's a familiar shape, but I don't remember the name...He's apparently just here to do what I'm doing: forage from the bushes. He just decided to see what I was up to. He looks at me in my eyes for a few moments, and I can make out the ruddy brown creature as a male “Pachy”. Now that sounds familiar...but it's probably a name that's hard to pronounce...i thought dinosaurs were cool as a kid, but I was never fully into them like some were. I kinda admit he's...kinda cool...and then I see his level: 52. That's a good tame...I decide to slowly separate myself from the Pachy, who watches me walk away, before going to browse from the bushes himself. I walk about 50 ft away, then turn around, and draw a tranquilizer arrow. He's not that big, so he shouldn't be too much trouble...looks like something that would rather flee than fight. I aim my shot...and let the string go. There's a whiz as the arrow hits the Pachy in the base of the neck. It stumbles a moment, making a few more goat-like noises, trying to figure out where it's been hit from. As it turns towards me, I give off another shot, which it hits it's right flank. The Pachy reacts from this, giving me time to fire another arrow, hitting it in the side of it's head. I go to grab another arrow from my quiver-....there are none. Just as I note this in shock, the Pachy suddenly gives a call, then flies towards me with it's head bent in a charge at an incredible speed I wouldn't think possible for it. I immediately break into a backwards run, but five steps in, my left foot hits my right heel, causing me to fumble. Suddenly, the Pachy slams it's head into my stomach, and I feel the complete wind knocked right out of me and I go flying about ten feet from the impact. I'm shocked about the pain I'm in. It feels as if Yang had punched me in the gut for no reason. My vision is foggy and I feel fatigued greatly...I can barely move. I slowly begin to right myself up into a siting position, before I hear another bleat, and then I'm hit again from the right, knocked back onto the ground, although not as hard this time. Damn thing is hitting me with blunt force damage AND rendering me unconscious. I'm so fatigued now I can't even lift my back off the ground. I roll my head to the right and...can vaguely make out a blurred shape, which is probably the Pachy charging me again, although not like the first time, with such ferocity. I reach with my left hand for anything...and I grab onto what must be a fallen tree branch, around four inches thick. I...i can't be killed by a damn goat-dinosaur! Just as it gets close to me, I roar at it, before suddenly smashing it in the head with the branch, which shatters on impact. The Pachy stops it's charge, shaking it's head a few times, takes a few steps back...then giving a strange, pitiful groan as it slumps to it's side....it's also out cold...and I can feel the fatigue and torpor from it's earlier hits coming in. I groan, laying in a semi-comatose state on the ground with this Pachy who I provoked. I give a strange groan “Ehh....sorry.” I say, speaking out to it “I...kinda learned the hard way, though....but for your size you hit like a damn truck”.

The Pachy gives a strange, low noise at me. “Huh?...” I say, before looking at my right hand. “Oh...the tree branch?...Yeah...like I said...sorry.”

Slowly, I bend my right arm down into my pocket, pulling out some Mejoberries...but with some narco ones in the mix as well. I slowly bring my hand up to it's mouth, unable to move too quick myself. “Here...” I say “It's...what I can do for you as of now with the current situation.”

The Pachy takes a moment, then eats some of the mixed berries from my hand. We lie there for about three full minutes, before I hear a noise...footsteps. I fear they're the footsteps of a small carnivore of some sort, but rather...

“PFFFFT!!! WHAT A RIOT!”

It's Yang, who's busted out laughing upon seeing me and the Pachy semi-comatose beside each other. Ruby's beside her as well, and shakes her head...but tries to hide her smile. “Heard your scream, Weiss...” she says. “You...you two having a moment?”

“I feel like I'm either drunk, hungover, or stoned.” I say to her blandly. “You tell me.”

“At least you're trying to get yourself a tame.” Ruby says, adjusting the strap across her nose carefully. They bend down next to me and the Pachy, and while Yang puts some narcotics into the Pachy for me, Ruby pulls out a small bowl full of something. “Ok...you're NOT going to like the taste of this...” she says “but it should help.”

“What is it?” I ask wearily in a tired voice. “Stimulant” she replies “it's apparently a lot better than feeding stimberries...but...i had myself a slight drop to taste earlier...it's got some severe kick.”

“Whatever works...” I say. Ruby slowly brings the bowl to my mouth and I open it. It crosses my lips, but I don't taste anything...until I've swallowed some. Immediately, my eyes widen, and I lurch forwards, hitting the bowl, and looking over to my left, spitting onto the ground to my left, away from my Pachy. “GOD!” I say in disgust while spitting, I even try to use my teeth to scrape off the disgusting taste of the stimulant. “You weren't kidding about a kick! The heck was in that thing?! Sparkpowder?!”

“...yes...as the engram said...”

I notice the annoyance of Ruby's voice. I turn, and see...when I hit the bowl...I sent the contents splattering right onto her face. Yang's struggling to keep from laughing behind Ruby. I put my hand to my mouth. “Oh my gosh...” I say “I..I-I'm sorry!” Ruby smiles “Chill out, Weiss. Just a little mishap...all good...”

The three of us rise to our feet. I...I guess I'm still a little edgy from last night's confession time. I'm relieved Ruby's not angry...but then again, I don't think she'd get angry at something like that. Ruby shrugs “Well...guess I should just join Blake in the river, before this dries and starts flaking off...after all, we're all girls, right?”

“Last I checked.” Yang says with a smile. I give an uneasy laugh “Yeah...again, sorry.”
“No big deal, Weiss.” she says. “You should be level enough to learn a Pachy saddle. Try it out. Yang?”
“Yep?”

“Do me a favor?”

“Sure.”
“Do Weiss a favor and help make her the saddle?”

“I demand my own mount as payment.” Yang says crossing her arms and giving a defiant, but mischievous smile, and stamping her right foot. “Yang, we're not going deeper into the mainland to go and get a Rex.” I say with a smile. Yang turns to me “I don't want a Rex. At least...not now. I want something big, but still within our reach. Plus, it could help out with the work building the house. Is that too much to ask?”

“Not really.” Ruby says, now agreeing with her sister “When I went down to the river with Ember while you all were doing the preserving bin, I came across a herd of Triceratops. How does that sound?”
“Cool...but not cool enough. I've got my eyes on something bigger.”

“Bigger?” I ask.

“Remember before the Megalodon attacked that dumb Parasaur?” she says. “Across the bay, I could make out a vaguely familiar shape of a Stegosaurus. If they're on the other side of the bay, I'm thinking there has GOT to be some here on Cragg's Island.”

“It's possible.” Ruby says. “Regardless...i can feel this stuff hardening on my face...I'm out.”

She quickly turns and begins running back to the house. “Ember!” she calls “Ember! C'mere, girl!”

Yang shakes her head and I give a slight chuckle. I open my implant, then check the Engrams. Sure enough, I CAN learn the Pachy saddle engram. Decide to learn that, and upon recapping the instructions in my head...i smile. “Huh.” I say “seems like it takes the exact amount of materials as Ember's saddle did.”

“Hm...” Yang says. “I think we've got all that. Lemme go check, alright? Stay here with your little buddy.”

“Alright.”

Yang turns and goes to get the needed materials. Just as she turns to go to back to the house, Ember and Ruby nearly run her over. “Sorry!” Ruby calls as she dashes off on Ember back towards the river. I chuckle as I turn back to my Pachy and lay by it, continuing to feed it, and stroking it's head. A couple minutes pass...Yang seems to be taking a while. Not that I blame her. I'm looking back towards the top of the hill, sitting on the ground with my legs to the left, leaning on my right arm. I'm wondering about Blake and Ruby...probably a little awkward for them, right now, I guess. I chuckle at the thought of this, before hearing something...footsteps...and then, a sudden hiss-! I remember that noise! I turn around behind me only to see a Dilophosaurus rearing up at my unconscious Pachy, it's frill outstretched. “NOT ON MY WATCH!” I roar, springing off of my feet and tackling the small dinosaur. It lands on it's side and I pin it down while holding it's mouth shut. It was attempting to spray it's venom, but I've clamped it's mouth shut as it tried to do so, now choking on it's own venom. It struggles under my weight as I try to pin it down. I can't move my right arm to try and grab a spear or arrow without letting it get some sort of leverage, and I don't have the arm strength that Yang does to snap the thing's neck. My only hope is that maybe I can hold it down long enough for it to choke to death on it's own spray. I try to keep it pinned, but my grip on it's mouth slips. Suddenly it frees it's mouth and bites my left hand, that once held it shut, and latches hold. I scream in the pain and grab the back of it's head as it rights itself and starts shaking. I reach back now to grab the spear from my back, but just then-

MRA-ROAAAH!”

A familiar noise. Next I know, there's rapid footsteps, then my Pachy slams into the Dilophosaurus's right side from out of nowhere. At the moment of impact, I can feel the immense force of my Pachy's charge through the Dilo into my own body. I hear snapping in the Dilo's body as it lets go of my hand and flies off from the impact, ragdolling as it lands...it's dead easily. I look down onto my left hand, and carefully hold it with my right...i'll be fine. The hide gloves I wear have prevented it from getting any extensive wounding. I look up at my Pachy, who's looking at me now. “Heh...thanks.” I say, to which it responds by...knocking it's head into mine. It's not hard, but...I hold my forehead in pain. “Hey! What was that for?!” It responds by giving me a bleat, before a more light, playful bonk to my stomach. I laugh. “Hey, I'm happy to love on ya, just none of that, alright?”

“Well that was fast.” Yang says, making her presence known. I turn “Well, you kinda took a little bit...”
“Didn't have the wood for the job, so I chopped down an extra palm tree.” she says “Oh...and I saw your quarterback tackle. NICELY done.”

“Wait, what? You saw that?!” I say, getting a little angry “Why didn't you try and do anything!?”

“It was already getting up.” she replies, pointing to my Pachy. “I mean...it sorta looked like you two had things under control.”

I roll my eyes. “Suuuure....because having my hand in a the mouth of a Dilophosaurus is totally under control.”

“Ey, chillout. Just wanted you to have your moment to shine.”

“Well...I guess I did. Thanks for getting the materials for the saddle.”

“Ah, it's nothin-OOF!” Yang's cut off by my Pachy pushing into her stomach. Yang carefully grabs his head and starts pushing him back, but he only starts pushing back harder. Yang laughs, crouching down, and proceeding to enter a shoving match with my Pachy. “You think he's going to be like this alot?” she asks, pushing back against my Pachy, with his head over her left shoulder, as she has her arms around it's body, pushing back. My Pachy is making all kinds of amused grunts as he pushes back against Yang. I grin “Anyway, I told him he shouldn't really play like that with me...but if you like it, feel free to wrestle with him as much as you'd like.”

“Hah, thanks! Did you think of a name for him yet?”

“Kinda, yeah. I like Pachi.”

“It is kinda cute...just like him in his own weird way!”

“Hey, think you can hold him there a moment? Gives me time to get the measurements for the saddle.”

“Call him off real quick.” Yang says with a bit of a laugh. “It'll let me get a breather.”
“Fair enough. Pachi! Let up!” I say, and he stops pushing on Yang, who lets go. Pachi turns his head to me as I walk to him, then start doing the measurements with Yang as he occasionally proceeds to still give little headbutts every once and a while. As long as he's happy, I suppose. Once I've got that done, I back off. “Alright. I'll get to work. You two have at it.”

No sooner than I say that, Yang can't even get a response out before Pachy marches right up to her and starts shoving again. Yang and Pachi keep wrestling with each other to their amusement as I start working on the saddle. Around five minutes later, those two are still going at it, and I've just finished Pachi's saddle. Just as I stand, I turn and see Blake and Ruby approaching on White Fang and Ember. They seem to note I have a new tame. Ruby smiles upon seeing Pachi and Yang going at it, to which she bursts into laughter. “So, I assume he's yours, Weiss?” She says, looking at me as she dismounts Ember, and Blake dismounts White Fang. I nod “Yeah. His name's Pachi...and he likes headbutting and shoving around...as you can see with Yang. They've been going for at least five minutes.”

Blake smiles. “It makes sense. He's a Pachycephalosaurus.”

“Pachywhaaaa?” Ruby says

“Pachycephalosaurus. Means 'Thick-headed lizard', for obvious reasons. As you can see, he does more than just sound like a goat...goats socialize, greet, and show affection towards each other by pushing and headbutting. Pachi's just happy to have somebody he can shove around with in Yang.”

“The feeling is mutual!” Yang says, still pushing against Pachi, who seems to be calming down now. Yang lets go, and he backs up, and shakes himself a little. I turn “So Blake. Ruby didn't interrupt you or anything, did she?”

“Sort of...but I sympathized it as a 'girls' locker room' situation...”
“Yeah...sorry to barge in on you like that...” Ruby says, rubbing the back of her head “doing that and all...but somebody didn't like the taste of my little remedy I had for her unconsciousness.”
“Hey, I said I was sorry.” I say, putting the saddle onto Pachi. “and you said yourself said it was ok.”

“Yeah, still...mucho awkwardo.” Ruby says.

“Again, we're all girls here.” Yang chimes in. Ruby turns around to her sister “Just because you have your little quirks and perks, Yang, doesn't mean the rest of would be as comfortable as you would be bathing naked in a river together!”

Yang pauses a moment. “...right. Sorry.”

Pachi seems to adjust to his saddle well. He...doesn't look like he should really be able to carry me. He's not too much bigger than a Dilophosaurus. Carefully, I throw my right leg over Pachi...and he stands fine with me on him. I smile “Heh...he's stronger than he looks, trust me.”

“Seeing that charge he did?” Yang says “I'm not surprised at all”. Pachi begins to march around a little bit with me on him, eventually walking up towards the palm tree Ruby stands under. He looks at it a moment, before headbutting it once with a bleat. We're confused as to why he's done this, and then suddenly, something hits Ruby on the head. Immediately, she's dazed, standing fine a moment, then falls backwards onto the ground, legs flying into the air. Ember looks down, tilting her own head as she looks at a dazed Ruby Rose; then makes a happy, brief call as she bends down and then seems to “hug” Ruby, putting her arms around her, and proceeding to nuzzle and lick her unconscious owner; Yang bursts into laughter while I stand there shocked. “I swear, I didn't tell him to do anything!!” I say quickly. Blake smiles, walking over to Ruby, with White Fang walking behind her. “You're alright.” Blake says “He's just being a Pachy.” she bends down and picks up the coconut that's bonked Ruby in the head. “Although I think I like the sound of coconuts with breakfast. What about you, Weiss?”

“Hmm...it would make a good substitute for drinking water all the time, and the 'meat' in them themselves wouldn't be half bad, either. More diversity for food, which is good.”

Ruby's still conked out, all she does is make barely audible dizzied sounds as she lies flat on the ground. Blake shakes her head “either way...Yang, your turn.”
“Right.” Yang replies, and she whistles to Ember. Ember looks up, lets go of Ruby, then stands. Yang mounts Ember fairly easily. “Ey, Weiss.” she says with a grin at me. I tilt my head “What?”

“Thanks for helping me steal Ruby's ride.” she says, to which I just snicker, and Blake chuckles a little. With a tug on Ember's reigns, Yang dashes off. Blake shakes her head, then mounts White Fang again. “Well, i'll leave you two to finish your gathering.” Blake says “I'm pretty sure you'll find a use for those coconuts.”

“Probably.” I say, shifting on Pachi. “What about...Ruby?” I ask, as I look down...and Ruby's still out cold. Blake grins “don't worry. I've got had an idea already.” she turns to the nearby rocks towards the house, and brings her fingers to her mouth, uttering a whistle. “Hey! Quru!” she calls. Immediately, he makes a short call as his head pops up behind another rock. Blake gives another whistle and motions with her head to the unconscious Ruby, who continues to babble nonsense. Quru walks over as Blake starts heading back to the house, putting White into a standard walk. Quru, as he approaches Ruby, bends down, and grabs Ruby with his mouth by her right shoe, lifts her leg up a little, and then starts walking backwards, dragging the unconscious Ruby along the ground. I immediately cover my face with my right hand at this as I see Quru drag Ruby around the corner. I'm trying so hard to hold in my laughter. I simply shake my head, but then Pachi makes a noise that sounds like him chuckling, and I let one single laugh slip, as I grin, but catch the rest of my laughter. “Well, you heard Blake. Let's finish up here.” I say to Pachi, who bleats in response. He backs up a little, then headbutts the tree again, sending a few more coconuts falling to the ground. I pick those up, then gather from the bushes a bit more, before heading back to the house, where Blake's got the fire going, and Ruby still unconscious, her head lying on one of the logs we have for benches. I give an uneasy sigh. “Is she going to be alright?”
“She's never been to right in the head anyway.” Blake jests, to which I shoot her a look, but put my hands on my hips. Blake smiles “She'll be fine. So what about breakfast?”

“You mean, granted the current time, Brunch?” I reply. “Yeah, I'll get right to it.” I go into the house for a moment to get the stone, wood, and fiber to make the stone cutting board. The board itself lies on two pieces of wood, strapped together with fiber, but...surprisingly, it looked pretty good. I headed back outside to see...Blake by the fire...with White Fang...and Quru, as well as Ozpin...all of them still staring at a conked-out Ruby...dang, she...does not regain consciousness easily. I stepped down from the edge of the house and walked over, setting the board down, before taking some cooked meat from Blake, I began to start flavoring and seasoning them with the juices from the berries. Blake has been watching me work diligently, intrigued by what I'm doing. A really flavorful aroma began to whirl through the air...suddenly, Ruby sits up alert. “Food? I smell food. Good food.” she quickly says, to which Blake chuckles, bending her head. I smirk “about time you woke up. How many stars could you count?”

“The stars had stars...” Ruby says, rubbing the back of her head. Blake grins a little bit, to which Ruby tilts her head. “What?...what's up?” she says confused. Blake reaches over with her right hand, index finger drawn, and pushes a bump on Ruby's head back down, to which Ruby feels the pain. “Owwww....” she whines. “First my nose now my head...what's next?”

“Your neck?” Blake jests.

“Your legs?” I tease. Ruby shudders “Ok...c...can I have food please?”

I chuckle “Sure. I've got flavored meat with different little perks. Pick your poison.”

“Perks?....” Ruby says looking at the meat, crawling over. I sigh “Mejo meat is tastier, Tinto meat is higher protein and easier healing, and Azul meat also replenishes thirst a little.”

“What about the ones you made with the yellow berries?” Ruby asks.

“The Amar meat? It just doesn't spoil for a longer period of time”.

“Ahh...well granted the...ouchies I have...I'll take this!” she says, snatching a piece of Tintoberry meat and tearing into it. I smile, taking some meat for myself. Blake does too...and I'm happy that its turned out so well, and that everybody likes it. “Let's leave some for Yang, alright?” I say. “She needs to eat too.”

Soon enough, Yang comes back from the river, and then Weiss herself rides off with Pachi to go and take her own turn bathing. Throughout breakfast, I struggle with the pain coming from my head...but it helps when Blake gives me the very same coconut that bonked me in my head, and I tear into the thing, drinking and eating it to just the outer shell in spite.. By the time Weiss returns, I feel much better, with the pain in my head gone. Weiss turns to Yang as she rides close, on Pachi “Hey Yang.” she says “Didn't you say you wanted a Stegosaurus?” she asks. Yang smiles “Yeah,what? You find one?”

“Actually, yes. A level 62 female is down by the river right now.”

“Sixty-two?!” Yang says, springing up from the log she was sitting on “Hella yeah!”.

“You're too eager, sis.” I say. Yang quickly turns to me “I'm just tired of being left out!” she replies, to which she responds by stretching, leaning backwards, arms in the air behind her, then putting her right hand on her hip, flipping her hat onto her head. “I'm ready for some dino-wrangling. Are ya'll?”

“Yep. Like you said...you've got to get something too.” I say standing. Blake gets up from sitting as well “We've got some more tranq arrows, so i'm fairly sure we can get you one. Even if it is such high level. We should have the resources. So long as we work together, we should easily be able to get it for you.”

“A stego before rex, and a ya'lls mounts before...whatever.” Yang says. “We all got to start somewhere.”

“I want nothing more than Ember.” I state, giving a smug smile. Ember's been standing next to me happily, and I swing my leg over her. “She's my pretty girl, and all I want and need.” Ember seems to chortle in agreement. Weiss rubs the top of Pachi's head “I'm good with Pachi for now, myself. Granted there has to be something a few tiers up for me. Not that I'm not eager to get something else, ya know?”

“White Fang's also fine with me.” Blake says, rubbing the top of his head, then slinging herself onto him. “Besides. I like the idea of a big agile lizard.”

“Oxymoronic, isn't it?” Weiss asks, to which Blake nods. Suddenly, my face lights up with a smile. “Ey, Blake! I think I know what you'd like!” I say. She turns to me “What's that?” she asks, adjusting her grip on White Fang's reigns. “A Sabertooth Tiger!” I reply. The others smile at me, and Blake pauses a moment. “...I could see me with one. Other than the fact of my...faunus resemblance.” she says. “Although I don't think we'll find any around here. Maybe higher in the mountains.”

The four of us begin to head down to the river once again. As we crest the top of the hill, we look down and across the river...sure enough, as Weiss said, there's one there. It's on the other side of the river, walking alongside it at first, before turning to it, lowering it's head, and beginning to drink. It's body is a greyish-green color, the top of it's body a darker green, and it's plates a crisp, light bluish-green. Just above it's hips, it has a smaller row of plates, and towards the end of it's tail, three pairs of spikes. It's oblivious to us as of now. Yang's grinning from ear to ear, and takes out her bow as we now walk on level ground. Blake shakes her head with a smile as we all take out our own bows. “I don't think it will be too terribly fast.” she says “Just don't hit the plates, and watch for that tail.” We heed her advice as Yang raises her bow, ready to take the first shot. She takes a moment...I know ranged weapons aren't her thing,so she tries to make her shot the best she can. Finally, she lets the arrow go. It flies straight and true, hitting the Stegosaurus in the back of it's neck. It steps back startled, making a low grunt as it shakes itself. Next it knows, it's pelted by a volley of three arrows from the rest of us. It looks up at us with an irritated look, before giving a bellow and beginning to charge straight through the water towards us at a fair pace. It continues it's advance as it continues to take our consistent volley, before starting to spread out as it gets closer. Soon enough, the Stegosaurus finds itself caught in the middle of a circle surrounded by us, with White Fang, Ember, and Pachi giving growls and roars in agitated anger. The Stegosaurus tries to stand it's ground, and it ends up constantly turning towards different ones of us at different times, tail raised. It doesn't really know what to do in this situation: probably because it's never been in something like this before. Often it takes a hit from the side, and swings it's tail the direction of the impact, only to hit nothing. I feel bad for the poor thing in a way. The Stego turns towards Yang, and begins bellowing a few times...it has it's left lank turned towards Weiss...who suddenly gets an idea. She quickly puts her bow back on her back, and tugs on Pachi's reigns. Pachi turns around, and walks a good distance back, before they turn towards the Stego. Weiss gives off a whistle, to which Pachi responds by shaking and giving a war-cry, before suddenly charging with his head bent down at the Stegosaurus with impressive speed. Out of nowhere, they slam into the Stegosaurus, who seems to take a surprisingly big hit, suddenly shifting to the right, from the force of the impact. It looks to it's left and swings it's tail quickly towards itself, but Pachi and Weiss duck out of the way, running just under it's tail, and out to safety again. After swinging it's tail, the Stegosaurus starts to drowsily shift it's weight to and fro, struggling to stand, before finally collapsing onto it's right side. Fairly easy enough. We carefully approach the unconscious creature...it's definitely out cold. With a sigh of relief, I dismount Ember and start putting some narcotic into the downed Stegosaurus. I turn to see my sister on one knee, looking into the eye of the stegosaurus. She carefully puts her right hand on it's head, a huge smile on her face. She...she's not as ecstatic as I thought she'd be...but she's more of in awe of the creature that is going to end up being her own. We've brought some berries with us, but they're probably not enough for the job. Putting what we have in the stegosaur's inventory, Weiss and Blake volunteer, and go off with Pachi and White Fang to the nearby berry bushes to gather more berries, preferably , Mejoberries. I stay with Yang to help watch over and protect the Stegosaurus...who's coming along fairly slowly. I have a bow out with an arrow drawn, and carefully eye the area surrounding us in a slow patrol. A few minutes pass, and I'm curious how Yang is doing. Walking over to the other side of the Stegosaurus, I see her sitting next to it's head, stroking her Stego's head...but she has a strange, worried, or...concerned look on her face. I can tell there's something wrong. I tilt my head at my sister, lowering my bow. “What's wrong, Yang?” I ask. She sighs, then turns to me, obviously something on her mind. “Nothing.” she replies “I'm...alright.”

“Yang, something's on your mind. I'm your sister. You can tell me.”

“I'm alright sis. Take it easy. I'm fine.”

I just know it's a lie. I try to think. What could have Yang so apparently down in the dumps?...Can't be the fight with the Therizinosaur or Sans, both of those are past, and she was smiling then. Was it her hair?...she'd be more furious if anything if she was, but she said she was ok with it kinda in the end. The unsatisfaction of getting a stegosaurus?...no, she seemed excited for that. Was it our general situation?...no, she couldn't be upset about that, we've been fine, and today's been great. I'm trying to desperately figure out what's on my sister's mind, I try looking at anything and everything. She's not lonely, she couldn't be missing Remnant, what's she so...-!! My eyes widen, and I slowly lower my left hand, which I had to my mouth, as I thought. “O...OH.” I say. Yang looks at me, and my look of realization and...seemingly shock. “What's up with you, sis?” I turn towards my sister, and try to think of what to say. I look around a bit “Well...how do I put this...” I say, rubbing the back of my head. “...you know how I said that because you're my sister, as far as i'm concerned, you can't do anything wrong?”

“Yeah. What about that?”

“Well...that includes....I don't care...if....” I take a moment, then finally sigh “I don't care if you're half-and-half or not, or how loose you are.”

Yang stares at me with a wide-eyed look of shock, that i'd actually get what's on her mind. I give a strange smile, the move over to her, and sit next to her. “I...didn't mean to sound like I was...you know...antagonistic against that. I...I won't lie, I don't get the idea and I personally think it's weird, but... ya know, you're weird.” I say with a strange smile “and not that I mean that as an insult, it's just...well, you're Yang. You...you've always been a freespirit, and...I love you for it. Just because you have your quirks and preferences doesn't mean anything to me. It...just makes you more unique. I...honestly don't care if you're straighter than a line or all kinds of curvy in any way, shape, or definition. I...I couldn't care a hell less. Just as long as you're not an addict, I think I'd be fine...and besides...even if you were...I'd still love you. I said it once, I'll say it again...you're my sister, Yang. My sister, and you've been there for me so much! I know you! You can never do anything wrong in my book!”

Yang...she closes her eyes and looks down for a moment...a tear comes out of her right eye, and she turns towards me, her eyes open again. “I said during confession time last night I know I'm...strange. Again, I'll say this once more...I'm beyond relieved you all put up with me.”

“ 'Put up with you'?” I say “Yang...it's not that. We're your friends. Friends don't... 'put up with' each other. We...I don't know....we see through each other to the true worth, I guess. Weiss is stingy, selfish, and cold...but she's also careful, caring, and warm. Blake is dark, silent, and lonely....but she's cheery, wise, and very friendly. You...you're wild, rambunctious, and hot-headed...but you're also calm, mature, and gentle. We don't really care about the 'bad' attributes of each other...and only care about that which is truly redeeming. What truly makes you a person. Those are friends. There's a friend that's even closer than a sister...those are Weiss and Blake. And then...there's a true sibling that's even closer than a true friend. That's you, Yang.” I smile “and hey, if we're going to be all by our lonesome on this island...I can't stop you from looking for someone to care about that way towards...we're all going to get lonely at times, even with the four of us. If you...truly care about....her like that...then I'm fine with it.”

“C...'care about her like that'?” Yang stammers. I smile “I can see it, Yang....and you've got my support. Weiss's...and Blake's too. If anybody else were to show up on the island...if we didn't turn out to be alone after all, and that person began to belittle you for such choices...you wouldn't be the only one kicking their ass. Weiss and Blake would be in with us on that, as well.”

Yang smiles at me. “Heh...thank you. I...I really mean that. It...damn...heh...it's strange. To myself I'm just like 'pfft, whatever, I'm a little loose and I like girls too', but....talking to you it's...heh...a struggle.”

“I'll admit, I...am very uncomfortable having this conversation with you...but... i'm also relieved that i'm letting you know I still care for you. Y...ya know?”

“Yeah, Ruby. I know.”

I smile, and stand onto my feet again. “Well, I'm going off for a moment...stay here with her, alright?”

“Of course.” She replies. I turn and walk over to Blake and Weiss, who are gathering from the bushes. “Hey, Blake?” I ask. She straightens her back from browsing on lower bushes, and turns to me. “Yes?”

“Swap out with me for a sec. Yang wants to talk to you.”

“Hmm. Alright.” She says, receiving gathered berries from Weiss, before heading over. Weiss looks over at Blake as she walks up to an unsuspecting Yang. Weiss tilts her head. “What's up?” she asks me. I give a soft smile. “Just watch and listen...but try and act like we're still gathering, alright?”

“O...k...” Weiss says. “What did you do?”

“I did a thing.” I reply, starting to browse from the bushes. “I did a needed thing.”

Yang's stroking the head of the Stegosaurus, when suddenly she hears Blake's voice “Hey Yang”. She turns to see Blake, and looks up at her, smiling. “Oh, Hey Blake. What's up?”

“Nothing much. Just dropping some food for the stegosaur off.” she says, putting the berries from her inventory into it's own. “Yang, Ruby said you wanted to talk to me. What's up?

“S-she did?!” Yang stammers. This catches Blake by surprise. “So...you didn't want to talk to me?”

“I..uh...er...” Yang struggles to speak, but then takes a moment, and sighs. “Yes...but... I didn't have the balls to do it myself, so...Ruby sent you over for me.”

“Ok....” Blake says, struggling to understand. “So...you do want to talk to me?”

“Yes.”

“Alright, what's the issue?”

“Nothing much....err...” Yang rubs the back of her head. “Well...Ruby and I just had a talk and...”

“And what?...”

Yang sighs “Remember the dance back at Beacon?”

“Yes, quite. What about it?”

“I...um....*sigh*....there was more...than just me being your friend and concerned for you...behind...me asking you to the dance.”

Blake is still confused...and then suddenly her eyes widen. “O...oh. Oh! Uh...” her face quickly becomes red. “I-I...uh...wow...” she then rubs the back of her own head. “Y...you're honest?...”

“...yeah, honest.” Yang says, with a strange smile on her face. Blake is...completely speechless. Yang sighs, then continues to stroke the head of her Stegosaurus, looking at it. Just then, Blake bends down on the other side of the Stegosaur's head, and then starts petting the Stegosaurus. “So....you're certain you feel that way for me?”

“Y...yeah.” Yang stammers, incredibly uncomfortable. “I...I was at first only doing it to be funny, and a friend, but...then...i realized there was more to it. I...I don't know if it's all rooted because of how carefree I am or not, but...I...yeah...”

Yang looks back at the head of her stegosaurus, who's right in the middle of this sensitive conversation...and, for some reason, I feel like it isn't oblivious to it, either. She continues to pet it, looking down, unable to look Blake in the face. “Well...you want to know what I have to say to that?”

Blake replies. Yang sighs “We...said we'd always be honest with each other. You've been honest about the White Fang and everything else...didn't bother us in the end. How much can this hurt?”

“Well...I don't think it will hurt.”

“And why's that?”

Yang continues to pet her stegosaurus to distract her...until Blake rests her hand atop Yang's hand. “Because...the feeling is mutual.”

Yang's frozen stiff at first. She...can't move. Blake gives an uneasy sigh “Hey. I don't like it if you can't look me in the eyes, or at least my face.” Yang slowly looks up into Blake's red, but smiling face. “Y...you're honest?” Yang asks “W...what about you and Sun?”

“Sun?...heh, he's a dork. N...no detriment to him...but...I think i'm...in your same boat. I noted something about you, and over time...I think I just found out something that...well...made me realize how dear you really are to me. I...I can't tell what I have is exactly, if it's just extreme fondness or...but...i've got...something for you.” She gives a strange laugh “You know...I've had my heart broken by a guy before...who did more than just break my heart, but betray me, lie to me, and try to make me like him...and dare to continue to call me his love. I...i want nothing to do with somebody like that. Yet, if that is how my first experience with a guy is going to be....screw it. I'll give up all hopes of being straight.”

Yang snickers and laughs, to which Blake does similarly. “I'm not kidding, in part. I don't ever want to see his face again...but if I need to...I won't run from him anymore...heh, as far as I'm concerned, I'm as far away from him as I'll ever be. I'm grateful for that.”

“Heh...how are you so light-hearted about this?”

“One of us has to be. Although...I...I don't think I'm as 100% as you might be-”

“You're just a poor little kitten dying for affection, right?” Yang jests. Blake snickers “As I said last night...i never thought I'd have the friends I do in you. Thank you for that.”

“It's nothing, Blake. So...how do you want to go about this?...”

“Well...granted our own uncertainties...ordeals only help forge even stronger bonds. I'd say a dinosaur island apocalypse is probably one heck of an ordeal...granted last night, I think...we're getting there, whatever's planned for us, anyway.”

“Heh, to hear Weiss break like that....” Yang says, shaking her head. “But...it was wonderful to hear her speak such things...same goes for you, Blake.”

“And you, too. Yet, as you asked, and I was saying...let's just see how this all works out. Whether or not we get any closer together...just know that at the least I'll always be a faithful friend.”

“Are you playing matchmaker or something?” Weiss says low, turning to me with a smile. “No, not quite.” I say “I'm...just trying to make people happy. Like they said. Whether they stay together or not, we'll all still be alright.”

“I can see those two together though.” Weiss says “I hope they work things out.”

After gathering some more berries, Weiss and I make our way over to Blake and Yang. We put the rest of the berries in the Stegosaur's inventory, make sure it's still under plenty of sedation, then begin to talk among ourselves to pass the time. As we talk happily away with each other, Blake looks to the river...and then locks her gaze on it. White Fang was lying his head across Blake's lap, and looks up at his owner. Blake gives a low whistle to White Fang, who turns his head towards the river....soon enough, he too is locked onto whatever it is Blake is seeing. “What is it, Blake?” I ask, but she doesn't reply. Suddenly, she takes a spear off her back and gives a high-pitched whistle, and she and White Fang spring onto their feet, and dash towards the river. White is obviously the first to the river and dives in with a leap. Blake's right behind him, diving head-first into river. I don't know what's going on, but then the water suddenly explodes with a commotion within it. We quickly stand on our feet as we see violent splashes again and again, a glimpse of White Fang or Blake....and something else. We dash down to the river, and just as we do, all goes quiet...and there's blood in the water. We don't know what's just happened, but now the water is partially red with blood. Suddenly, Blake surfaces from the water, White Fang near her. “What was all that about?!” Weiss says in a panicked tone. Blake's huffing “I'm sorry, it's just that...heh. I think it's better to show you. Yang, mind lending White and I a hand?”

“Sure....” Yang says, a little weary, walking into the water to meet up with Blake. “So...what exactly am I helping you with?”

“Look underwater.” Blake says with a smile. Yang's now chest-deep in the river with Blake. She crouches underwater to examine what's going on...suddenly, she quickly rises to her feet, bursting into laughter “HOLY S***!” She says with a big smile on her face. Blake also starts laughing “What is it?” I ask. “BIG ass coelocanth!” Yang says, before diving underwater. White also dives, before Blake turns and grabs something under the surface. With help from Yang and White Fang, Blake hauls ashore the biggest fish I've seen in my life, to Weiss and my shock. I'm staring at this thing with a shocked, but happy smile – as is Weiss – as they haul it onto the shore. “Look at this thing!!” Yang says, lying on the ground next to it. It's over two times her height in length, making it at LEAST 10-12ft long! “This thing HAS to be like...600 lbs or something!!” she says with a huge smile on her face. The coelocanth's mouth is big enough it looks like it could swallow me head-first whole. I laugh “Leave it to Blake to focus on something like this and immediately attack...granted how much you love that meat.”

“You'll be eating for DAYS!” Yang says laughing. Blake shakes her head. “We will be eating for days.” She replies “And, remembering how much healthier this meat is than most...and with Weiss taking up cooking...I decided I couldn't let it get away.”

“Heh, well, I'll be able to do something with it.” Weiss says winking “Just leave that for me when the time comes.”

Noting how massive the fish is, we all work together to gather the meat from the fish, carving off large, succulent pieces of fish meat. I...I think i'm drooling a little from these pieces. I know there's such a thing here as “Raw Prime Meat”, and this looks on par or even better with that “Raw Prime Fish”, i'd say. I...I think i'm pulling Blake with how good this meat looks...heh, Blake's also showing extreme interest...but not drooling. We get the fish down to just it's head, the fins, and it's tail now. Crouched around it, we start wrapping up what we're doing with the fish. I look up into the face of my sister, who's smiling at me warmly-

RYAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!!”

Something roars, and my sister's face is immediately terrified. Whatever it was, it came from the forest behind Yang, and there's the sound of something big rapidly approaching. Yang and Blake look over their shoulders only to see something large and black burst from the forest. Immediately, all seven of us bolt from the giant Coelocanth carcass. The attacking creature is at least 30 ft long, with medium-length arms, which have three claws each, the “thumb” claw double the length of the others. At first I think it's a black Baryonyx, but its back is covered in glossy, black, downy feathers. There are quill-like feathers on the back of it's arms and the back of it's head, and it's head is thicker, wider, and a little shorter than a Baryonyx. We keep a fair distance as it suddenly opens it's mouth and latches on to the spine of the coelocanth, grabbing the fish with it's jaws and claws, lifting it into the air and gnawing on it profusely. After about ten or so ravenous bites, it's biting slows, as if it realizes that there's practically no meat on it. Still reared, it grabs the tail of the coelocanth with it's right arm, pulls the fish out of it's mouth, then sets it on the ground, tail still being held, and glances over the fish...no meat. It then turns towards us – who have just taken the meat from the fish – with a look of spite I couldn't think a dinosaur of uttering. From what we can see, it's a level 24 male “Megaraptor”. It lets go of the fish, flexes it's claws, and roars at us with one hell of an ungodly roar, it's quill-feathers flaring up, standing on end in an incredibly frightening display. It roars constantly at us angrily, that we DARE steal all the meat from our own kill, which it wanted for itself. From the look on it's angry face it's made it's mind: It wants US instead! It suddenly charges at Weiss and I, claws outstretched. We draw our bows and begin our counter-assault as Pachi, Ember, and White Fang charge in. Even Pachi is agile enough to avoid the creature's bites and swipes as It begins frantically attacking those around it. Would White or Ember latch onto it, it would grab them and tear them off, only to get hit by something else in the process, which would divert it's rage to something else entirely. I'm shocked and terrified of this thing and it's aggression level. Soon, Blake and Weiss run in, switching their bows for Spears, and beginning to violently attack alongside our tames. The Megaraptor continues to attack violently, swinging it's arms and tail to and fro, trying to crush the attackers under it's feet, and trying to constantly bite those around it. Suddenly, it pulls an impressive move, sweeping it's tail low to the ground in a 360 degree spin, knocking everybody either off their feet or away, except for Blake, who leaps up in a backflip over the tail. Just then, the Megaraptor roars, rearing up quickly, and slashes at Blake with it's right arm. Instantly, there's a look of pain on Blake's face as blood splatters from her stomach, the Megaraptor's largest claw piercing through her hide outfit, as well as her stomach, as she's smashed away back towards the Stegosaurus, which has it's left flank towards all this. She ragdolls upon impact with the ground, and small splatters of blood litter the ground from her impact. “BLAKE!” I scream out, and...I wasn't the only one who screamed that. Yang bursts into a complete rage, her hair aflame, and blasts straight at the Megaraptor, delivering a leaping right-haymaker to it's face. The Megaraptor is caught off-guard by this, and whirls around, mouth open. Yang avoids the attack, but is surprised by the Megaraptor's split-second reflex. In the same leap to it's left to grab her, it uses that momentum to suddenly leap at her on her left, grabbing hold of Yang with it's jaws. Yet, at that moment, it doesn't hold on to her for even a second, as an arrow comes flying from out of nowhere, hitting it in it's right eye. It instantly lets her go, and turns to see Blake, lying on her stomach, in front of the stegosaurus. Blake's still shot the Megaraptor in it's eye, allowing Yang to only get grazed by the creature's jaws, and escape easily, unhurt. The Megaraptor turns and begins to charge at Blake in anger at remarkable speed. Yang starts running after it, but then stops...the Megaraptor has stopped as well. Blake looks back behind her...to see the Stegosaurus rising. The Megaraptor roars over and over, quills displayed angrily. The stegosaurus looks down and to it's left, at wounded Blake, then...seems to grow very angry. It looks towards the Megaraptor and gives and bellows back at the Megaraptor in anger. The Megaraptor isn't pleased at all, and continues behaving aggressively. Yang's stegosaurus responds by continuing to bellow back, swinging it's tail in the air as a warning, occasionally slamming it into the ground beneath it. The Megaraptor seems slightly hesitant at first, but lets its rage control it's actions, suddenly charging at Blake and the Stegosaurus. Yang's Stego counters by suddenly turning around at an incredibly quick rate as the Megaraptor charges, the stego's tail bent with the swing. Just as it's back hips are in the right position, in this same, quick, brutal motion, the stegosaurus pushes off the ground with it's back feet, only it's front feet on the ground, using the momentum of the entire movement to power it's tail strike. The Megaraptor leaps, only to receive a vicious bash across the face with the stegosaur's tail spikes. There's blood on impact, and the force of the impact sends the Megaraptor flying back head-first with a shriek of pain around 30 ft away, landing onto it's side. The stegosaur continues through the whole motion, having done an impressive 360 degree maneuver, landing deftly with a loud tremor, Blake having been in no threat at all. All of us are shocked that something so big suddenly moved so quickly. Slowly, weakly, the Megaraptor pushes itself onto four legs, then stands up on two. The entire left side of it's face is gored and wounded. It gives a groan of pain, looking towards Yang's Stegosaurus, which continues to bellow, then at us, who are behaving just as antagonistically towards it. It gives what sounds like a whine, before quickly running back the way it came. Yang stands under a palm tree angrily. She looks back, then brings her arm back quickly, as if to ready a punch, hitting the tree with her elbow, causing a coconut to fall. “F***ING COWARD!” she roars, as she punches the coconut while it falls, sending it flying at least a hundred miles an hour at the back of the fleeing Megaraptor's head. It cries out in pain, stumbling forwards, but not even daring to stop it's panicked escape as it dashes out of sight. Yang's the first one to Blake, who's rolled over onto her back, with Yang's stegosaurus looking down concerned at her. Yang quickly falls onto her knees and carefully puts an arm around Blake's back, slowly lifting her up. “Blake...” she says, her hair extinguished, speaking in fear. “Are...you ok?...” We've all gathered around her by now. Blake coughs to the side, coughing up some blood in the process. “That answer your question?” she says with a sarcastic tone. Yang's scared “I...I didn't...mean it like...i just-”

“I know, Yang.” Blake replies. “I...I think I'm alright. Doesn't feel like it, though.” I look up at Yang's stegosaurus. I just can't help but think...I stare into it's eyes. “That...that wasn't exactly just for you, was it?” I ask it, to which it mumbles in response. “What do you mean?” Weiss asks me. I smile “You know what I mean. That...that wasn't just a 'leave my friend alone' show there....that...was something a little more.” Yang looks directly at her stegosaurus with...a look of gratitude. “I guess you really don't have a peanut-sized brain.” she says “Thanks, Titania.”

“Titania?” I ask. “Sounds nice for her.”

“Regardless...let's get you taken care of, Blake.” Yang says. “Can you stand, Blake?”

“Yeah...just going to need a little help.” she says. Weiss gets the other side of Blake, and she and Yang help slowly lift Blake up onto her feet. “Let's get you cleaned up, alright?” Yang says, to which Blake nods. Slowly we help Blake to the riverside. She takes her shirt off, and we lie her down in the shallow water of the river. There's a large tear in her stomach from where the claw of the megaraptor punctured her stomach. The warm water seems to help ease Blake's pain, as Weiss and Yang start trying to clean Blake's wound. I...don't know what to do. I'm...frozen stiff in fear from seeing the extent of Blake's wound. The blood from her wound is washed out into the river, where a pool of red continues to gather, slowly growing larger and flowing downstream towards the ocean, as well as up the stream slowly. I...I quickly pull open my implant and try to check and see if there's anything I can learn about healing or the like. I quickly look up many kinds of ailments, one of which stands out: “Bleeding”. Quite simply put, it explains that the victim's been gored, and looses blood for a set amount of time unless healed. Then I read, that even the most fatal wounds can be healed over time on the ARK with enough rest. Even broken legs from falling, or getting run through by a triceratops, healing to the point you were never wounded in the first place. I quickly take out some Tintoberry meat from earlier, handing it to Blake. “You're probably hungry.” I say. “Here. Take this.”

“Thank you...” she says, proceeding to wash her mouth out first with water, before starting to eat the piece of meat I've given her. Sure enough, her wound slowly begins to stop bleeding as much. A few minutes go by, and we're still cleaning Blake's wound. Remembering how our cloth gloves were made, I begin to make a long bandage to wrap around Blake's stomach for later. At least Blake's healing, which is a good thing. Just then, we hear the forest back up the river move again....something's coming our way. The thought races through our heads that the Megaraptor might be back, ready to try and finish Blake off...but, knowing how bad that thing noped the hell out after Titania smashed it with her tail, I don't think it's still quite over that trauma. Slowly, it emerges from the forest, near the river. It's on all fours at first, sniffing the water's edge, drawn by the scent of blood. It's...the Baryonyx from before! It continues to sniff the water before looking up, and seeing us...It the way it looks at us...it definitely remembers us. It's showing no signs of aggression, simply drawn here by the scent of blood, but no longer interested upon seeing us. She seems...well, just content with us. She turns towards the water's edge, and starts staring into it, as if to start fishing again. She patiently eyes the surface of the water as we continue to work on Blake with her nearby. By now I'm wrapping the bandage around Blake's stomach, with Yang helping Blake sit up, and assistance from Weiss in covering the wound with the bandage. All seems to be going well. Just then, a splash from further down the river gets my attention, and I turn to my left, looking down the river....there's nothing breaching the surface...and something just tells me something isn't right. “Hey...you all hear that?” I ask. Weiss looks downstream “I...heard something.” she says. We're trying to finish up with Blake's wound as quickly and carefully as we can...suddenly, near Blake, something emerges from the water...the familiar shape of a shark fin. “SHARK!” I scream, to which Blake immediately begins kicking onto her feet, but the pain from her wound drops her back to the floor. Weiss and I grab Blake and quickly try to hurry her onto her feet. Yang pulls out a spear and readies a furious jab at the shark's head...when suddenly, once again, the Baryonyx comes to the rescue, biting the large shark's middle. I can make it out as a level 3 “Squalicorax”. It thrashes violently in the Baryonyx's grasp, as it's thrown then thrown to the opposite shoreline, where it flops about angrily, dying. The Baryonyx suddenly jabs at something else in the water with it's jaws, grabbing another Squalicorax right in front of it's tail fin, and lifting it out of the water tail first. It thrashes violently and latches on to the neck of the Baryonyx. We're still struggling to get Blake out of the water, due to the commotion, as well as her own pain. The Baryonyx flicks it's whole body to throw the Squalicorax into a nearby rock, the impact of which kills it, and sends it flopping onto the beach. Suddenly, there's a massive splash of water. The other two Squalicorax were only around 2 meters long...when suddenly a big one emerges from the foam of the water as we pull Blake ashore. This one is a full five meters in length: and it grabs a vicious hold of Blake's left leg. She screams in pain as the shark violently yanks itself and her to the left, deeper into the water and out of Weiss and my grasp. Weiss and I grab a firm hold of Blake once again just as she slips from us as Yang starts stabbing at the shark frantically. Once again, the Baryonyx attacks, grabbing and biting the shark's tail. White Fang is also very angry, and dives right in, biting the Squalicorax over it's gills on the left side of it's body. I swore with fangs like his, that bite from White Fang would be enough, but this shark is just too aggressive, and doesn't even flinch. It turns quickly into a violent tug of war, with Blake getting torn apart in the middle. She screams as the shark's teeth tear her left leg to shreds with it's thrashing. Suddenly, there's a large bellow, loud thwack, then a splatter of blood. I fear Blake's had her leg torn off, but that flees my mind as the shark goes limp. In the heat of the moment, with the adrenaline...nobody was aware of the fact Titania waded into the water and had delivered a violent attack with her tail. She stands to the left of us, in the water, facing back onto land. Her three tail spikes on the left side of her body are impaled into the shark's body, having impaled and gut the damn thing. It's curved teeth still have her mangled leg in it's jaws, to which Yang pries open with ease, the shark no longer alive. Yang opens the shark's mouth, then lifts Blake's bloodied leg off of the shark's lower jaws. Level in the 80s or not, Blake's gotten torn apart by the dead level 45 Squalicorax male. Her left leg's pantleg is practically nonexistent, and she's bleeding in several spots on her leg. It's a terrifying, bloody, mangled mess. I'm surprised her leg isn't torn off somehow. All of us are in a panic from this, especially Blake, who's breathing very sparratic with all the blood she's loosing....and then she suddenly stops hyperventilating...and goes limp. “Blake?!” Yang says, shaking her “Blake?!” Weiss puts her ear over Blake's mouth “She...she's not breathing!!”Weiss says. Immediately, Yang starts trying to perform CPR on Blake, as well as mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. She's going frantically: too frantically for it to be effective. “Yang you're not helping!” Weiss says, but is cut-off by Yang “SHUT THE HELL UP!” she roars, trying desperately to revive Blake. Weiss, in a fit of fury, slaps Yang across the face “YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT!”she snaps at Yang. Yang is furious, clenching her fists, then shakes her head in a fit “THEN WHAT ELSE DO I DO?!” she roars.

“Damnit, just let me do half of it and do it in the proper sequence!” Weiss snaps back, to which Yang understands. Yang performs resuscitation as Weiss takes over CPR. I'm...terrified. There's blood everywhere. I...I suddenly clench my fists, and rush over to Blake's wounded leg, and start trying to clean it as quicky and efficiently as I can, splashing up some clean water onto her leg, and keeping her leg elevated. “Blake!!” Yang says, furious, and yet crying at the same time, between breaths of her own and attempts at resuscitation. “C'mon! Blake! Wake up! You'll be fine!! Blake!? BLAKE!!!!”

Archived