SpyGlass FTW - New Player Tip

EzJCLean

Ahh the spy glass. Cheap, easy to craft, unlocked easily, yet it will stay with you and be a common used tool throughout your journey. You many be asking, why on earth would I want a spyglass!? Look at all these other cool engrams I have to choose from! Well take a step back and think about it. I have watched my tribe mates die, Waste hours of in game time, and even lose countless resources because they neglected to assess a situation and scout Dino levels with the spyglass. I want to go over a couple situations that can be made much easier with the use of this cheap but powerful tool.  Taming and leveling your tame.

TAMING - So when you first start out you typically want to get some taming done within the first day or so. The spyglass can be a crucial tool in helping you spot the gender, species, and lvl. dino you're looking for. You no longer need to approach a lvl.80 dillo to see that you have marched straight into deaths hazy green grips. You don't need to go for that lvl.5 male Dodo on the beach that's surrounded by lvl.50 Torpos. This thing will save you so much time and effort. Simply scout the area and see what dinos are surrounding your targeted tame. and understand what situation you are getting into. 

LEVELING YOUR TAMES - So a real life situation - my tribe mate sat for two hours taming a lvl.40 Carno. ( he also died several times defending it from torpos ) only to have it killed within 30 min. Once it was tamed he excitedly claimed " Now it's time to murder everything! " and murder he did. Running aimlessly to anything in his path and destroying it, until he charged into a pack or high lvl. raptors accompanied by Therizinosaurus. DEAD. I just laughed. Scout your target - and make sure you can take it. Don't make the same mistake and lose a tame you just put real time and effort into. As a rule of thumb, you should also scout any dinos surrounding your target and have confidence you can take them all in a fight. Too many times I have gone for a single target only to find myself in an all out brawling dino murder orgy.....

There are so many other situations where this little guys shines, you can scout chest in the open and see if they are locked or not, check health of structures and many other very useful applications for PVP & PVE. Moral of the story, Hotbar that Spyglass and make it a habit.

Thanks

Archived