A little clarification, if you will...

DarkEliteH2

. . .What, you thought this was gonna be, yet, another thread of an exasperated player expressing their salt and dismay over another botch tactic given by WC?

I'm already feeling malcontent to the lack of desire to do a full-on wipe of all servers to set back the tribes that like to dabble on the dark side, a la duping. Here's to hoping we all find a suitable--open--server on the new cluster in a reasonable amount of time; I'm rather patient in a sense, considering I literally have nothing to my name on the game :')

What I need clarification in, is the announcement of cross-platform play.

First off, are Steam players automatically getting the upgrade to Windows 10? Or do we have to pay again to get another copy?

Secondly, are Windows 10 players and Xbox players able to play together on the same server? Does that mean Windows 10 servers and Xbox servers are gonna become one 'master' list for both platform players to choose from? 'cause I've got friends that play on PC, and while I can do so myself, my preference wholly lies on the console. I'd like to know if the possibility is there for us to play together, despite the platform differences :)

• Volunteer Moderator
54 minutes ago, DarkEliteH2 said:

. . .What, you thought this was gonna be, yet, another thread of an exasperated player expressing their salt and dismay over another botch tactic given by WC?

I'm already feeling malcontent to the lack of desire to do a full-on wipe of all servers to set back the tribes that like to dabble on the dark side, a la duping. Here's to hoping we all find a suitable--open--server on the new cluster in a reasonable amount of time; I'm rather patient in a sense, considering I literally have nothing to my name on the game :')

What I need clarification in, is the announcement of cross-platform play.

First off, are Steam players automatically getting the upgrade to Windows 10? Or do we have to pay again to get another copy?

Secondly, are Windows 10 players and Xbox players able to play together on the same server? Does that mean Windows 10 servers and Xbox servers are gonna become one 'master' list for both platform players to choose from? 'cause I've got friends that play on PC, and while I can do so myself, my preference wholly lies on the console. I'd like to know if the possibility is there for us to play together, despite the platform differences :)

Steam is a separate entity and you will need to purchase ark again in the Microsoft store. From what I have read.

So only cross play between Microsoft store version and xbox. 

Hope this helps

Archived