No server transfers / thank you old players

Icense

The shell of his mother. 3 years playing a game so wildcard does not activate the transfer in primitive plus. 4100 hours played. Of course disable the support for the old servers, total old players were not those who were banked the thousands of pelotudeces and infinite bugs / supported the game to grow. Thank you for both Wildcard. old players

3 minutes ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Well, to be fair they would have to hire a whole bunch of GM's to support the old servers, it really wouldn't be a profitable emteprise for them. As for P+ transfers I have no idea why they would do that. My only gripe with this situation.

Short and sweet... All the old servers need to be wiped due to the duping/exploits.

They just went about it the wrong way because "someone" made the rookie mistake of promising no wipes.

7 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Short and sweet... All the old servers need to be wiped due to the duping/exploits.

They just went about it the wrong way because "someone" made the rookie mistake of promising no wipes.

True, they must be kicking themselves for make Ng that mistake. Probably one of the reasons they didn't communicate much, as many things are going to be changed. When they do comment on something it haunts them for the best part of a year... :(

7 hours ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Well, to be fair they would have to hire a whole bunch of GM's to support the old servers, it really wouldn't be a profitable emteprise for them. As for P+ transfers I have no idea why they would do that. My only gripe with this situation.

Blizzard had volunteer GM's from the player base for quite a long time. No reason wildcard couldn't do that.

Just now, Thugalicious said:

Blizzard had volunteer GM's from the player base for quite a long time. No reason wildcard couldn't do that.

But blizzard is also an established company which made one of the most successful games of all time, in pretty sure half of the diehard fans would lay down their lives for the devs. Of course this semi-applies for ark, and I by no means am an expert on this subject, so I will concede to your point

Definitely enough features server side to reveal those abusing admin powers if they did and the vetting process for recruitment could  be made into a strongly dislike to strongly agree questionnaire.  Then tie it down to if abuse these powers then you're banned from the official server network to keep them in line.

21 minutes ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

True, they must be kicking themselves for make Ng that mistake. Probably one of the reasons they didn't communicate much, as many things are going to be changed. When they do comment on something it haunts them for the best part of a year... :(

I have to agree here. This whole thing could have been avoided if they flat out said they would wipe all servers at launch when this started EA. They could have made it very clear if that was the case. Unfortunately/fortunately they didnt and now we are in this mess lol. 

I have heard this mindset on these forums for a long time and i cant believe that anyone thinks the new players stand any more of a chance than they did before. Do you realize that before duping there were alpha tribes who tamed and grinded and raised armies of dinos and wiped every small tribe they came across? These changes give you no more of a shot at lasting more than a week than before. The old players will keep their bases on legacy, they will also build on new servers and grind harder than you and wipe you. Candyland Ark is not being released so instead of dancing on what you think are the grave of old players, close your browser and start thinking of how you are going to get good because established tribes with 30 plus members are going to be coming to the new servers to grind and not dup and you will be right back to where you are now.

13 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I have to agree here. This whole thing could have been avoided if they flat out said they would wipe all servers at launch when this started EA. They could have made it very clear if that was the case. Unfortunately/fortunately they didnt and now we are in this mess lol. 

And how many people would have put in the amount of time they did if wildcard said from day 1 they would wipe servers? The game would have been dead and there would have only been a small % of people testing the early access. It would have hurt wildcard a lot more than help them by announcing a wipe from the start 

13 minutes ago, Assisted said:

And how many people would have put in the amount of time they did if wildcard said from day 1 they would wipe servers? The game would have been dead and there would have only been a small % of people testing the early access. It would have hurt wildcard a lot more than help them by announcing a wipe from the start 

I beg to differ. I have been involved in betas of other MMOs. The beta testers worked just as hard, if not harder, even though they knew all their work was going to be wiped simply because they knew they were working to get the best game made. We were given a thank you gift for our hard work, and had a bit of an advantage when game launched in that we knew where key resources and objects could be found, and what to expect from the environment. Knowing the mechanics gives you a distinct advantage. Being honest with your playerbase builds loyalty, trust, and positive reviews. Treating your playerbase the way WildCard has does none of those things. Folks are skeptical of their intent now and take what they have to say with a very large salt mine!!

19 minutes ago, Assisted said:

exactly the crux right here,  i cant imagine anyone i know would have breed gigas or tusos if it was clear we couldnt keep them, all servers would have become ghosttowns by now, bad publicity, wildcard does whats best for wildcard, not for their players, we helped them build their game and we get poop on for it, worst company 2017 

18 minutes ago, X111 said:

I feel sorry for the new players who have no prior knowledge, tribes, associates etc

our 1yr tribe is transferring to new servers, with our alliances, so unless these players have kept up with ALL youtube vids on how things are done then they will still feel the same as when joining a legacy server

I am new to the game, week now. Myself and two others are starting out. Don't feel sorry for us newb's, we will learn just like you all learned in the beginning. So we get out butts handed to us in the beginning, hopefully it doesn't stay that way. 

One last big royal f u to P+ players.

"You stayed when we wiped on DLC release without any notice? Here have updates every 3 god damn months. Oh the updates break more than they fix and you still playing? Have a SE expansion, which you cant play on P+, still there? Well, you give us no choice we need to wipe everything you got without even a hope of saving your lvls." 

I think that is pretty accurate thought proccess... :D ahh I love WC

23 minutes ago, catnip said:

I beg to differ. I have been involved in betas of other MMOs. The beta testers worked just as hard, if not harder, even though they knew all their work was going to be wiped simply because they knew they were working to get the best game made. We were given a thank you gift for our hard work, and had a bit of an advantage when game launched in that we knew where key resources and objects could be found, and what to expect from the environment. Knowing the mechanics gives you a distinct advantage. Being honest with your playerbase builds loyalty, trust, and positive reviews. Treating your playerbase the way WildCard has does none of those things. Folks are skeptical of their intent now and take what they have to say with a very large salt mine!!

Yes but how many other betas or early access games require the time this game does... to even have a shot on official pvp this game becomes a 2nd full time job. Sure, some people would have done it, but the majority wouldn't have. I don't get how anyone could think that even half the playerbase would have played through early access knowing a wipe would happen. 

22 minutes ago, AzRattler said:

I am new to the game, week now. Myself and two others are starting out. Don't feel sorry for us newb's, we will learn just like you all learned in the beginning. So we get out butts handed to us in the beginning, hopefully it doesn't stay that way. 

I get what you're saying but I'm talking about the best methods for example, easy tame vs. frustrating tame. fast track kibble trees, best methods of XP gains, area claiming etc

we tested over 2 weeks building from scratch on new characters on a separate server and we had kibble farms, big build area and lvl40 in the first week. by the end of the second week we were getting ready to perfect tame a 140 rex

im not saying its hard work but its not straightforward either and with prior knowledge on how things work including best build methods etc its not so much learning as repeating for the experienced players.

1 hour ago, TheSpirit said:

One last big royal f u to P+ players.

"You stayed when we wiped on DLC release without any notice? Here have updates every 3 god damn months. Oh the updates break more than they fix and you still playing? Have a SE expansion, which you cant play on P+, still there? Well, you give us no choice we need to wipe everything you got without even a hope of saving your lvls." 

I think that is pretty accurate thought proccess... :D ahh I love WC

GG WP

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

They wouldn't do that.  They needed as many people playing as possible all the way up to release.  If they had made it clear that everything was going to be wiped on release they wouldn't have the numbers they did.

People say "rookie mistake blah blah" no no they aren't rookies and it wasn't a mistake.

10 hours ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Because you think they will hire a ''whole bunch of GM's to support new servers''.

Ha...the joke's on you.

4 hours ago, ILuvTheAwesomeDevs said:

Yeah they have a serious case of foot in mouth syndrome.

7 hours ago, Thugalicious said:

Hahahaha what?!? Where did you get this info from? I assure you it is not true. I have 2 RL friends that still work for Blizzard and they always had their GMs on site. I interviewed for a position and found out the pay was horrible and passed on the job.The GMs have always been paid for their services, they were not volunteers. One site was in Southern California and eventually moved to Texas. You might be confusing their forum Mods (along with the MVP system) with their GMs. Big difference.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to No server transfers / thank you old players

Archived