Legacy Servers Worth Playing Right Now?

kwolfaudio

• Volunteer Moderator

@kwolfaudio

despite current misconceptions Legacy is alive and well and is definitely worthy of consideration. we are on 423 (island) and 694 (se) and while we have seen a few leave for the new servers most are staying (and some will come back i bet).  we have an excellent, helpful community, and have alot of fun together. we have traders/breeders with some of the best dinos in Ark, public forges and grills, and although it is one of the older servers there is still quite a bit of room to build. just thought i would give another view other than the current "legacy is dead" bit.

idk, they can have our legacy server when they pry it from our cold dead hands :D

4 minutes ago, SuperGenki said:

..but you can't transfer duped legacy items and dinos to the new servers.

Not everything is duped. There are some legit tribes out there, especially in pve. PvP is fun for awhile but you get to a point where you have spent so much time on a base, only to log back and it's all gone. Kind of disheartening. 

And for those that think that alpha tribes won't spring back up, have more than anyone else the first week or 2, and start wiping the server again is a bit foolish.  PvP servers will be the alpha tribe wiping everyone who is there or shows up. What makes you think that they won't block obs and player spawn points on a new server? Or allow anyone to build anything out of metal. You build a metal wall, well, you're toast. 

1 minute ago, BigRed1227 said:

Not everything is duped. There are some legit tribes out there, especially in pve. PvP is fun for awhile but you get to a point where you have spent so much time on a base, only to log back and it's all gone. Kind of disheartening. 

And for those that think that alpha tribes won't spring back up, have more than anyone else the first week or 2, and start wiping the server again is a bit foolish.  PvP servers will be the alpha tribe wiping everyone who is there or shows up. What makes you think that they won't block obs and player spawn points on a new server? Or allow anyone to build anything out of metal. You build a metal wall, well, you're toast. 

The concept behind not being able to transfer from legacy to new clusters is to maintain an even playing field and quarantine any exploited materials.

Yep, I would be surprised if the Obs were not one of the first things claimed on the new PVP servers.

Not sure about PC but for PS4 legacy is pretty much the only way to go at the moment, all the servers are overful, some as high as 110/70 overcapped while everyone rushes around trying to be the next alpha or clog up a server with all their followers so no one else can get a foothold before them. (Im looking at you OC streamers) Too few servers, no region lock - GGwildcash.

I was able to get on my Legacy (PVE) last night and everything seemed relatively normal (aside from a sleeping squatter that got stuck inside my base).  HalfSlab is correct though, Legacy is on a timer, nobody knows how long a particular server will last so if you do choose to play on one, you'd better go into it presuming that you're sinking time.

Solo PvP player on PC (feel it's required to mention platform since the experience is so different for consoles it sounds), and made the jump to the new officials. It's an awesome, messy, ridiculous, experience right now, and it's a hell of a lot of fun.

There are a lot of alphas and would be alphas competing right now to lock down servers, trying to crush all opposition, etc. and I assume that's only going to get more intense over the coming days and weeks. However, it's never been easier to hide in my opinion. With newbies building thatch on top of metal spawns, all over the beaches, near obs, on top of hills, etc. etc. who cares or is going to go looking for my hidden 2x2? So far the answer is no one.

The servers are very full, but appear to be not all at cap today (PC), so my concern is that if WC doesn't provide enough the current number will eventually be completely locked down by alphas. Previously, there were plenty of low population PvP servers where if you kept your head down and didn't step on toes you'd be fine if you didn't get unlucky (my experience anyway), but if the population is greatly condensed, that's going to get a lot more difficult under the current rule set. My biggest fear is that this "adding new servers" thing is going to wind up as another 12-24 and we'll end up with most servers with 20-50 players (~50%) from the same tribe/alliance on constantly to ensure that no one new can ever get a foothold.

Anyway, as is always the case with PvP be mentally and emotionally prepared to lose everything, then don't get upset, figure out a way to get even or at least hit back B|

Archived