The Secret of the Launch Trailer: For Those Who Didn't Catch it

CyanicEmber

Many of you know by now that Jeremy tweeted about the existence of a hidden secret in the launch trailer.

Part way through the trailer there is a QR Code painted onto an in-game canvas. When scanned by a mobile device it leads to the following link: http://playark.com/a/

If you look closely and try to piece together the image being illuminated, it appears to be a weathered ARK logo... covered in algae. A similar treatment was done to the logo for Scorched Earth. Further examination seems to indicate that it is underwater, and there is plankton floating about.

The countdown timer ends the 1st of September, several days after launch. My belief is that on September first Wildcard will drop the first trailer for the next official Ark Expansion Pack, and that it will be the Oceanic/Isles Ark that was mentioned early in development.

HYPE.

What do you all think?

It'll be a day one purchase for me, that's for sure! So excited!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, it'll be the first of the two paid DLCs.

The timing is exactly what I expected, in order to avoid rage and tears that came from releasing Scorched Earth during development.

Oceanic/Island sounds boring as hell to me, unless they're going to really include a lot of options to build under water and they're not going to have Leeds, etc

2 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

Many of you know by now that Jeremy tweeted about the existence of a hidden secret in the launch trailer.

Part way through the trailer there is a QR Code painted onto an in-game canvas. When scanned by a mobile device it leads to the following link: http://playark.com/a/

If you look closely and try to piece together the image being illuminated, it appears to be a weathered ARK logo... covered in algae. A similar treatment was done to the logo for Scorched Earth. Further examination seems to indicate that it is underwater, and there is plankton floating about.

The countdown timer ends the 1st of September, several days after launch. My belief is that on September first Wildcard will drop the first trailer for the next official Ark Expansion Pack, and that it will be the Oceanic/Isles Ark that was mentioned early in development.

HYPE.

What do you all think?

It'll be a day one purchase for me, that's for sure! So excited!

i think its a new expansion

I don't like the actullay DLC scorched earth, so a new one ... meh :-).
The logo in the screen looks for me a bit of "hive" theme, seen n the first seconds of the trailer. If this a Ocean DLC .... damn I have to buy it, I like the island and the coastl enviroment.

But for real, this is just the timer then the server go up again after tuesday :-)

12 minutes ago, GeoSeb said:

I don't like the actullay DLC scorched earth, so a new one ... meh :-).
The logo in the screen looks for me a bit of "hive" theme, seen n the first seconds of the trailer. If this a Ocean DLC .... damn I have to buy it, I like the island and the coastl enviroment.

But for real, this is just the timer then the server go up again after tuesday :-)

If you calculate the timer its goes 3 days past launch O.o

Really hope its not an purely ocean dlc. They would separate they player base if relasing a dlc with purely water. Many players dont actually like the water so much and it is a bit frightening to play alone to say the least. I personally do not like purely water games. If I wanted that Id buy Subnautica instead. I hope it is either a flying island theme with lots of flyers or a ''Frosted Earth'' Theme. There is a pic in the trailer with cold biome on the left, scorched on the right so my hopes are up for the cold biome. :-)

It might even be the full Dragonpunk ''mod', their trailer has been ''work in progress'' for soooo long and yesterday it was supposed to be released, but then there came a tweet that it was postponed to next week instead.. There is something fishy with those very experienced modders, seem way to proffesional to just be a mod in my ears. Even the floating hologram in the ark trailer does for sure look as one of their ''Leviathan'' animals. Well just se but lets hope for Dragonpunk or ''Frosted Earth'' if u ask me :-)

Archived