Something everyone tends to forget at the moment

ZeroSeconds

Everyone is quite busy raging and ranting at wildcard for basicly "pulling the plug" on the legacy servers and deleting a lot of more servers than promised but there's something that everyone forgot to ask at the moment.

what will happen to the forums, in particular the trading forum. Are we going to get a chaos mixed forum legacy + official + PvE + PvP? Or are there actually some plans in place to seperate these things? 

Another thing is if the legacy servers are no longer being supported by wildcard does that mean that wildcard rules still apply to those servers or will it become just a duping/cheating/griefing fest in there? 

How can rules apply if something isnt policed?

If I put down $1,000,000 and say "Hey, youre not allowed to take that. Seriously. Dont touch it."

"...if you do touch it though, I will do absolutely nothing about it and you are completely free to do as you want with it, nothing bad will ever happen to you for taking it."

Are you going to take that money? Yes. Yes you are.

It doesnt matter how many rules they set if they're not going to enforce them then dont waste the time writing them.

It always has been double standards with wildcard, they could implement things like botwatch and stuff (battleeye does not prevent these things) and enforce them on legacy too but doubt it too, the main question was about the forums, inbe4 the whole trading section gets deleted for new servers, that would be just a shame. 

The double standards will still stay on officials I reckon, you'd still have to be quite lucky to get a reply on any ticket let alone actually getting a reasonable response. So even griefing/kiting/claiming grounds will still be an issue on new servers I guess since as the replies on my tickets always said: "this is currently not against wildcard rules, closed." 

There is still so much that needs to be improved that I honestly dont feel the game is ready for official release. Just stop and think for a second: when was the last time ark had an update which didn't need an (almost) insant update to fix the things broken in the original fix? Release date ark will be offline because they dont prepare the servers for massive data flow and I'll bet you there will be instantly at least 2 things that will go wrong and will need fixing. 

I dont know, we'll see I guess. Just prepare ur topics, comments and tickets because as of 29th we are no longer the "testers" and stuff better be good ;)

Honestly, the way they go on, I dont think the game will ever be ready.

Besides all of this, WC is a business. Name 1 successful business that completely and frequently ignores its customers/consumers, doesnt give them what they want, doesnt listen to their feedback and actually forces them out of using their product. It isn't a recipe for success and its a worrying shame as the game has such great potential.

People are annoyed because they like the game. They like their product, and they treat it like a bad thing if even paying any attention to it at all.

2 minutes ago, Megar said:

Like if people were banned by duping before lol, only people well known for doing it, and fighting other massive tribe got banned. If you summited a ticket regarding someone duping, I doubt it would even get answered.

True, my tribe has Rex's with over 2000% melee dmg on pvp(apparently stolen from chinese hackers), saw a giga with 1800%dmg on pve once before the guy killed it and abanded the game, reported both, still dont see a vac here and nothing on chinese/russian hackers doing it they're trying to fix this problem by wiping everything us honest players have built, I supported this game a few days after it was released, took a long break but here I am 9 months playing on 4 different accounts total of almost 8k hours within these 2 years, I wouldnt mind a full wipe really, but I would mind broken promises and blatant lies from the devs....

I'll be actually helpful OP and say, my guess is it won't change very much. As long as they keep the trade forums separated by console, then it seems like an unnecessary step to make a Legacy/non-Legacy section, when the person making a trade thread can easily just state which they are on in their trade thread or in the thread's title.

So I don't foresee any sort of change, since for the most part, it would be a convenience change at best and not a necessity. But as always, I could be wrong. We'd have to wait and see, or hope a dev see's this and answers it directly.

21 hours ago, Demerus said:

they will probably just add "Legacy" + "Non-Legacy" to the dropdown when you create a trade topic.

LPVP

NLPVP

LPVE

NLPVE

,etc

i suspect forum section for legacy will not exist. and if you post saying you are trading for legacy it will get a lock down and mod move to somewhere it will never be seen. Legacy is dead. promises broken and support will still suck but they will get a bunch more ppls money to go with our money they already have.

Archived