Ragnarok and Legacy Servers

Nokosa

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, Nokosa said:

Do we know whether or not Legacy servers will still be able to transfer to the current Ragnarok servers?

Are there going to be new Ragnarok servers and Legacy Ragnarok servers?

Legacy clusters for PS4 and for Xbox will still be receiving Ragnarok servers. Legacy servers will also receive all of the same fixes and content that the new cluster will.

from announcement

1 minute ago, Captnmorgan said:

Legacy clusters for PS4 and for Xbox will still be receiving Ragnarok servers. Legacy servers will also receive all of the same fixes and content that the new cluster will.

from announcement

Right, but this does not clarify if the brand new Rag servers they released at launch of Rag will be Legacy or not.

Edit: This is PC we're talking about.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Nokosa said:

Right, but this does not clarify if the brand new Rag servers they released at launch of Rag will be Legacy or not.

Oh I see.. yes new servers will have rag... And legacy will have rag servers... As far as I'm aware yes it will be avail the 29th rag servers.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Nokosa said:

Thank you. So the current Rag servers will remain in the Legacy cluster. Thank you for clarifying.

yes if you are on pc... Yes they will remain legacy rag servers..And new servers for pc will get rag servers as well. If you are on console they will have legacy rag servers added as well as rag servers to new servers... As far as I am aware from that announcement... 

1 minute ago, Captnmorgan said:

yes if you are on pc... Yes they will remain legacy rag servers..And new servers for pc will get rag servers as well. If you are on console they will have legacy rag servers added as well as rag servers to new servers... As far as I am aware from that announcement... 

Getting into the performance IT mumbo jumbo now.   Will the new servers provide better technology to mitigate rubber banding and random disconnects?  My level 90 can burn if that's the case.   :)

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, jjt said:

Getting into the performance IT mumbo jumbo now.   Will the new servers provide better technology to mitigate rubber banding and random disconnects?  My level 90 can burn if that's the case.   :)

sorry I have no information on that stuff I'm a player like you guys and volunteer... I get most of my info like you guys from reading on the forums... But from what I have read most likely .. I think it was in announcement or couple before... 

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, jjt said:

At that time we'll be rolling out the new server code and infrastructure necessary to prevent critical issues such as server crashing exploits, duping, and DDoSing, so they will not affect the batch of new servers (as well as the legacy ones, going forward).

Hope this answers was in the state of the game.

20 minutes ago, Nokosa said:

The people at Wildcard need education on communication. 

The question is still unanswered. Are the CURRENT Ragnarok servers becoming LEGACY, or will they be made Official and NEW, LEGACY Rag servers added?

Keep in mind, as has already been "communicated" to you, we don't work for Wildcard... we can only tell you what we have ascertained from the forums and official announcements in an effort to help.

To clarify, it is my understanding that if a server is currently operating (Ragnarok or otherwise) it will be a legacy server after launch (assuming it isn't on the list to be re-purposed).

1 minute ago, ranger1presents said:

Keep in mind, as has already been "communicated" to you, we don't work for Wildcard... we can only tell you what we have ascertained from the forums and official announcements in an effort to help.

To clarify, it is my understanding that if a server is currently operating (Ragnarok or otherwise) it will be a legacy server after launch (assuming it isn't on the list to be re-purposed).

I wasn't saying the people in this thread needed better communication. Wildcards posts, patch notes, announcements, all require several days of clarification because they don't seem to have the capability of answering questions before they're asked.

I'd like an official word. Not that I don't appreciate your opinion, but it is something that needs to be addressed by Wildcard.

Archived