Question regarding Alleged comment by Jat

onizuka89

According to someone on the thread about the great migration, someone said Jat stated the following in the comment field of the state of the game: 

"We'll be making a new PvP Cluster, and the current PvP one will become a legacy cluster (indicating that the servers are not fresh on retail launch). PvE will not go through that process, and for now will remain as is, though if there are 'ghost-town' PvE servers, they may get repurposed. Keep in mind with PvE; it's not entirely set in stone and if things change, we'll indicate it as such. All PvE players need to know right now is that they're not getting wiped, and they will be able to access the new content."

I don't know whether this is true or not since searching rarely gives the results I want on forums, but if it is true, then will legacy PVE servers be available to transfer to the new ones?

Am pretty sure that is the right quote. This was indeed the case in the original legacy statement. There was not going to.be legacy pve servers, just the ones that we have just now plus extras i beleive. Then for some reason only a few hours later they reversed that decision. I am still fuming over this decision.

7 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Am pretty sure that is the right quote. This was indeed the case in the original legacy statement. There was not going to.be legacy pve servers, just the ones that we have just now plus extras i beleive. Then for some reason only a few hours later they reversed that decision. I am still fuming over this decision.

So you are saying then there will be legacy PVE servers? And then we wont be able to transfer stuff from the old pve to the new ones? :/ that's an awful decision. 

3 minutes ago, onizuka89 said:

So you are saying then there will be legacy PVE servers? And then we wont be able to transfer stuff from the old pve to the new ones? :/ that's an awful decision. 

Oh I missed the question. Yes there will be PvE legacy servers and you wont be able to transfer from legacy to new and visa versa, just like the PvP ones. The confirmation of this came after the quote you posted, reversing the decision in that quote.

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh I missed the question. Yes there will be PvE legacy servers and you wont be able to transfer from legacy to new and visa versa, just like the PvP ones. The confirmation of this came after the quote you posted, reversing the decision in that quote.

How nice of them. 

Honestly I don't really see the point to make PvE legacy servers. I mean, if new players join to a "legacy" pve, it could be more beneficial for them, because the older players could help them to set up a base and such, so the chance that new player would stay is higher. WC really should re-think this, if they don't wish to lose a big amount of players.  

20 minutes ago, onizuka89 said:

They had to seperate the 2 clusters, if they didnt, tribes on the legacy servers would have been amassing metal pillars on the old servers and then as soon as thr new servers popped up, transfer the pillars and within minutes own all of the land on all of the new servers. Then they would prob turn around and charge new players to remove pillars so they can build. Go ahead tell me i am wrong, but i know that is the reason for the change

6 minutes ago, Supaciv said:

They had to seperate the 2 clusters, if they didnt, tribes on the legacy servers would have been amassing metal pillars on the old servers and then as soon as thr new servers popped up, transfer the pillars and within minutes own all of the land on all of the new servers. Then they would prob turn around and charge new players to remove pillars so they can build. Go ahead tell me i am wrong, but i know that is the reason for the change

I am not going to tell you that your wrong, because you are probably right. But this will probably happen anyway separation or no sperartion, it'll be a massive  land grab at first be it metal pillars or wooden pillars. Old players will have an advantage over new players anyway.

After say 2 months or by Christmas when the next wave of new players comes, we will be back to square one. 

18 minutes ago, Supaciv said:

They could have do it as they did with SE. First months there werent any transfer from Island/Center to SE, and then they made it possible, and it worked/working, so they didnt have to separate it. 

Just now, Supaciv said:

The part i dont get is why are ppl complaining about pve servers not being able to cross with the new servers? You dont need the land, or the dinos only reason i can come up with is to hurry up and grab all the good land and try to profit off of it...

Because if the players would leave, the remaining PVE servers would get wiped too, new players wont go to Legacy servers, so sooner or later, legacy pve servers will lose population because of this decision. 

2 minutes ago, Supaciv said:

The part i dont get is why are ppl complaining about pve servers not being able to cross with the new servers? You dont need the land, or the dinos only reason i can come up with is to hurry up and grab all the good land and try to profit off of it...

...you could make that same exact argument for PVP.

all the elements of the game are in all maps, but we purchased the DLC for a reason.. to access it.

3 minutes ago, bennyrodz said:

all the elements of the game are in all maps, but we purchased the DLC for a reason.. to access it.

and now 90% of the dlc servers are closed

"release the phoenix" to thank the playerbase for making the dlc the success it is

few days later "shut down 90% of SE servers" because inactivity

is it just me, or is this full op poop?

7 minutes ago, bennyrodz said:

Definitely irritated that I paid for DLC and they are going to wipe all the Primitive SE servers.

I preferred the higher difficulty of primitive and Scorched, and recently decided to go Hardcore.

Now all that effort has been wasted.  they could have at least saved a couple of Primitive Scorched servers.

24 minutes ago, bennyrodz said:

Actually no you cant. The players leaving the old pvp servers for the new ones (like myself) are doing so to get away from all the duped crap that polute them. And before you say "well tge nee servers will all be the same in no time" i would rather make the switch and take the chance that the duping issues will be resolved then stay in the current toxic servers we currentlt play on...

1 minute ago, Supaciv said:

Actually no you cant. The players leaving the old pvp servers for the new ones (like myself) are doing so to get away from all the duped crap that polute them. And before you say "well tge nee servers will all be the same in no time" i would rather make the switch and take the chance that the duping issues will be resolved then stay in the current toxic servers we currentlt play on...

...... literally every person who plays ark on ANY platform wants to do the same exact thing to get away from duping.  Whether it be pve, pvp, hardcore, primitive, etc.  No one "needs new land, dinos" what they want is the DLC content as well as not being lagged out of a game every hour.  Not a single person who plays this game needs Ragnok for land or dinos, that argument makes no sense that's why they have dedicated servers.  People just want to access the new content that they purchased 6+ months in advance.

35 minutes ago, bennyrodz said:

...... literally every person who plays ark on ANY platform wants to do the same exact thing to get away from duping.  Whether it be pve, pvp, hardcore, primitive, etc.  No one "needs new land, dinos" what they want is the DLC content as well as not being lagged out of a game every hour.  Not a single person who plays this game needs Ragnok for land or dinos, that argument makes no sense that's why they have dedicated servers.  People just want to access the new content that they purchased 6+ months in advance.

Ok did i miss something? They have said that therr will be new ragnorok servers for the legacy side of things so i dont see the problem. And yes ppl do need ragnorok for dinos, it is the only place to get Griffin and ice wyvern...

1 hour ago, Supaciv said:

It's not so much about land it's about all the new players  (or customers) alot of pve has become about trading raising and selling mut and high level dinos. Having legacy and new servers will hurt the economy of ark PVE and the new players at least for awhile.

40 minutes ago, Supaciv said:

Ok did i miss something? They have said that therr will be new ragnorok servers for the legacy side of things so i dont see the problem. And yes ppl do need ragnorok for dinos, it is the only place to get Griffin and ice wyvern...

no im just clarifying your original point which insinuated PVE only want to cross servers to Ragnok in order to "claim dinos, land.. for profit".  Which I explained makes no sense, because that same exact point can be said about PVP.  Alphas just wanting to cross to Rag to drop all their tech gates. 

Ps. your quote yourself "You dont need the land, or the dinos only reason i can come up with is to hurry up and grab all the good land and try to profit off of it... "

and you just countered your own argument by stating that you DO need Ragnok for dinos. 

21 minutes ago, bennyrodz said:

no im just clarifying your original point which insinuated PVE only want to cross servers to Ragnok in order to "claim dinos, land.. for profit".  Which I explained makes no sense, because that same exact point can be said about PVP.  Alphas just wanting to cross to Rag to drop all their tech gates. 

Ps. your quote yourself "You dont need the land, or the dinos only reason i can come up with is to hurry up and grab all the good land and try to profit off of it... "

and you just countered your own argument by stating that you DO need Ragnok for dinos. 

Ok i was referring to transferring to the new non legacy PVE servers. There is 0 reason for someone to want to transfer therr stuff from old server to new other then land grab for profit. Being as the legacy PVE servers will have access to all maps within themselves, which also means all dinos. Being as i do not play pve ( i find only useful as a beginers intro to the game) my mindset is that i am looking forward to the fresh start onthe non duped servers. Tbh i was rooting for a total wipe of the game at launch

2 minutes ago, Supaciv said:

Ok i was referring to transferring to the new non legacy PVE servers. There is 0 reason for someone to want to transfer therr stuff from old server to new other then land grab for profit. Being as the legacy PVE servers will have access to all maps within themselves, which also means all dinos. Being as i do not play pve ( i find only useful as a beginers intro to the game) my mindset is that i am looking forward to the fresh start onthe non duped servers. Tbh i was rooting for a total wipe of the game at launch

This whole grap land for profit is a big bullpoop, you probably dont understand how PVE works then. 
Most of the people would not go to new server to grab land and profit, they would just like to play on a server which has support and not like "oh, your population went down? WIPE"
Most of us put lots of effort into breeding and building, and we dont even have a chance to save anything from it, if we decide to move, because legacy pve servers soon will become the favorite place of griefers and a*holes, so sure, will have the acces for everything, but if some idiot decide to pillar the whole map around, trap dinos and so on, we would not get ANY help, just because the server is older.  

2 minutes ago, Lya said:

This whole grap land for profit is a big bullpoop, you probably dont understand how PVE works then. 
Most of the people would not go to new server to grab land and profit, they would just like to play on a server which has support and not like "oh, your population went down? WIPE"
Most of us put lots of effort into breeding and building, and we dont even have a chance to save anything from it, if we decide to move, because legacy pve servers soon will become the favorite place of griefers and a*holes, so sure, will have the acces for everything, but if some idiot decide to pillar the whole map around, trap dinos and so on, we would not get ANY help, just because the server is older.  

you get my point exactly.  This has nothing to do with "land" or "profit" its about losing everything you've worked for, and Ark basically stating that they would only assist new servers, so basically new players, and the rest are left to fend for themselves. Legacy servers will become a duping haven now that there will be no repercussions.

Its also about the fact that we helped them through the last 2 years by telling them about there game bugs bad decisions and so on and now there like f u you don't matter anymore were no longer supporting legacy  server's so we either av to put up with people being arseholes duping pillaring being abusive with no support what so ever. So what is the point of keeping legacy servers then might as well just get rid of them all if u can't b bothered to at least try and fix them.

Archived