Please release all legacy server save files

Exay

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jat @Jen i would second this.

You have made choices and plans that are now not really what you have stated of late.

You give people minimum time to move.

Please just give the option of a set date and time to release save states for all the servers (current legacy).

Allow people their choice, I am fairly certain you would see a few more "legacy" servers freed up then also.

29 minutes ago, vtallbloke said:

@Jat @Jen i would second this.

You have made choices and plans that are now not really what you have stated of late.

You give people minimum time to move.

Please just give the option of a set date and time to release save states for all the servers (current legacy).

Allow people their choice, I am fairly certain you would see a few more "legacy" servers freed up then also.

I saw someone post something about Jat saying they would be available on Saturday. Could @Jat or @Jen confirm this? I would love to keep the server that myself and my friends played on alive after all the hours we put into it.

Edit: 

the 2nd to last paragraph has the info you are looking for.

13 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

If they don't release save files for all servers, perhaps it's possible to move to a server about to be re-purposed with all your stuff in that time frame. That should allow them to upload your data at that point. 

I am going to try this.  I am moving fertilized eggs from the next few days, extra mammals, and extra wyverns to a soon to die SE server.  With the hope that I can use that file and run it locally in single player or a local home server.  I will have a majority of my prize possessions from the eggs and the mammals.   I would move all my dinos, but frankly, I don't trust them.  I will not put all my fertilized eggs in one basket.  I will use the console to create missing BPs and parts for a new base.  If it doesn't work, I will still have everything to continue on official.

1 hour ago, dv8ndie said:

I am going to try this.  I am moving fertilized eggs from the next few days, extra mammals, and extra wyverns to a soon to die SE server.  With the hope that I can use that file and run it locally in single player or a local home server.  I will have a majority of my prize possessions from the eggs and the mammals.   I would move all my dinos, but frankly, I don't trust them.  I will not put all my fertilized eggs in one basket.  I will use the console to create missing BPs and parts for a new base.  If it doesn't work, I will still have everything to continue on official.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

If they don't release save files for all servers, perhaps it's possible to move to a server about to be re-purposed with all your stuff in that time frame. That should allow them to upload your data at that point. 

Actually brilliant ideas, thanks for that! Going to try this too with fert eggs so I can at least keep my best dinos.

3 hours ago, dv8ndie said:

You, sir, are a genius. I had the same thought of moving my dinos to a soon-to-be word server but I was worried the save would be from before I migrated. Just moving fert eggs solves that worry! Now I just wish I had extras of my high stat mammals... 

If past history has shown anything, it is that wildcard will screw up the server save files and those at best will be delayed too, and at worst lost altogether. I expect quite a lot of people in this migration will lose everything, not even from people pvp'ing but due to the inability to utilize the cross ark network from their horrible network not being able to handle the traffic. Since they gave only a few days instead of the few weeks like they originally said plus the sheer size of the amount of servers being wiped, the demand on the transfer system is going to be huge.

Bravo Wildcard, way to continue driving your steam ratings down, never before have I seen a developer so bent on destroying its own reputation. At least No Mans Sky did it by accident. It seems here that you are trying to purposefully ruin yourself.

7 minutes ago, MsWolfy said:

Anyone know if the save files can be played on single player?

Yes they can.

5 minutes ago, powerstuck said:

God only knows how much data a single server save holds. Now for one server I can understand giving it...but for 900+ scrapped servers someone is not going to like hosting that many tetrabytes of data and allowing it to be downloaded. 

More insight from Capt. Technical, What would WC do without you man?

Server saves are shmall as by the way.

1 hour ago, powerstuck said:

God only knows how much data a single server save holds. Now for one server I can understand giving it...but for 900+ scrapped servers someone is not going to like hosting that many tetrabytes of data and allowing it to be downloaded. 

have to agree whats said

Having hosted my own for over a year, game saves are like mbs in size and i mean only a couple

Really not that much info at all

Archived