A bit of positive vibes :)

Oldskool

All the forums have been for a while now is doom and gloom, constant complaining. Can we please just look at some of the positives. 

The game we all know and love is finally getting released :D this a big deal!

And all the new dino's, such as the Otter and Pheonix have me very hyped.

I also feel the new start servers will be a good thing for the community in the long run, and building up and starting fresh with all the new changes and things in the game will be totally different experience to that of the early access days. Come on people show WC a bit of love, it ain't all doom and gloom in the world. Just the fact that there are so many people talking on the forums is also a positive, this game has a very strong community and we should take this time to be glad were all a part of it! 

I just thought it needed to be said as this is an exciting time to be an ARK player, and we should sometimes look ahead rather than dwell on the past. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great topic we could do with some positivity :) As much as I disagree with whats going on with the official servers I am excited with exploring the new content. I love this game and cant wait to drown myself in otters, phoenixs and tek wyvern saddles :D Not delveed too deeply into breeding but who wouldnt want otters in all the colours of the rainbow. Not to mention Ragnarok on console :)

Oh dam, didn't even think about otter breeding. Imagine a nice mutated scarf for your travels. I think the new servers will also breathe a bit of fresh air into the breeding and trading in the game. As of 29th on the new cluster no one will have anything. Exciting times. 

I have over 2000 hours into ark, across PS4 and PC which I now main. And even tho I am going for a fresh start I don't see everything that I will leave behind as a loss, its all knowledge and the experience of the game that I will take with me. I always look back to the game that started it all for me Zelda Ocarina of time, I spent countless hours on that game and eventually you leave with nothing, its the experience of playing that you keep with you, if you enjoy playing the game then keep on playing it. Whether fresh or legacy. 

Lol I know right haha. I have a thing about blues and even cyan colours. Inmagine a cyan otter ! I cant wait to go out and start taming them :D

For me I always look back to Pokemon. I have played each game multiple times and have no plans on stopping anytime soon. I am assuming Ark will be the same, as I don't plan on stopping playing anytime soon, probably stop on offical and try the jump to non dedicated maybe.

Just now, AngrySaltire said:

Lol I know right haha. I have a thing about blues and even cyan colours. Inmagine a cyan otter ! I cant wait to go out and start taming them :D

For me I always look back to Pokemon. I have played each game multiple times and have no plans on stopping anytime soon. I am assuming Ark will be the same, as I don't plan on stopping playing anytime soon, probably stop on offical and try the jump to non dedicated maybe.

Yea I always thought ARK has a pokemon vibe about it as well. One of the main reasons I think I like the game so much. Cyan blue otter, I hope they can also wear hats :)

32 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

All the forums have been for a while now is doom and gloom, constant complaining. Can we please just look at some of the positives. 

I also feel the new start servers will be a good thing for the community in the long run, and building up and starting fresh with all the new changes and things in the game will be totally different experience to that of the early access days. Come on people show WC a bit of love, it ain't all doom and gloom in the world. Just the fact that there are so many people talking on the forums is also a positive, this game has a very strong community and we should take this time to be glad were all a part of it! 

I just thought it needed to be said as this is an exciting time to be an ARK player, and we should sometimes look ahead rather than dwell on the past. 

31 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Thank you could use that right now... 

Oh yay! The game is going to be released soon and the new servers will be great and the pheonix and Otter deservers hype oh yay... well let me tell you why none of this matters to me and a lot of other players... The PC kill list says hey prim+ players transfer off your servers with all your dinos and characters. But guess what, in some cruel form of a joke prim+ servers CANT TRANSFER. So the timer is ticking, everyone else is moving but prim+ players are left standing around looking at each other wondering how could WC drop the ball so hard on this.

So you will excuse me if I am not hyped about an otter when my level 100 character and pets are on a doomed server with NO WAY OUT.

Thanks....

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Oh yay! The game is going to be released soon and the new servers will be great and the pheonix and Otter deservers hype oh yay... well let me tell you why none of this matters to me and a lot of other players... The PC kill list says hey prim+ players transfer off your servers with all your dinos and characters. But guess what, in some cruel form of a joke prim+ servers CANT TRANSFER. So the timer is ticking, everyone else is moving but prim+ players are left standing around looking at each other wondering how could WC drop the ball so hard on this.

So you will excuse me if I am not hyped about an otter when my level 100 character and pets are on a doomed server with NO WAY OUT.

Thanks....

Yeah I have nothing to do with those decisions. You want to be mad at me by all means. I am a player like you guys a volunteer... So be mad at me if you like but it will do you no good. I wont hold it against you... 

28 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

For sure there are many good things in ARK. ARK is still a really funny game.

The problem is. This community stated about 100043241234 times that we do not want to see more content...we wan't bugfixes and performance improvements. And this improvements are still missing 5 days before release.

They are not even able to fix the "easiest" things in the game. For example the huge fps loss caused by the floating names !!! (Same size (rendering) for all names, problem solved!)

Other examples:  When you leave big bases, still garbage collect freezes for minutes. / if you transfer many items with T, game freezes for minutes / Still possible to create automatic dino farms which is generating 1000s of babies in a few days and brings each server down.

Or you seen any fixes for the "character lost" problem? You've seen some fixes for the "buffer overflow" when travelling with many items in inventory"? You've seen a fix for the rubberbanding/laggs on all server caused by the autosave?  Have you seen a fix for the server performance problems when you put many boxes on the ground (because physics calculated serverside)?  Have you seen a fix for the "lost items" while travelling (which i gave them an example with the rex kibble)?

You seen nice stone break animations which are confirmed since 2 years?  Have you seen a fix for raining inside houses?

There are 1000s of things like that. Which are easily fixable like Conan has done it with exactly the same Unreal Engine.

Have a look here. NOT a single one of this MAJOR bugs are fixed:

They will completely destroy the game by releasing it now with the actual absolutely unfinished state. Thats the reason why the most players here are raging as hell now! Maybe we are in beta now...but far far away from release quality!

All reviewers will destroy this game now because now there is no more "we are in alpha" excuse...

Looking forward to continue playing on my current server, but I do believe I will start afresh on a new server once my tribe and I decide which is for us. 

There is never anything quite as fresh and nice a feeling than starting again. I have done this with so many games, and it doesnt disappoint me in the thought of doing it again.

If everyone on the new server starts fresh - then what disadvantage am I at?

I like the progress WC makes, I like the interaction with players on the server and forums, and I will continue to like playing ARK whether its on my current server or a new one.

1 minute ago, Toni said:

For sure there are many good things in ARK. ARK is still a really funny game.

The problem is. This community stated about 100043241234 times that we do not want to see more content...we wan't bugfixes and performance improvements. And this improvements are still missing 5 days before release.

They are not even able to fix the "easiest" things in the game. For example the huge fps loss caused by the floating names !!! (Same size (rendering) for all names, problem solved!)

Other examples:  When you leave big bases, still garbage collect freezes for minutes. / if you transfer many items with T, game freezes for minutes / Still possible to create automatic dino farms which is generating 1000s of babies in a few days and brings each server down.

Or you seen any fixes for the "character lost" problem? You've seen some fixes for the "buffer overflow" when travelling with many items in inventory"? You've seen a fix for the rubberbanding/laggs on all server caused by the autosave?  Have you seen a fix for the server performance problems when you put many boxes on the ground (because physics calculated serverside)?  Have you seen a fix for the "lost items" while travelling (which i gave them an example with the rex kibble)?

You seen nice stone break animations which are confirmed since 2 years?  Have you seen a fix for raining inside houses?

There are 1000s of things like that. Which are easily fixable like Conan has done it with exactly the same Unreal Engine.

Have a look here. NOT a single one of this MAJOR bugs are fixed:

They will completely destroy the game by releasing it now with the actual absolutely unfinished state. Thats the reason why the most players here are raging as hell now! Maybe we are in beta now...but far far away from release quality!

All reviewers will destroy this game now because now there is no more "we are in alpha" excuse...

Seriously though, If you are that stressed out and think the game is that terrible then don't play it simple. Constant complaining even on a topic aimed directly at not complaining will achieve nothing. This post was for people sick of the doom and gloom to come and say what they are excited for, not to go on and on. Yes the game has bugs, its a game. 

If you want to go on about the flaws of ark make your own topic on that point. I shall be here talking with people that are trying to see a positive spin on all this. 

8 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Thanks....

Don't get me wrong I am disappointed as much as the next person. While I am not as unlucky as you and I have the option of transfering off my SE server with my tribe and my Island Server is unaffected as of yet, this makes me consider my position on official. I sympathise but can we please keep the positive vibes of this thread... please..... There are other threads for this....

7 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Yeah I have nothing to do with those decisions. You want to be mad at me by all means. I am a player like you guys a volunteer... So be mad at me if you like but it will do you no good. I wont hold it against you... 

I have no anger towards you. I am just desperately trying to get the word out that WC has screwed up with prim+ and because they probably don't even know about it. For one purpose only. So they don't delete all the prim+ players out there while thinking nothing is wrong.

1 minute ago, Anarki said:

Looking forward to continue playing on my current server, but I do believe I will start afresh on a new server once my tribe and I decide which is for us. 

There is never anything quite as fresh and nice a feeling than starting again. I have done this with so many games, and it doesnt disappoint me in the thought of doing it again.

If everyone on the new server starts fresh - then what disadvantage am I at?

I like the progress WC makes, I like the interaction with players on the server and forums, and I will continue to like playing ARK whether its on my current server or a new one.

This is the same way that I am approaching the situation. I actually enjoy the beginnings on ARK, plus there is now allot of useful items that I never really had a use for because I was past the stage. Such as the toilet haha, gotta get that fertilizer. 

1 minute ago, johnm81 said:

I have no anger towards you. I am just desperately trying to get the word out that WC has screwed up with prim+ and because they probably don't even know about it. For one purpose only. So they don't delete all the prim+ players out there while thinking nothing is wrong.

Have you made a topic on this, because that should get some traction. Must be allot of people in that position. 

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

Don't get me wrong I am disappointed as much as the next person. While I am not as unlucky as you and I have the option of transfering off my SE server with my tribe and my Island Server is unaffected as of yet, this makes me consider my position on official. I sympathise but can we please keep the positive vibes of this thread... please..... There are other threads for this....

Positive vibes are not a thing wished into existence despite bad circumstances. Positive vibes are a thing created into existence due to good circumstances. Want the vibes? Create the circumstances.

PS Being trapped on a doomed server is not a good circumstance.

1 minute ago, johnm81 said:

Positive vibes are not a thing wished into existence despite bad circumstances. Positive vibes are a thing created into existence due to good circumstances. Want the vibes? Create the circumstances.

PS Being trapped on a doomed server is not a good circumstance.

No being on a doomed server is not fun but think about it, you could have one last big bang if you wanted on your server if you don't want to transfer.

55 minutes ago, Oldskool said:

Patch day, legacy servers...

You can't tame otters because they are bugged. Phoenix dies because he doesn't eat food after tame. No support. 

How happy are you that you need to start fresh ? 

6 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

It's probably intentional and not a screw up. ALL of the xbox hardcore servers made the kill list, lol, rip. Those were my favorite gamemode.

Archived