New Ark Survival Evolved Official Launch Trailer!

myksta0121

42 minutes ago, seXikanac said:

To be honest, if this was trailer I watched 2 years ago, I would never buy the game

Maybe me too. At least I would've thought about buying it much longer. In the early days I saw a YT-video and had to buy it instantly. The new trailer would've made me think that Ark is a FPS and I hate FPS - the only one I had was CoD: Black Ops on PS3, because my brother gave it to me.

Maybe one day we will see a game similar to Ark with less grind, no overly-futuristic crap and less timesinks - but I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, Varanus8 said:

There are triangle foundations and sloped roofs all over this trailer, I'm thinking that's from S+!

I don't think I saw anything outside of the realms of (current) vanilla ark building wise there? I watched it a little bit slower after I saw your comments; sloped roofs are already in-game (I believe, obviously I just use S+), the octagonal buildings in the village type shot towards then end are do-able with cunning vanilla building tricks, saw a youtube vid on it the other day!

I like where you're going; I was wondering/hoping if it would be incorporated on release, they did say they were thinking about including bits of S+... Just unfortunately I don't think I saw anything there that looked like implying it would be there on release :(

Maybe I missed something and wasn't eagle eyed enough...?

1 hour ago, thedogowl said:

I don't think I saw anything outside of the realms of (current) vanilla ark building wise there? I watched it a little bit slower after I saw your comments; sloped roofs are already in-game (I believe, obviously I just use S+), the octagonal buildings in the village type shot towards then end are do-able with cunning vanilla building tricks, saw a youtube vid on it the other day!

I like where you're going; I was wondering/hoping if it would be incorporated on release, they did say they were thinking about including bits of S+... Just unfortunately I don't think I saw anything there that looked like implying it would be there on release :(

Maybe I missed something and wasn't eagle eyed enough...?

Yeah I know it is possible to make 45 degree corners with vanilla but what stuck out to me is the thatch roofs in that last shot had corner or triangle sloped roofs if they were using vanilla their would be corners sticking out. It's possible they just added that one structure to vanilla but we will find out soon!

51 minutes ago, Varanus8 said:

Yeah I know it is possible to make 45 degree corners with vanilla but what stuck out to me is the thatch roofs in that last shot had corner or triangle sloped roofs if they were using vanilla their would be corners sticking out. It's possible they just added that one structure to vanilla but we will find out soon!

They've used mods in the trailers more times than I can count, and almost always for building. I wouldn't take that as us getting more S+ on release.

• Volunteer Moderator
41 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

They've used mods in the trailers more times than I can count, and almost always for building. I wouldn't take that as us getting more S+ on release.

I can assure you that the only time mods have ever been in trailers has been for mod spotlight trailers. Everything else has been done with 100% vanilla building parameters. It's just that trailer filming has a very dedicated and very talented architecture crew setting up these bases, creature choreographies, and designs.

On topic, I like how everyone talks about the "droidekas" and the tek skins/otter/phoenix, but so far no one is conspiracy theorizing about the two environments you see on the vid screens....

17 minutes ago, Stuartjjones said:

For those that don’t want to pause the video ?

E25EF197-1B3A-49DC-A9CB-6B785FC21C7F.jpeg

Some more info from Helena note 1 in Scorched Earth that could relate:

I had to pick the desert. Why the hell did I pick the desert?

Well, I suppose "pick" is a rather strong word for it. I’m still not entirely certain just how I got that console working, but it suddenly started cycling through holographic images of different destinations far from the island that I’d been living on. Of course, I just had to go and press another button while it was showing off one that contained miles and miles of bloody desert, and here I am.

That’s just typical of me, isn’t it? Always leaping, never looking. Oh well, better make the best of it, and by that, I mean "better not die of heat exhaustion."

My guess on the two images in the first shot is that they are the boss arenas, a snow expansion would not surprise me but in the right image it looks to me like the egg sacks and webs of the broodmother arena . Another thing I noticed in the trailer is in the scene with all the sea creatures the liopluradon did not appear to have the "Magic" partical effect around it could be wishful thinking but people have been asking for a normal lio.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Varanus8 said:

My guess on the two images in the first shot is that they are the boss arenas, a snow expansion would not surprise me but in the right image it looks to me like the egg sacks and webs of the broodmother arena . Another thing I noticed in the trailer is in the scene with all the sea creatures the liopluradon did not appear to have the "Magic" partical effect around it could be wishful thinking but people have been asking for a normal lio.

It has the effect, just hard to see.

Archived