MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, BigRed1227 said:

And your point Is? 

It was FIRST put out on Twitter. That's my point. Not on official, not someone linking it on the forums, but on Twitter. 

If you want to receive/disseminate timely information from anybody these days. 

You use twitter.

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You use twitter.

So then what's the point in an official forum? It really hasn't been used by devs for much over the last 2.5 years. 

Regardless,  it's launch day. Where do you think someone would go if they just picked up the game? I wouldn't search Twitter, I would see what they had as far as info on a FORUM.

Clearly you don't get the point. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, BigRed1227 said:

So then what's the point in an official forum? It really hasn't been used by devs for much over the last 2.5 years. 

Regardless,  it's launch day. Where do you think someone would go if they just picked up the game? I wouldn't search Twitter, I would see what they had as far as info on a FORUM.

Clearly you don't get the point. 

And that info, for the new player, is here. On the forum. At the top of the page.

I truly feel bad for those who had bought the game today. Alpha users already knew WC chances of doing something correct on a realase and we probably gave our last hope in this release. The only OFFICIAL thing is that WC is not ready for such a big game like this.

Not even a simple list with servers, so atm most of the people is thinking about if they have to wait for a new servers or they just lost the slot in new servers. Also the low communication system which piss off all the players, players that have been working for you doing the test of every single patch you did.

And the worst thing of all, the one which is such a same for a company. They want to retain us in this "MEGA-THREAD" which is a MEGA-JAIL itself, we are confined in this post so we cannot flood the forum with the reality. WC has failed on the release.

31 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You use twitter.

But 98% of their posts on twitter are about things none of us really care about at the moment. I don't care about pics of otters or collectors edition games, I want actual news and facts about the state of the game which is something they seem to try and avoid. If they don't know what's going on then maybe they should leave pax and, here's a novel idea, actually do some work to fix the game. It's been excuse after excuse and lie after lie... if they made a mistake then just come out and say "hey guys we messed up and got in over our heads" at least then they'll be telling the truth for once.

2 hours ago, Irk said:

That's all people tie you to because you kept pushing the fact that you left a negative review as if it were a badge of honor. "Guys, I said they suck. lul! Everyone look what I did, I said they no good! I was the first to give 'em a negative review today! lul. G-guys...hello? ...d-did anyone hear me?" is exactly how you come off.

That article, Trendy Entertainment and your apparent hate for Jeremy Stieglitz is absolutely and totally irrelevant to Ark, the video game. I hate how Disney refuses to pay their employees a livable wage considering how much money they make, but that has no impact on my opinion of their parks. I hate how Disney is ran as a company, I love the entertainment they provide me. You seem to have a hard time separating the two and it's making you come off as a very angry, very unhappy, very unpleasant person on the forums. You could hate the company, or the game; that's all fine. But every post of yours I've come across today, you do nothing but talk about your hate for WC, Ark and that you left a negative review. Again, that's all fine and dandy and it's your right to do so. But at a certain point you have to take a step back and ask yourself, "am I really this unhappy about this? Then maybe I should separate myself from this."

The fact that others bring it up and I respond to them bringing it up is not me in any way bringing it up myself. I brought up my negative review on my own ONCE. That is all. I said the game was released, it looked like no one else had left a review yet, and that I did and it was negative. In a thread where I wanted people to share what was in their reviews no less! So take note that all those posts you seem me mentioning it are replies. Try reversing it. "The game has released, doesn't look like anyone else has left a review yet, and I left a review that's positive." Is that a positive sentence, a negative sentence, or a sentence simply delivering facts? If you think it's positive you may want to take a step back and look both over again.

You seem to be reading far too much into others. Anger? Unhappiness? I don't know where you're getting these. Hate? I don't hate anyone associated with Wildcard. I don't like being even tenuously connected to them but I do like the game. I don't recall saying anything to the contrary so I don't know where you got that I don't like ARK.

And your belief that a separation of what goes on behind the scenes and your enjoyment of something is a good thing is beyond bizarre. "Sure this clothing company has child slaves making these clothes but they're sooooo comfy."

"I love these diamonds."

"They're blood diamonds."

"...So?"

Here's something a comedian said his german grandmother once said: "I know german leadership during the war was pretty bad but at least the trains ran on time." I'm pretty sure I've heard that joke before that comedian told it. I think you might get the picture though.

And sorry for the late reply. I missed your post in a tidal wave of forum updates and not being able to check the forums for lengths of time.

edit: I'd also like to point to the "Discussing Game Launch (not servers)" thread and say that THAT is the thread I wanted. It was the thread I was planning on fostering. Nurturing into being. Unfortunately, my previous thread was merged into another completely unrelated thread. I admit my irritation got the better of me and by trying to get that topic going in the other thread I resorted to reporting on the steam reviews. Most of the initial steam reviews were negative. I wasn't making that up. It simply devolved from there.

The reason I kept replying to the others was simply to try and keep the topic I tried to start going and hopefully turn it back into the thread I eventually started anew. That obviously led nowhere. It was only after I took a certain helpful mod's advice that things finally went the way they did. I am thoroughly enjoying that thread even though, yes, I am a Negative Nancy. :D

Great game in the hands of a horible company. The 'Great Migration' was a perfect example of this. In a move to satisfy both the wipe and don't wipe crowds Wild Card decided to wipe 'some' servers upon launch. And a move I agree with. Now this is reasonable. However, they gave everyone only 5 days to do it. And oh wait, it gets better. In some game servers running special modes (primitive plus) they never turned on the ability to transfer! So two days into the 5 day transfer period to escape deletion they finally turn it on and we enter a mad rush to get our many tames and items and characters to the new server. On the 5th day Wild Card puts out a patch (never a smooth roll out) and breaks transfers. More than 24 hours BEFORE transfers close, the transfers close! And, in a true scumbag move Wildcard doesn't postpone deletion. Many characters who were going back and forth between servers to move items were now trapped along with many tames that were about to be uploaded on these doomed servers. Minutes turned into hours and finally the deadline came and many of our tribemates stood on obi transport pads with their tames and items hoping Wild Card would allow them to not be deleted. But it never happened. Thousands of hours of work gone. And the final insult. Never a word on this issue from the dev team despite hundreds of posts on the forums.

Don't get me wrong. The game is great. I will continue to play it. If you are thinking of buying this game, do so with one warning . Only proceed if you are okay with.... without warning having everything you worked for taken from you due to Wild Card for no good reason.

I have 3762 hours in the game.

TLDR: Great game, you will fall in love with it, and Wild Card will rip your heart out spit on your face and ask you to buy their next DLC.

Great Migration = Trail of Tears.

Over 5K hours played, bought the same 2 years ago. What made me angry is how wishy-washy they were about the whole thing. I would rather just get wiped than have false hope. Watching my 15th generation rexes just disappear into the void is not what I had planned for.

We tried to evacuate, but there wasn't enough time to get our dinos transferred and build a new base to hold them in 5 days. Plus, every single server I ever played on was deleted, there was no going home. Importing my data to a private server isn't a fix at all, if I wanted unofficial, I would play unofficial. 

2 minutes ago, jwcash said:

Over 5K hours played, bought the same 2 years ago. What made me angry is how wishy-washy they were about the whole thing. I would rather just get wiped than have false hope. Watching my 15th generation rexes just disappear into the void is not what I had planned for.

We tried to evacuate, but there wasn't enough time to get our dinos transferred and build a new base to hold them in 5 days. Plus, every single server I ever played on was deleted, there was no going home. Importing my data to a private server isn't a fix at all, if I wanted unofficial, I would play unofficial. 

Wow 15th gen rexs... sorry man.

24 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Only proceed if you are okay with.... without warning having everything you worked for taken from you due to Wild Card for no good reason.

Or play unofficial or your own server and avoid 98% of all the issues (and the remaining percent solved with mods).

Officials will always be hell if WC's handling thus far as any indication. This is why I recommended the game, but only if you avoid officials.

31 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Or play unofficial or your own server and avoid 98% of all the issues (and the remaining percent solved with mods).

Officials will always be hell if WC's handling thus far as any indication. This is why I recommended the game, but only if you avoid officials.

Not true. Same risk with unofficial. Speaking from personal experience.

Archived