MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let us find a nail and jam into ark's and wildcards coffin.

Wildcard has done nothing but lie and rob us. And now they cant even let us enjoy the only thing fun about this poopty game, which is the 1st 4 hours on a fresh server. Nah, let us all guess when servers are coming back online. We all know Wildcard has yet to invent time itself.

Nah better add some more payed for dlc, with 1 or 2 unique dinos you wont need for anything. Just so we the modders can mod it into regular ark for free. Only so Wildcard can steal our work and put it into he regular game. Thieves is what they are.

8 minutes ago, JimMorrisonFoo said:

Just a few hours, have patience ffs

I agree that it's a little bit overdramatic. Thought the waiting game does make me antsy too. In a calmer point of view, I think people of just tired of it always being "just a few hours" with WC and that those hours can turn into days easy. Some players don't have the trust left in them to be level headed about it.

Just now, Vrallox said:

My favorite was the redwood update where with less than a day to go they pushed it back a month. Better late then never I suppose. :D

dude i love how we always have to explain to people  who are new on the server that the servers are not really going to go down in exactly 1 hour or 30 minutes,  they are just not used to the wildcardhours :D 

Well said OP, couldn't agree more.  It's obvious they don't want legacy servers to survive, the move of pulling CS from them is the huge red flag.  But why the slow death?  Everyone should know that the dupers will do one of two things.  They will continue to wipe people on PvP legacy until the server is low pop and it gets "re-purposed" or they will move to a new and try it all again there.  PvE Legacies stand a better chance, but then again you still have the trolls that will pillar everything and the legit players will just lose patients and give up.  The lack of CS or admins to help the players battle the things out of their control is a death sentence for legacy server.  But why the slow death?

5 hours ago, Dark2084 said:

Dear Wildcard,

As stated in the title I am a nobody, I don't know you and you don't know me (and honestly have no reason to even concern yourselves with whom myself or any of the other anonymous players are) but you pretended to care about everyone because we have something you want. You created a game that nearly everyone agrees is excellent. In the begining everything was going good but then something changed. The players were still the same, but the need for money grew. Now, as this is a business it is natural that your first priority would be money and nobody can find fault with you for that. What we can find fault with is the constant lies, all of the smoke and mirrors, and the poor leadership in running your business. Jeremy will come out and make a statement, which is great, one of the bosses telling all of us little people/nobody's what is going on . Then Jat makes a statement, kind of confused now because his statement is a little different than Jeremy's. Finally Jen decides she has to make a statement too and now everyone is completely lost because it is totally different from what the actual bosses have said. I can't help but question your ability to run a business but then I take a step back and look at the whole picture. You honestly do know exactly what you are doing. You create just enough confusion and chaos so the players fight amongst themselves, one group tired of feeling used and the other desperately defending your every action because they think you really care about them. Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying here. It's not criticism, if anything it's my way of saying "kudos to you, well played". 

Now here we are on the day of the official release and I see that the "powers that be" have us all tuned up and ready to be played. The only question that remains is for how much longer? In 3 months more servers will be wiped, and then 3 months after that, and then 3 months after that... how much longer are you going to let people cling to the false hope that you actually care about their hard work? You could do the right thing and just announce that there really isn't any way for you to fix the duping/cheating issue without a full wipe and then just do it. Yes people will be upset and quit, but after they've calmed down they'll be back. Yes people will call you liars, but they're already doing that so does it really matter? In the end the only thing that really matters (from Wilcard's point of view) is if they can make enough money to keep the bills paid. What matters to us as players is irrelevant. If 500 people stop playing and 501 start that's all that matters. As long as they can keep moving forward they don't have any reason to look back, nor should they. 

I know that because I made this post I am in for a barrage of insults, criticism, and name calling. My only comment to those that are about to attack me for my personal opinion is "fire away". What you say to me won't change anything, and honestly if you're busy attacking me then that means you're leaving everyone else alone.

Seems like a really wordy way of saying you are salty your server is getting wiped, but ok.

4 hours ago, Dark2084 said:

The only question that remains is for how much longer? In 3 months more servers will be wiped, and then 3 months after that, and then 3 months after that... how much longer are you going to let people cling to the false hope that you actually care about their hard work? You could do the right thing and just announce that there really isn't any way for you to fix the duping/cheating issue without a full wipe and then just do it.

What you're seeing is the result of WC trying to pacify a small percentage of players who were crying for no wipes, because "their time is so precious!" It's painfully obvious to see that WC would have preferred to wipe all servers. They're meeting their player base halfway, with an approach that makes the most sense for them and the direction they'd like to take their product. What boggles my mind is how personally hurt and betrayed players feel due to their decision, even though WC is offering up solutions to help you continue playing how you are.

Players went from "don't wipe us, we have too much stuff!" to "oh god, you don't care just wipe us!" What you're seeing now--with WC pulling customer support from legacy servers--is a direct response to how toxic those official servers have become, while still trying to give those players a tiny place to continue to beat their chest and stomp their feet. They're even offering up server data so you can pick up where you left off. None of this is good enough, because players are selfish and the only thing they're interested in preserving is themselves.

I play on my own dedi server, so I really have no skin in the game about the officials being wiped or not. I will state though that from a business owner perspective: WC should have just stated up front they were going to do what EVERY EA game does at full release and wipe the servers. Period. This is an accepted industry practice, and I've been through tons of games for EA and always expected that to happen, so no salt ever. People whining is not because they are losing their dinos, it's because WC themselves set the expectations. I've read their statements, that there would be no server wipe, to ok we're going to wipe 10% pop servers, to 33%, and then keep revisiting them every quarter. That's stupid, insane, and is bound to cause a PR nightmare for the company. It's not the idea of the wipe, it's the LIES straight up told by the WC head honchos. 

And seriously, anyone who does whine "but my time!"... you bought it EA, you should have expected your time to be wiped out. You weren't here to create dinos to live on forever in posterity... all good things come to an end (eventually even the game itself will end).

37 minutes ago, Irk said:

What you're seeing is the result of WC trying to pacify a small percentage of players who were crying for no wipes, because "their time is so precious!" It's painfully obvious to see that WC would have preferred to wipe all servers. They're meeting their player base halfway, with an approach that makes the most sense for them and the direction they'd like to take their product. What boggles my mind is how personally hurt and betrayed players feel due to their decision, even though WC is offering up solutions to help you continue playing how you are.

Players went from "don't wipe us, we have too much stuff!" to "oh god, you don't care just wipe us!" What you're seeing now--with WC pulling customer support from legacy servers--is a direct response to how toxic those official servers have become, while still trying to give those players a tiny place to continue to beat their chest and stomp their feet. They're even offering up server data so you can pick up where you left off. None of this is good enough, because players are selfish and the only thing they're interested in preserving is themselves.

Yes, there is a whole lot of toxin but it's oozing from Wildcard. The people at Wildcard are the source of the toxin. The small percentage of players who called for a full wipe got their way and the rest supposedly got their way with the legacy servers. The reason some people have switched to calling for a full wipe is because Wildcard, in their incredibly toxic behavior, made sure the people who wanted the legacy servers were punished as much as possible.

"Hi, can you not kill our servers?"

"Sure! But we will make the rest of their lives as miserable as we can!" *stab* *stab* stab*

"Oh god! The servers are bleeding! They're in agony! Please have mercy and put them out of their misery!"

"Hahaha! This is what you get!"

"You monsters!" *swoon*

You get the idea. I'd rather just hang out on my legacy server though. That's what most of the people on it plan to do as well.

2 minutes ago, EleLL said:

I play on my own dedi server, so I really have no skin in the game about the officials being wiped or not. I will state though that from a business owner perspective: WC should have just stated up front they were going to do what EVERY EA game does at full release and wipe the servers. Period. This is an accepted industry practice, and I've been through tons of games for EA and always expected that to happen, so no salt ever. People whining is not because they are losing their dinos, it's because WC themselves set the expectations. I've read their statements, that there would be no server wipe, to ok we're going to wipe 10% pop servers, to 33%, and then keep revisiting them every quarter. That's stupid, insane, and is bound to cause a PR nightmare for the company. It's not the idea of the wipe, it's the LIES straight up told by the WC head honchos. 

And seriously, anyone who does whine "but my time!"... you bought it EA, you should have expected your time to be wiped out. You weren't here to create dinos to live on forever in posterity... all good things come to an end (eventually even the game itself will end).

As the game grew, so did their views on a wipe. New issues started to pop up. They stated very early on--probably far too early, honestly--that there wouldn't be a wipe of any kind. Then the players started introducing all kinds of unforeseeable issues that would be impossible to smoothly and easily fix, so it went from "no wipe" to "ehh...there's gonna be some wipes, guys".

The only fault WC has is that they were trying too hard to please their player base, much too quickly.

1 minute ago, Vrallox said:

Yes, there is a whole lot of toxin but it's oozing from Wildcard. The people at Wildcard are the source of the toxin. The small percentage of players who called for a full wipe got their way and the rest supposedly got their way with the legacy servers. The reason some people have switched to calling for a full wipe is because Wildcard, in their incredibly toxic behavior, made sure the people who wanted the legacy servers were punished as much as possible.

"Hi, can you not kill our servers?"

"Sure! But we will make the rest of their lives as miserable as we can!" *stab* *stab* stab*

"Oh god! The servers are bleeding! They're in agony! Please have mercy and put them out of their misery!"

"Hahaha! This is what you get!"

"You monsters!" *swoon*

You get the idea. I'd rather just hang out on my legacy server though. That's what most of the people on it plan to do as well.

I asked this in another thread, but that thread got moved somewhere. But why are you here? You come off as so intensely unhappy; it seems a bit mental of someone to continue to post on a forum ran by a company that makes them so unhappy, let alone waste their own time playing their games.

You do nothing but talk about giving negative reviews and how much you hate WC; why are you here?

But my response to your post can be seen in my two posts above. There's really nothing else I can say on this matter besides "don't feel so hurt, they tried their best".

2 hours ago, Irk said:

I asked this in another thread, but that thread got moved somewhere. But why are you here? You come off as so intensely unhappy; it seems a bit mental of someone to continue to post on a forum ran by a company that makes them so unhappy, let alone waste their own time playing their games.

You do nothing but talk about giving negative reviews and how much you hate WC; why are you here?

But my response to your post can be seen in my two posts above. There's really nothing else I can say on this matter besides "don't feel so hurt, they tried their best".

Let's try this again since the website ate my reply. That's what I get for forgetting to use notepad first. Let's see how well I remember it...

I left one positive review and that's all that gets mentioned. I just wanted a discussion about the release of the game and what people thought of it. Apparently I should have waited to share my own opinion because that's all people remember about it. I was in no way attempting to make more positive reviews. I wanted to learn more about other's experiences through early access.

I'm here because it's entertainment for me for the most part. I don't normally check my own profile but I believe it says as much. The smiley faces I tend to use are indicative of how I feel towards the subjects I post on. I've learned to see the humor in almost everything and so I find quite a few things amusing on this forum.

I am rather overjoyed at how a game I like so much has such virile people behind it. Delightful. Magnificent. I could go on but how about following this link to an article that'll give you a good sense of who a particular person at Wildcard is as well as why the company is the way it is: kotaku.com/investigation-a-video-game-studio-from-hell-511872642

Thanks to ARK I've met over a hundred nice, friendly people that I like quite a bit. The fact that a number of them have been so happy over the way Wildcard has treated the playerbase is great. A number have stopped playing the game they like so much because of various delightful actions made by the development team. The loss of full support in the legacy system due to the removal of customer SUPPORT being the last straw for many.

17 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

Let's try this again since the website ate my reply. That's what I get for forgetting to use notepad first. Let's see how well I remember it...

I left one negative review and that's all that gets mentioned. I just wanted a discussion about the release of the game and what people thought of it. Apparently I should have waited to share my own opinion because that's all people remember about it. I was in no way attempting to make more negative reviews. I wanted to learn more about other's experiences through early access.

I'm here because it's entertainment for me for the most part. I don't normally check my own profile but I believe it says as much. The smiley faces I tend to use are indicative of how I feel towards the subjects I post on. I've learned to see the humor in almost everything and so I find quite a few things amusing on this forum.

I am rather irritated at how a game I like so much has such vile people behind it. Deceitful. Manipulative. I could go on but how about following this link to an article that'll give you a good sense of who a particular person at Wildcard is as well as why the company is the way it is: kotaku.com/investigation-a-video-game-studio-from-hell-511872642

Thanks to ARK I've met over a hundred nice, friendly people that I like quite a bit. The fact that a number of them have been so upset over the way Wildcard has treated the playerbase is aggravating. A number have stopped playing the game they like so much because of various despicable actions made by the development team. The loss of full support in the legacy system due to the removal of customer SUPPORT being the last straw for many.

That's all people tie you to because you kept pushing the fact that you left a negative review as if it were a badge of honor. "Guys, I said they suck. lul! Everyone look what I did, I said they no good! I was the first to give 'em a negative review today! lul. G-guys...hello? ...d-did anyone hear me?" is exactly how you come off.

That article, Trendy Entertainment and your apparent hate for Jeremy Stieglitz is absolutely and totally irrelevant to Ark, the video game. I hate how Disney refuses to pay their employees a livable wage considering how much money they make, but that has no impact on my opinion of their parks. I hate how Disney is ran as a company, I love the entertainment they provide me. You seem to have a hard time separating the two and it's making you come off as a very angry, very unhappy, very unpleasant person on the forums. You could hate the company, or the game; that's all fine. But every post of yours I've come across today, you do nothing but talk about your hate for WC, Ark and that you left a negative review. Again, that's all fine and dandy and it's your right to do so. But at a certain point you have to take a step back and ask yourself, "am I really this unhappy about this? Then maybe I should separate myself from this."

5 minutes ago, AngryChris73 said:

Ive been waiting since JUNE 12TH for Ragnorak, and WC decides to not let us play it. Really? Im not gonna cheat to play, thats out right retarded. Thanks WC for ruining my game wen i was so excited. Im  out until they reverse this

Cheating is such a negative word. Opening up the console is like breaking the fourth wall. It's all part of the game. It's not cheating. Besides this is Wildcard's game and they get to decide how the game is played. They decided to reach Ragnarok, instead of doing something ingame like reactivating a dead obelisk by powering it with element from bosses, you just open up the console and type in the command.

It's all gravy, my friend. Sweet, savory gravy.

Just now, Vrallox said:

Cheating is such a negative word. Opening up the console is like breaking the fourth wall. It's all part of the game. It's not cheating. Besides this is Wildcard's game and they get to decide how the game is played. They decided to reach Ragnarok, instead of doing something ingame like reactivating a dead obelisk by powering it with element from bosses, you just open up the console and type in the command.

It's all gravy, my friend. Sweet, savory gravy.

Is cheating on official? No. We waited for almost 3 months for Ragnorak, then they decide to lie to console players? Ya it is unfair 

Archived