MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DeningWei said:

How is it a lack of experience? The person making those promises have been in the industry for years working on many popular titles.

LMAO... What popular titles? Read up on someone before you make a comment like this. He's a Rookie with a bad track record.

13 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

you need to change ur forum name because it's making me hungry :)

Dude, I'm not stopping you from making yourself a sandwich. ?

8 hours ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Ever met a teenager that lied to avoid conflict? How about one that over-promised and under delivered because they were passionate/excited about something?

That's what we're getting here, just a lack of experience. It's not coming from a bad place.

Not arguing at all that people don't have a right to be hurt/upset/frustrated. Just trying to put it in perspective. 

i will never accept lies , no matter your reasoning these are not teenagers they are adults and they should know its not right. its not about what i'm entitled to as far as the product itself. its about being lied to to save face. im sure they knew they lied and that's the whole reason people didn't get the whole month notice . they wanted to minimize pre release bad press as to not neg impact sales as bad.       overpromising and under delivering is not a good business model , you never want customers to consistently associate your game with disappointment.

6 minutes ago, krizi said:

i dont understand but legacy server keep for long time or they wipe again in 2 or 3 months?

there is some official answer regard this?  

There's many official answers linked in this and several other threads.

Short explanation, they're slowly getting rid of all legacy servers.

9 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

i will never accept lies , no matter your reasoning these are not teenagers they are adults and they should know its not right. its not about what i'm entitled to as far as the product itself. its about being lied to to save face. im sure they knew they lied and that's the whole reason people didn't get the whole month notice . they wanted to minimize pre release bad press as to not neg impact sales as bad.       overpromising and under delivering is not a good business model , you never want customers to consistently associate your game with disappointment.

See, that's where we see things differently. They may fit the legal definition of adults, but that's where it stops. Ever hear the expression 30 is the new 20?

They are kids. Just ones old enough to start a business.

You're right though, that's a bad business model.

11 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

See, that's where we see things differently. They may fit the legal definition of adults, but that's where it stops. Ever hear the expression 30 is the new 20?

They are kids. Just ones old enough to start a business.

You're right though, that's a bad business model.

now how do we know what to believe from wc? any statement they made about anything can not be trusted. remember when they said they would never implement microtransactions? how do we trust that now ? 

5 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

now how do we know what to believe from wc? any statement they made about anything can not be trusted. remember when they said they would never implement microtransactions? how do we trust that now ? 

Well, if you trust any business in this world you're setting yourself up for pain and disappointment. You may as well start trusting lawyers and politicians.

Sorry dude, Santa isn't real, it's a German story Coca Cola plastered on their label... 

The Easter Bunny is just a skin in Ark, he's fake too!

1 minute ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Well, if you trust any business in this world you're setting yourself up for pain and disappointment. You may as well start trusting lawyers and politicians.

Sorry dude, Santa isn't real, it's a German story Coca Cola plastered on their label... 

but, but, but s.s.s.santa? say it ain't so! my whole life is a lie! :)  for real though we may not agree on everything but i like your sense of humor and it is a pleasure to debate you:)

Just now, IamTANK said:

but, but, but s.s.s.santa? say it ain't so! my whole life is a lie! :)  for real though we may not agree on everything but i like your sense of humor and it is a pleasure to debate you:)

Thanks... You're far more reasonable than most in these forums yourself. Different views are what make the world interesting.

11 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I agree we should be cautious. However, if we don't hold people accountable for their words and actions, how can we expect things to get better.  You know what they say about politicians and diapers....They need to be changed often and for the same reasons. Might be true for WC as well. I hold people accountable for a living and I have seen how it can improve an organization. I also agree different view points are good. I hope I have not offended anyone.

4 minutes ago, bkrafty said:

I agree we should be cautious. However, if we don't hold people accountable for their words and actions, how can we expect things to get better.  You know what they say about politicians and diapers....They need to be changed often and for the same reasons. Might be true for WC as well. I hold people accountable for a living and I have seen how it can improve an organization. I also agree different view points are good. I hope I have not offended anyone.

If you hold people accountable for a living, then you know delivery is 99% and actual fact is the remaining. Call me crazy, but the delivery on these forums sucks most of the time. So I doubt the message gets across to the Devs.

6 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

If you hold people accountable for a living, then you know delivery is 99% and actual fact is the remaining. Call me crazy, but the delivery on these forums sucks most of the time. So I doubt the message gets across to the Devs.

it's not about the specific things people post, it's more the general "vibe" of the playerbase the devs can use to gauge the community's feeling on their decision. every post does not need to be kind or suggest a better way to handle a situation for wc get a general understanding of how the community feels about it. i've seen other devs from other games state what i just did. 

I have been on WC's side most of the way through the developement process but them wiping 33% of servers and then offer no support to remaining server is just too much of a straight lie for me to continue with this company i pray that no one that works for wildcard ever has to get a job where they actually have to meet expectations becsuse they would be homeless and starving best of luck ill be on conan

6 minutes ago, IamTANK said:

it's not about the specific things people post, it's more the general "vibe" of the playerbase the devs can use to gauge the community's feeling on their decision. every post does not need to be kind or suggest a better way to handle a situation for wc get a general understanding of how the community feels about it. i've seen other devs from other games state what i just did. 

Yes, that's a very good point. It's dependent on the Devs being able to pull the diamonds out of all the crap in the community feedback though. WCS seems to lack this skill and it makes the feedback more negative and often hostile. Which in turn makes WCS make more bad decisions.      

They do listen to the overall vibe & try to learn from it. However, They seem to listen to the wrong parts of the community feedback & often it results in a "blind leading the blind" scenario.

They make knee jerk reactions without fully thinking things through, then adjust course after it causes conflict. It's very reaction based instead of having a pro active business plan. 

Don't get me wrong, I see them learning, they are successful & likely will continue to be. They could just save themselves so much headache if they had some proper expertise when it comes to business direction.

3 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Whether or not this is the right decision, its sad to see communities slowly crumble. At least 4 tribes have quit our server even though our server isnt being wiped, which is sad because we had a really good community going.

Yeah BUT, listen to this. I have played since 2015, alot of my tribe friends at the start of the game have left. I am seeing TONS of them coming back for release. I am so excited becuase this release is literally bringing people 1st together.

PLUS this release is Wildcards attempt to truly keep the communites together and start a new atmosphere where new players can come in and have fun. No massive amounts of duped items and dinos etc. 

So I for one am excited along with my 8+ tribes full of players rejoining the game

2 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Whether or not this is the right decision, its sad to see communities slowly crumble. At least 4 tribes have quit our server even though our server isnt being wiped, which is sad because we had a really good community going.

Completely agree, it's very sad. Hard to blame them though when WC put a countdown timer on the life of all current servers.

12 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Yes, that's a very good point. It's dependent on the Devs being able to pull the diamonds out of all the crap in the community feedback though. WCS seems to lack this skill and it makes the feedback more negative and often hostile. Which in turn makes WCS make more bad decisions.      

They do listen to the overall vibe & try to learn from it. However, They seem to listen to the wrong parts of the community feedback & often it results in a "blind leading the blind" scenario.

They make knee jerk reactions without fully thinking things through, then adjust course after it causes conflict. It's very reaction based instead of having a pro active business plan. 

Don't get me wrong, I see them learning, they are successful & likely will continue to be. They could just save themselves so much headache if they had some proper expertise when it comes to business direction.

The true awnser is people complain about anything. Good decision or not, its unfortunate.

5 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

Completely agree, it's very sad. Hard to blame them though when WC put a countdown timer on the life of all current servers.

I certainly dont blame them. Heck its making me think twice aswell. I am seeing how it plays out really.

6 minutes ago, Samula said:

Yeah BUT, listen to this. I have played since 2015, alot of my tribe friends at the start of the game have left. I am seeing TONS of them coming back for release. I am so excited becuase this release is literally bringing people 1st together.

PLUS this release is Wildcards attempt to truly keep the communites together and start a new atmosphere where new players can come in and have fun. No massive amounts of duped items and dinos etc. 

So I for one am excited along with my 8+ tribes full of players rejoining the game

I really hope it works out for the best. 

Archived